Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing??

Options
  • 30-05-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi , Im a single mother 26yrs old have 2 children aged 5 and 3 and currently pregnant with twins that are due in August 2024, im currently living temporarily in my parent house that they rent throught Hap , she let me put a bed in her dinning room for the time being and i sleep in that bed with my 2 children , my parents have told me that i can stay here untill i give birth and that after i give birth i will need to find my own place for my own benefit because the house is already crowded with my other siblings, my only income right now is (child benefit and one parent family) , what are my options i am currently applying for social house with Fingal county council , would i be considered homeless or priority? what are my chances on being priority? also my son is Autistic and my midwive has told me she considera me to be prenatal depression . is there any other options that i could take?

Post edited by The_Conductor on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭YellowLead

The father/s are obliged to provide for their children - I hope you are getting maintenance.
    Good luck with your housing search, that sounds like a tough situation to be in.

You won’t be considered homeless because you are not currently homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Contraception is also an important option.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

She can be considered homeless. I know a guy who was housed because he was sleeping in his fathers couch in a one bedroom apartment therefore he was classed as homeless. I don't fully understand it but he has his own apartment now never worked and never will bar the odd cash job.

OP contact your local council and get the paperwork filled in and I'm sure you'll be looked after. Maybe Steven above has a good point too. Look after what you have before adding more stress.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/losing-your-home-and-homelessness/homelessness/#:~:text=This%20definition%20of%20homelessness%20is,accommodation%20on%20a%20temporary%20basis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That little /s after the word father is the snarkiest example of passive aggressive communication I have seen in a very long time. And you thought you were hiding it well by throwing in a default predicable little nicety like "good luck with your housing search".

What a horrible little fcuking cow you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭xyz13

Tusla intervention.

Petite a petit l'oiseau fait son nid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭JVince

Not sure if the OP is genuine or a troll with a cock and bull story.

But at age 26 with 4 kids, it smacks of a total disregard for the very generous social system we have here and tantamount to abuse of the system.

Where is/are the father/ fathers, why not look at education and employment rather than be a burden on the system?

I've seen first hand people refuse really good 3 bed housing because they have 4 kids and demand 4/5 bedrooms.

Frankly, there should be a maximum of 3 bedrooms for social housing except in exceptional circumstances and similarly, child benefit for max 3 kids.

And automatic deduction from the father's earnings as a priority deduction - if he refuses to contribute.

It might get some people to think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭YellowLead

And yet you had nothing to say to Stephen toast?

I wasn’t actually being nasty- there’s nothing wrong with having children. I genuinely meant the good luck with the search - but it’s important that fathers look after their responsibilities.
    You clearly are sensitive over this for whatever reason, but maybe think before posting and calling people names - it’s far more dignified not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

You knew exactly what you were doing when you posted your little /. Don't play dumb with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Instead of helping OP with advice you derailed the conversation into an argument over a "/"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Esra

its hard to even post about your situation because people always asume things i dont know if he was being rude or whatever the case but all my children have the same father and the reason we are not together is because he had no other choice but to move back to where he is originally from to take care of his sick mother and at the moment he cannot financally take care of me because of his circumstances. its hard for some people to understand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,855 ✭✭✭billyhead

Op.

Is the father of the children paying maintenance? That's what you need to start chasing for. Go down the legal route if you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

Social housing are not for people on the housing list anymore.

Social housing are only for refugees now.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭xyz13

• Registered Users Posts: 34,915 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think you took a wrong turn and meant to go to Gript.

there is One father , why is everyone quick to asumme there is more then one father i had 2 children and i got pregnant with twins(currently still pregnant) , its not like i chose to have twins if i had it my way i would not have chosen twins but theres not much i can do now , the reason the father is not here is because he had to go and take care of his REALLY sick mother and at the moment cannot support me with money. i have applied for jobs but no one responds and i dont even tell them that im pregnant or have kids but i never get a response, its not as easy as u make it sound for some people. wish you could accept the fact that things happen in life, its not like i want to be on a social welfare payment or social housing, i would rather work/open my own business and have it my own way then rely on social welfare but im at the stage where i dont really have another choice but that at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

When you're applying for jobs, do you get anybody to proof read what you've written?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SteM

This country is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Why can't you go with the father to his mams and he can help you all out?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Cant imagine that this thread is anything but a windup. It's like a bingo card to wind up most of the posters here.

• Advertisement

why would it be a wind up im honestly writing here to ask for help to see what options i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,915 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's not too far off Gripts tag line, 'uncomfortable reading for some'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

He had a choice.

He chose his mommy over his partner and children. Please don't have any more children with this man, now you know what he is really like.

Let the council know now that once the twins are born, your parents will have to kick you out because the house will be overcrowded.

The day that they do kick you out, go to the council office with your kids and say you are homeless. They will find something for you. (It's best if your parents do this on a weekday when the council office is open, ideally about 9am so the council have staff time that day. )

Post edited by Mrs OBumble on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Closing this train wreck of a thread while I decide whether or not to reopen a sanitised version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement