Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennistymon - good pubs, food, walks, please suggest

Options
  • 05-09-2022 10:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, i'll be there a few times late this month and over the next few months with some time to kill here and there. A good pint, pub grub and/or restaurant and also cafes or sites/shops of interest would be helpful. Will mostly be staying near Pot Duggans from what i can see. Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

There’s a nice walk down the glen- walk to the falls hotel and take a left at the steps of the hotel.

pint- murts in the square is a decent spot.

byrnes restaurant.

food- teach bia on Main Street is good.

market house towards SuperValu is good.

oh LA La is a creperie owned by a French woman- it’s a grand spot too.

the falls hotel is a grand spot for food and drink too.

Lahinch is about 2 miles over the road and has loads of nice pubs and eateries too. Along with a nice walk by then prom.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This is it - is a nice coffee and food spot.

The Cheese Press is good too.

Hugo's in Lahinch is a great bakery.

Ennistymon is very much on the rise I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I liked the Falls food too.

Don't get trapped in Eugene's pub in the town. Pure and utter tourist trap, and doesn't really hide it. The owner likes to string you along with stories, only talking to you when you are nearly finished your drink, so that you'll buy another to hear the end of the story. He's smart in a way!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TomCor1

Sorry to be jumping in on an old post. We're considering moving to Ennistymon and would appreciate some insight. From what I know about the town (very limited) it's a nice place for young families. However, I read about the recent violence in the halting site and am wondering was this an isolated incident or is it a major issue in the town?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think there's actually 3 halting sites in and around Ennistymon, but that the occupants are more a petty annoyance than anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement