Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does anybody have experience with E&D Motors?

Options
  • 28-05-2024 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

I was looking at purchasing a car from e&d motors (mazda 3 2015) its listed at 11,400 which it seems that there is a few others listed at that price with similar mileage from different dealerships.

I was hoping somebody might have past experience with this crowd, as I have shared a car for the past 3 years and its the first car i will soley own myself and its not cheap so I want to make sure that I stay away from dealerships that are known for selling dodgy cars if it is the case. I've read a few reviews and there's a few bad ones but of course that is going to be the case with most independant dealerships.

They provided a full cartell background check, but I decided to buy my own one just to be sure and everything seems to look good but there was 3 vrcs issued for it there in febuary within 2 weeks, although I know nothing about the sale of cars so this could be normal but it seemed a bit odd to me. NCT is grand and was done last year in the summer. I also understand that crashes and repairs to crashes wont always show up on the cartell check.

Last night I stumbled upon a past listing from wilsons auctions of the exact car, now I know they auction off siezed assets, but that they also sell on behalf of other dealerships which I seen a few on here say that dealerships might auction off trade-ins due to issues they dont want to fix, but also just cars they have no space for or dont fit their collection of cars for sale. I'm not sure if i should be worried about this or not so i thought this would be the best place to ask.

I'm going to try go and have a look at it properly one of the days with my mate whos a mechanic just to make sure everything that we can actually inspect is all good. They have no past service history bar the sticker on the windsheild that says its next service was due in march so ill give them a ring aswell. They mentioned it would need a service that they would offer free of charge. A few of the reviews said that it was serviced by them and then the engine blew within a few months due to clogged filters etc so as its a diesel I'm a bit worried.

Sorry about the long question, but I just want to get all info out to save me having to reply to comments asking for more info about it.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this,

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

No verifiable service history. 🚩

Previously auctioned. (This is by no means an issue in itself, but auctioning just isn't the same type of business here in Ireland as it is in the UK). 🚩

But overall, you're not going to hear much good about Mazda Diesels on this forum - you'd be best advised to avoid this car and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So many cars for sale out there why even entertain this one. Plus if it’s diesel then no way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭User1998

Is it diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dazzler101

A Mazda diesel? stay away if it is.

very pricey at that price aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.eanddmotors.ie/car-details/?3702027=2015%20Mazda%20Mazda3

2.2 diesel, they have 4 of them for sale 🫣

Avoid avoid avoid. This will have been a €3k auction car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

Sorry I should have linked it in my reply. Such a shame as they really are one of the best looking hatchbacks out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hyperrjd

Apologies lads,

I've read all of your comments but havent been able to reply since I've been quite bust the last few days. I've decided to not go with it, I appreciate all of your replies. Looking for a 2017 Megane hatchback atm now, was one for sale right beside me but was already sold when I rang to inquire about it. Theres one in meath which is close to me as I'm in the midlands, so ill have a look at that and see where I go from there.

Contemplating maybe waiting a few weeks and hope that something pops up from people trading in to get 242s.

Yeah they are such nice cars, I've wanted one since I was younger but if the engine isnt there then im not going to waste my time and money just to get one, its a pity theres **** all mazda3 hatchbacks in petrol knocking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Wailin

Good call taking the advice on here, those mazda diesels are muck.

Yeah look, it’s the first car I’m going to own myself I’m only planning on keeping it until the resale value is the same value as the remaining loan balance so I’m not really too fussed about it, I’d rather buy a different car than get stung with repairs and problems, it is what it is.

Hopefully something will pop up close to me soon enough, I was looking at a car about an hour from me but was advised not to buy too far away because I don’t know the dealership, trying to get the car to them should anything happen during the warranty which is frustrating but fair at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭carfinder

What kind of finance are you going with?Presumably not PCP or HP given the age of the car you originally planned on buying. How do you plan on the resale value and remaining loan value aligning? It doesn't make sense to buy a car with the aim of reselling it at the remaining loan balance value - you'll be back to square 1 again. Would it not make sense to try to build up some "equity" in the car so you have a down payment or deposit on the next car?

I have a credit union loan, I won't be financing from a garage. I'm not going to sell the car in a few months, I'm planning keep the car for a while, but also saving up in the process over the years. Once I've saved up and payed back 60 or 70% of the loan I'll sell on the car.

Advertisement