Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension awarded, how long before I start getting it?

Options
  • 30-05-2024 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I applied for my contributory pension on my 66th birthday (March 10th 2024) and today I have received the notice from mywelfare that it's been awarded ("You are due this pension since March 10th 2024").

My questions are: 1) when I will start receiving my weekly payment and 2) Will they pay the arrears too since March 10th???

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭StormForce13

If you had applied for it three months before you 66th birthday, as they advise, you'd have got it in the week of your birthday!

You should get your first week's payment either tomorrow (if they had time to process it) or next Friday.

Pension arrears can be paid for up to 6 months, and you should get the back payments owed to you within the next two or three weeks, depending on the volume of work in the arrears section.

Don't forget that it's a taxable payment and Social Welfare will be advising Revenue that they're paying it to you.

Answers

Advertisement