Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervans in Marina area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have I seen them ? no but I don't expect my local counsillor to be carrying them in his pocket if they've been sent, presumably in confidence to the council. I have known him for 27 years however and he's a very trusted family friend.

This thread is becoming more toxic than the Lee, its gone from discussion to personal sniping

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If they exist, they'll be digital images, not printed in someone's pocket. But they don't exist and you've never seen them, if they did you'd 100% post them up or supply a link. As I said before when people complain and make up scurrilous stories because they don't like people in Campervan's, barriers are put up and it's ruined for everyone & there's no alternative arrangements made.

Bar stool stories and spoofs are what's making this thread toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

I think that the mods can close this thread now - a conclusion has been reached

@John_Rambo your either not reading or not understanding posts on here so no point you contributing - in any event - I have asked for the thread to be closed as there is no need for any further discussion as - as I suspected, action has been taken by the powers.

Thanks to all who contributed in a healthy manner.

You're welcome.

I don't think the thread should be closed just because you got your way and now you don't like the way it's going now. You can simply stop contributing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Lads, I'm not doing anything wrong except calling you out on mistruths. Nobody in their right mind would empty a cartridge full of human waste from a riverbank, they'd do it where nobody can see them. It's a fabrication, an anecdote about hard evidence of which there are none. And @sporina if you don't like the way the thread is going don't contribute. You started the thread and now overnight camping is banned. Of course people with Campervans will react.

That business owner employs locals and generates revenue in the area, there's a cost of living crisis and a housing crisis and people are happy to turf honest local workers out of and area because they don't like the look of the Campervans.

As predicted earlier on in the thread, people will make up stories to get rid of them. That has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

@John_Rambo

I have seen someone, with my own eyes, emptying a cassette into the river from Kennedy Quay,a few weeks ago. I was on a boat. Accepted, it's a different location but I have seen it. It does happen.

Post edited by the beer revolu on

Are you going to say you saw the campervan too in your next post and that it wasn't from a boat or caravan? I've seen plenty of boat owners dumping in the sea and on rivers!

It wasn't from a boat. There weren't any near by. Yes, there was a camper van parked close by. I cannot say categorically that it came from said camper van. There were no caravans nearby.

Before you attack me, as you have done others, let me point out that I have offered no opinion on this matter. I am just refuting your claim that people emptying toilet cassettes into the river doesn't happen. That it's all made up. I am simply telling you that I, recently, saw someone doing exactly that. You may well think that I have made this up, that is your right. No amount of arguing or whataboutry will change what I saw with my own eyes.

I actually haven't formed an opinion about this matter yet but I really don't like the way you've communicated your views on this thread. You really aren't doing your cause any favours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The car parks are for short term use only - whether you work in the area or not, the car parks are not for people to live in. What's so hard to understand?

They're for short term use now, I understand perfectly! Who told you I didn't?

No overnighting for anyone, locals or tourists. Such a shame.

Double post.

I'm not going to attack you. I 100% knew you were going to say there was a Campervan nearby. I more or less said you would.

None of which casts any doubt on the veracity of what I said I saw. It was easy to predict that l would say there was a campervan nearby because it was obvious from what I said that there most likely was one nearby - it being a conversation about camoervans, and all. I have no more interest in defending what I said I saw. Choose not to believe it. I really couldn't care less at this point.

you sound like you need a holiday Rambo lol

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Robert Nairac

So are we happier with the doggers down there or the campers?

Post edited by Robert Nairac on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK folks, let's not be attacking one another, or making decisions about whether the thread should be closed or not. Report posts if they break the rules, not if you disagree with them.

That’s ironic seeing that the crux of this thread is to curtail peoples holidays. Furthermore, I wouldn’t be cheeky enough to suggest what you obviously need in life but saying that I get lots of breaks and holidays including a yearly excursion to your stunning Cork City and county!

@Rambo.. awe no all slagging aside, be rational - the world is mad enough as it is - imagine what it would be like if we had no regulations.. I am sure I don't need to elaborate

• Advertisement

I'm not slagging you at all. And of course we need regulations, but banning overnight campers from a carpark in a tourist area is overboard. You said yourself it didn't bother you that much, but you still persisted. Now tourists and locals, including a business employer are negatively affected.

i was slagging you lol

but you said it "carpark"!!!

Yes. "Carpark", not "Carparkforlessthanoneday". As I said at the start of this thread I live close to a carpark where plenty of campers park overnight, it's not a problem. Look, you got your way, they're banned now, you want the thread closed but you keep engaging to justify your actions.

What actions are you accusing sporina of? They clearly stated that they did not make a complaint.

Do you really think that a thread on a Cork city forum on boards has the power to get anything done?? That's laughable if it's the case.

yes "carpark" NOT "campervan park"

you know what, I'll be nice and give you some advice - you'd be soo much better off, putting your energy into writing to the government or whoever and asking them to create a suitable parking area for campervans, or something along those lines.. whatever your needs require..

your welcome 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One reason the council may be loath to create a purpose built year-round campervan park, and why they are so scarce as to be next to non existent here, is that it would attract 'the cousins'.

Sporina, we're way ahead of you. Way before you started your negative complaining & targeting for no particular reason we were positively lobbying & asking for solutions & aires in the hope we'd get it done in numerous locations before the busybodies ruined it. Unfortunately, as explained numerous times to you it's easier to shut down than create and you got your way.

You can take great satisfaction in walking through the carpark now in a sea of SUV's and blandness.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭pauly58

Whether someone saw toilets being emptied in the Lee or not, the question does remain, where are they being emptied ?

• Advertisement

As someone with a dislike of big SUV's, I have never, ever thought for a single moment that them being replaced with campervans would be, in any way, a positive thing! Am I alone in this?

"look at this awful sea of bland SUVs, in this scenic spot! If only they were replaced with campervans, everything would look so much better!"

That's a special kind of load of bollicks 😂

Advertisement