Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No conviction for west Cork landlord who took away tenants car, dug a big hole and buried it.

Options
  • 29-05-2024 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭

The man was owed rent and the car was an eyesore in his opinion so while the lady and her daughter were on holidays in the USA he put the car on a trailer, brought it to his own place, got a big machine, dug a huge hole and buried it, as you do. The Judge left him off with no conviction but ordered him to pay his former tenant a thousand euro within a week.

He also moved another car they owned from the driveway of his house to the back of the house where it mysteriously caught fire. He wasn't charged in connection with this incident.

The man had previously been ordered by the RTB to pay the couple nearly 40,000 euro for wrongful eviction and damage to property but the same Judge over ruled this because the landlord didn't have legal representation at the RTB hearing.

It's not easy being a landlord and I suppose if they paid the rent on time none of this would have happened.

Article is behind a paywall but I'm sure someone will be able to throw it up.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/cork/news/courts/west-cork-landlord-who-buried-tenants-eyesore-car-in-a-big-hole-in-a-field-avoids-conviction/a1387692502.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

Advertisement