Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The conspiracy theory forum might be more suitable for you

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Maxface

Either you are a criminal and support criminals, or don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The trumpies are not taking this well.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Oh the orange manbaby won't like this at all

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Does anyone think this will only make Trump stronger in the elections?

He and his supporters will use this as much as possible…Drain the swap and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,077 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You seem confused. This is due process to Trump who is a rapist and fraudster, someone who tried to steal an election and ignores any law that gets in his way.

Or do you think Trump should be able to commit illegal acts and not be held to account?

Meanwhile in Putins Russia Trump would already have died via an open window, stair fall, heart attack or plane crash. Taje your pick.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's blaming George Soros now. Busting all those greatest hits right out. What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I can’t see independents siding with a convicted felon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭zerosquared

So Melania (who hasn’t showed up to support husband at any stage) now has grounds for divorce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That might be what think you did.

Having seen your previous
    attempts at defences of Trump that counts for exactly nothing. If you
    cant be bothered reference these old posts aint nobody else going to do
    it for you.

All I see are simple questions put to you and dodged
    here and now. I expect your previous 'explanations' similarly dont stand
    up to any scrutiny.

He was found guilty in court on all 34 legal charges. Your claims have no standing or foundation in comparison to that.

You
    said the trial was unfair. Old posts cannot speak to that given the
    trial hasnt been running that long. You have provided no attempt, no
    evidence to show that the trial was unfair. So your claim is without
    basis and without merit.

Still you trot out any excuse to defend
    the rapist. All the while pretending you are not a Trump defender and
    fooling no one except yourself in doing so.

Did Trump do the things he was convicted for?

Should politicians be able to conduct the campaign like that without consequence?

You
    seem to be arguing Trump should be allowed to get away with illegal
    conduct because he is Trump. Which would in fact be political thing to
    do.

Im not going back through my lengthy posts on this topic just to appease you.

You know well I have already explained why this case was a witch hunt and a kangaroo court.

Ive said multiple times that I dont want Trump to be the next President, and the reasons why.

However I want to see fair courts in the US but these cases against Trump are witchhunts, artificially constructed cases by a biased Attorney General whose main campaign promise was to jail trump.

Does anyone think this will only make Trump stronger in the elections?

He and his supporters will use this as much as possible…Drain the swap and all that

Its quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

so much winning.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump will make up reasons - His lawyers looked to have the case thrown out for some reason or other virtually every day of the trial.

But my guess is that they'll try the "Weinstein defence" where they'll claim that because the Judge said that he'd allow the Prosecution to ask Trump about other cases/crimes that it made it impossible for him to testify in his own defence and as a result impacting the findings.

It worked for Weinstein I guess.

There's not one person on here who doesn't believe that had the jury acquitted trump, you would be singing their praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Needless pedantry. Trump is a rapist, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gneel

**** yes it's worth celebrating. For once this piece of ****'s lies have caught up with him. What's not to celebrate. Lock him the **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

She's had grounds for divorce for years. She knows that her husband was with Stormy but maybe Melania wants a second shot at FLOTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

There isn't a single personal attack in the quoted post. The poster is simply challenging your continual nonsense. I cannot remember a single time where you actually added anything constructive to this thread. All you do is drop weird statements that you then can't back up with any sort of rationale and evidence, and get defensive when someone questions you. I don't know why I'm even bothering trying to engage with you. My bad, really.

• Advertisement

We shall see who has the last laugh in November if Trump wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭zerosquared

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭political analyst

The following article was written by Professor Noah Feldman of Harvard and published earlier this year. Click on "Are you a robot?" and the link will appear.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-02-29/the-supreme-court-isn-t-slow-walking-trump-s-jan-6-immunity-case

Here's a summary of Feldman's article:

It's inaccurate and unfair to say that SCOTUS is stalling for Trump's benefit.

Merrick Garland appointed Jack Smith as special prosecutor in the Jan 6th insurrection case on 18 Nov 2022. Smith's team indicted Trump on 1 Aug 2023. The delays might be justified by the goal of restoring the DOJ to an apolitical approach to both investigating and prosecuting.

The immunity issue deserves serious airing.

SCOTUS precedent: A sitting president is immune from civil suits for conduct performed within scope of duties while in office.

Criminal suits are different but the reasons for that need clear articulation. If SCOTUS defers to the DC Circuit, that leaves open the issue of whether an ex-president outside DC could be criminally prosecuted. There's the meaningful question of the real-world, practical effects of allowing such charges. When Bill Clinton was president, judges didn't foresee the way the civil suit taken by Paula Jones against Clinton became part of investigations in the last 2 years of his presidency.

SCOTUS has to consider the risk that a future president would criminally prosecute a predecessor.

Summarily affirming the DC Circuit or refusing to hear Trump's case would've fallen short of the normal amount of care and attention afforded by SCOTUS even to cases of minor importance.

Comparison: Nixon didn't turn over all materials to prosecutor Leon Jaworski.

Contrast: Trump isn't violating a direct judicial order in the Jan 6th case and so he's exercising his constitutional right to bring an immunity claim to SCOTUS.

It's not SCOTUS's responsibility to speed up the trial for it to happen before election. The timing was set by the Biden administration's decision not to appoint Jack Smith until long after Jan 6th.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Have you ever stopped to wonder WHY New Yorkers hate him??

They've ALWAYS hated him - They hated him when he was a Libertarian and they hated him he was a Democrat.

Their reasons for hating him have nothing to do with politics.

They hate him because they KNOW him.

They know he's a dirty low down crook , they know that he has cheated his way to everything he has ever gotten in his life.

Bear in mind , the general consensus was that this was the weakest of the multitude of cases against him and he's just been found guilty on all charges.

Georgia up next I suspect.

Time will indeed tell.

The jury were never going to acquit Trump.

They were selected to do a job and they did it.

You're characterisation of him is based is off a corrupt justice system and media, who are out to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I hear a window is on its way to him as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You know his defence had their say in jury selection, right? They only had to find one juror who didn't think he was guilty and trump would have got away with it. They couldn't even manage that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Larry Hogan a former Governer of Mary land and looking for a nomination for the Senate called for Americans "to respect the verdict and the legal process''. As well former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said ''the jury verdict should be respected''.

id it time for Nickki Haley to reconsider her support for Trump or ask for the verdict to be respected. You could see support dwindle away over the couple of months

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement