Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Clondalkin

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Danye

How many kebab shops does Clondalkin need?

There’s approximately 4 dedicated kebab shops from the Credit Union to this new place. Include the Indian restaurants that also offer kebabs and Eskimo Pizza, that’s a huge amount of Kebabs in a small area.

What’s going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

And all of them shíte. Hopefully this one is better

Opening on Wednesday apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Anyone tried it? it looks a lot less garish than that horrendous XL place up the road at least I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Was in the carpark belong to castle vets last week and two of the guys from the restaurant where there cutting up a pallet with an angle grinder. If I wasn't preoccupied on the phone, I would've gave them something more appropriate out of the van.

Im sure their culinary skills are a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭con747

What's it called the new place? An angle grinder for chopping wood 😂

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I think it’s operated by the same person that ran green corner. It looks well inside and it seemed to by busy tonight.

Nah, different person. Last guy was from Tunisia, this guy is Turkish

Absolutely madness in there tonight, the first Friday. Ran out of lots of food, getting orders wrong. But suppose that's to be expected at the start. The important thing is the food is really good. I'd leave it for 2 weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Wife got some takeaway food from it. I reckon it'll be one of the best middle Eastern places in Dublin, it's top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Haven't seen a menu yet, is it expensive?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

It's a bit more expensive than a usual kebab place there's a menu on their instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/sultanshannclondalkin?igsh=MXdlenI3MHNvNWl4Ng==

Thanks. One of the kids grabbed a menu yesterday when they were going to the chipper (that really makes me sound like parent of the year material doesn't it 🤣 )

A bit pricy alright but what isn't these days. If the food is good then it's worth it I suppose.

Don't know if I mentioned it on here before but we went to the Treetops at the Steering Wheel twice earlier this year and the food was excellent, great to have it back.

I tried this Kebab place over the weekend. It was really nice. As mentioned above, the service is a bit all over the place and it can be manic.

I went again, sat inside. Really good. Service was good too. He's trying to get a wine licence,so should be bring your own then.

I thought they only needed a licence to sell wine, not for BYOB?

Can't figure out the pricing either. Doner plates are ~€13 but no side, shish plates are about the same but include rice or naan?

The plates include a naan. I don't think the wine licence is related to byo, might just be waiting to allow alcohol on the premises.

6 of us went over the weekend, everything was really good and he gave a load of starter free samples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Had food from Sultan's Hann at the weekend. Really good and lovely staff. Will go back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement