Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I sh*t you not - North Korea sends balloons of faeces into South

• 29-05-2024 5:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

South threatens escalation.

US spokesman accuses Russia of having supplied the excrement in return for North Korean artillery shells, noting reports of low food supplies in North.

North Korea has dropped at least 260 balloons carrying rubbish in the South, prompting authorities to warn its residents to stay indoors.

South Korea's military also cautioned the public against touching the white balloons and the plastic bags attached to them because they contain "filthy waste and trash".

North and South Korea have both used balloons in their propaganda campaigns since the Korean War in the 1950s.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported that "some of the fallen balloons carried what appears to be faeces judging from its dark colour and odour".

Earlier this month, a South Korea-based activist group claimed it had sent 20 balloons carrying anti-Pyongyang leaflets and USB sticks containing Korean pop music and music videos across the border.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nn2p32zrzo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,459 ✭✭✭✭zell12

And?

What does the South send them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd wait for South Korean confirmation of exactly what animal produced the ballon-faeces before jumping to any conclusions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Fecoterrorism.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Sorry, my contribution was a poor attempt at humour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭amacca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭BagofWeed

'US spokesman accuses Russia of having supplied the excrement', that's an absolute classic altogether. The irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭nachouser

I think I'll see which way the wind is blowing before making my mind up on this.

No worries I got it :D I was just trying to run my joke into the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Sure it’s not a flock of flying ostriches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yet they haven’t eaten corn in months 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

They must have been watching Malcolm in the middle. The lads used balloons to poo bomb a group of rapping grannies .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

North Korea has dropped at least 260 balloons carrying rubbish in the South, prompting authorities to warn its residents to stay indoors.

South Korea's military also cautioned the public against touching the white balloons and the plastic bags attached to them because they contain "filthy waste and trash".

South Koreans are paying no heed to these warnings and dealing with these drop(pings) in the appropriate manner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭elperello

How to win friends and influence people ...

Not.🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Where did that line about the Russian "excrement" being used to fill the balloons come from? It is not in the article…did you add it yourself as a joke? Is chatGPT hallucinating again?

Wasn't Putin (reportedly) having his "output" collected and saved when he goes on a foreign trip?

Post edited by fly_agaric on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This lil prankster seen running from the scene.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭standardg60

During WW2, Japan launched balloons with bombs attached across the Pacific to attack America, some of them actually made it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

I mean it should be clear that that particular line is made up and indeed fake

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Forgive me, forgot to turn my brain on this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Luna84

Why do that? I know everyone hates Russia atm so I will add Russia supplied the sh*t. WHY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's novel. I like it. I pardon them.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Because it should be clear that it's a joke but since the rest of the story is so bizarre yet true, it can catch you out if you're not paying attention, which provides a pertinent lesson on the dangers of getting your news from third hand sources.. check the source!

It's a satirical criticism of the current geopolitical situation.

It actually subverts the article title, it's meta bro.

But really I just found it funny and wanted to post something a little light hearted based on a weird story. The other points are just faux intellectualism.

With different climate conditions they could have maybe been useful as firestarters I suppose. They do remind me of that little panic the US had a little while ago over the Chinese spy/weather balloons. That whole incident died a death didn't it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I reckon the effect of these 'attacks' has been inflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I read this to see how they managed to get shıte into balloons, I'm disappointed to find out they attached bags to the balloons.

I was also hoping they'd conducted DNA analysis to determine it was of Russian origin. 😂

I'm calling ya out, ya Russian shıte in a bucket bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

think I’ll volunteer to do the balloons for the mother in laws 60th birthday bash 😎

• Advertisement

I guess since they are under sanction they struggled to get enough Guinness to do the job and had to settle for just attaching the bags. A little underwhelming alright

Post edited by riffmongous on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's just a pity they are so reluctant to embrace other cultures. There are many experts here on the Etiquette thread in AH, I'm sure they could have put their balloon knots together and squeezed out a solution.

A modern day Fig Roll - how do they get the shıte into the shıte balloons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭nachouser

Kim was catching up on us high school TV shows, the one where they tp the house and that's where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HakunaJuanMata

Dear would you get my umbrella for me, it's raining Cleveland steamers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

The lesser known The Weather Girls song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,291 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

"Earlier this month, a South Korea-based activist group claimed it had sent 20 balloons carrying anti-Pyongyang leaflets and USB sticks containing Korean pop music and music videos across the border"

Next time they should send recordings of Scat Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucien_Sarti

No confirmation on the faeces aspect of the story yet, so that can safely be assumed to be standard CIA/NIS lies until proven otherwise.

Selected quotes by Kim Yo Yung, DPRK official:

“We have tried what they have always being doing but I cannot understand why they are making a fuss as if they were hit by a shower of bullets”.

“After all they hoisted a white flag, just one day after their despicable article-scattering was exposed, which the DPRK has demanded to stop for years”

“Scum like clans of the ROK are now blatantly claiming that their leaflet-scattering towards the DPRK is ‘freedom of expression’ and that the corresponding act of the DPRK is ‘an obvious violation of international law’ ”.

“…political agitation rubbish …mixed ideas raised at cesspools…scattering cheap money and trifles which even mongrel dogs wouldn’t like…”

This is how a dignified free people talk to the imperial fascist savages who have been attacking them for 80 years. I wonder why these straight talking statements are never relayed on our so-called free press / billionaire owned press?

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

This could become a thing- countries send their waste up in the air and whatever country it falls on has to deal with it 😀

600 of them, it's not just a token effort, they are really wasting time and some bit of effort on this

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucien_Sarti

20th Century Western war propaganda refresher (sort of):

The US puppet state of SK has been regularly sending balloons carrying obnoxious, moronic propaganda across into the DPRK for years, in violation of signed agreements not to (not going to entertain “it was from members of the SK public/activists”). This was not reported in de medja so consequently there was no thread in CA about it (this happens a lot; a LOT ), so there were no gasps of how needlessly aggressive & hostile SK were being!

For a yet unknown but undoubtedly sinister reason, the imperial fascists low-lifes have decided now is the time to increase tension a bit more (in addition to the huge regular mock invasions they carry out). So they get their syndicated stenographer presstitutes to publicise the return balloons as if it is a shocking, threatening, unprovoked* aggression.

As is known, of the people who see either RTE article, the vast majority will only read the headline (too busy working flat out to stay housed & fed, so no time for geo-politics). This headline alone will reaffirm all the previous bits of information that people have heard on the media about ‘North Korea’: a mad place, run by nutters who starve their people and want war with everyone, force everyone to have the same haircuts as KJU and execute people publicly with machine guns to keep people obedient- you know, the usual mind-numbing cartoonish horseh1t.

They mostly will never discuss ‘North Korea’ with anyone (why would they?) and so this sophisticated subtle propaganda brainwashing method silently increases the hapless targets anti-communist convictions about the DPRK by one notch inside their mind. Objective achieved.

So, this only works because people trust the media still, they’re ignorant of the fact that what they are consuming is global class war propaganda.

*Those who read the article will compartmentalise the part where it mentions the balloons from DPRK are in response to constant balloons from SK (for YEARS, KCNA article). The Daily Mail is an extreme advantage taker of of this known phenomenon (I used to read that toilet paper in my clueless NPC days).

If RTE (& Times/Indo etc) was not a run of the mill CIA stenographer, they would give a brief context in geopolitics articles. For example, it was the US who divided Korea – no Koreans took that decision - then continued as vicious & brutal an occupation as the Japanese had in as much of Korea they could dominate by the barrel of a gun; embroidering the usual tapestry of colonial mass-murder, massacres & genocide. A lovely bunch of imperial gangsters.

But North Korea cray cray 😶

Post edited by Lucien_Sarti on

• Advertisement

Send back balloons filled with photos of Kim Jon Un with a micro penis.

Advertisement