Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New HKC App SecureComm2

• 30-05-2024 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Downloaded the new HKC app as a replacement for the older HKC app. Anybody else find its connectivity is poorer than the original app? seems like it fails to connect often after entering code.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Sono

been using it a good while and have no issues whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Also having big problem with connection. It’s a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

HKC had an issue with a server yesterday afternoon, that is what caused the issue with the most recent app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I downloaded it yesterday and was unable to set it up. Says my user code is wrong (it isn't). Still getting that error this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'm also getting the error message about signal level this morning and can't access the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭KildareP

I got this when I moved over to the new app - it didn't like the fact I had a # in the SecureComm password set on the alarm panel despite the old app being perfectly happy with it. Changed and all worked after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've been using the "new" app for a while now and haven't had any issues with it up until a few days ago but am now having issues logging in, where it fails on the first attempt to login using my fingerprint but works when I retry, and also random signal level errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC had an issue the other day with Securecomm as they sent out a email for everyone to change over to the new app, which most did causing a issue for everyone. Its fixed now so should be back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Seems it was a temporary issue with their server and new app. Yesterday and today however the actual panel in the house has LAN/Comms failure, wonder if related to new servers etc… and it seems not just my house, also in another siet I have access to….others?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Also gettings lan errors last few nights. very annoying.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same here, LAN faults tonight waking me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Hooked

I’m lying awake here with the panel beeping and no app working. Afraid if I go downstairs (to the panel) to shut it up, I might not be able to disarm it. HELP 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Any idea how to fix this? Been turning off the beeps but back on every hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hurlo83

Any idea how to disconnect the speaker on the circuit board? I’m demented going down to knock off the beeping every 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Up all night Jesus Christ.

Muffled it with pillows now but stupid panel the beep is so high pitched and there is no speaker it just goes through everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Alarm renewal time, absolute last straw tonight. No chance whatsoever that I’ll continue to use HKC. No sleep at all.

just put in the normal disarm code to silence it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Nuphor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭MickH503

Post edited by MickH503 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Getting this now every couple of hours. It's a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If getting a LAN/Comms failure and have the wifi card in your alarm, reboot your home broadband router to see if this fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Painful…I knew it wasn't just my panel when this started earlier in week.. poor service since that new app roll. No proactive emails or notices saying they have a problem last time..let's see this time

I'd say plenty of installers phones will be hopping today

Securecomm cloud portal is down. The installer login page won't load either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

every half an hour from 2am onwards

It’s going to be a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ministripe

GSM line fault? Is this same as LAN fault beeping all night disarming and back again an hour later...😫 also not connecting on app. Appreciate in advance any suggestions to fix

No fix for home user. It's up to HKC to fix their cloud server. The loss of communication is causing all these angry, tired posts this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ministripe

Thanks for the feedback ongarite. Guess we are all bleary eyed this morning 😵‍💫

the only plus is I started at 7am instead of 9… so I’ll be out the gap at 3!!! LOL.

we’ve a Siberian husky that HOWLS at alarms, phone ringing and calls via speaker phone.

At least he didn’t react to the beeping last night! Every cloud… pardon the pun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Alarm beeping every 20 mins since 2am here

Driven the entire house mad, no way to disable this I assume? We've a panel in the bedroom so too loud to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 56hb

any update on what the problem is and when it will be fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

The app is working for me. I’m able to log in remotely and see the alarm status etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭gipi

Mine started at 2am too - glad to know it's not just me!

I read elsewhere on boards that the warning beeping can be disabled, but only if you have the engineer code.

Same here, last night at 1am and this morning at 7am. Luckily it's only a beep from the keypad and not an alarm but still very annoying.

I'm also finding the keypad is very unresponsive when I enter the code to acknowledge it, and there's huge delays before it stops beeping. Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I have the engineer code for my panel.

Any idea how I disable beeping, even if only temporary. Cannot deal with another night like last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 VDFUser22

It should be fixed by the end of the day says HKC.

You just enter the engineer code on the panel and it will ask authorised by so then you enter your usual user code. Press quit when you're done and it will ask to exit engineer menu then hit yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 trickybicky

I put mine into engineer mode - hopefully that stops the beeping until fixed

anyone care to share how to put in ‘engineer mode’?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VDFUser22

Just type the engineers code at the panel. There's no prompt to enter it. The default code is 4567. If that doesn't work you'll need to ask your installer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

We tried that and it made no difference. I'm working from home today and the beeping started up again about an hour ago. I've had to shut it off 3 times already since then and no doubt the 4th will be any minute now.

If there's nobody around to shut the beeping off, does it keep going forever?

• Advertisement

It's apparently a server issue at the HKC end of things, so the communication method, whether WiFi or GSM, is irrelevant. The error message, GSM line fault, is just misleading.

My panel was beeping every hour. Engineer code worked, thank you.

If you don't have the code, you should reach out and get it. You need it with this BS system.

But something that possibly worked for me last night - others can try out - I disconnected the router. Then the panel beeped one more error later but once I dismissed that, it didn't come back. My theory is that because it reported an error (can no longer connect to the wifi) and I dismissed it with my code, it's still the same error and it won't beep again. Whereas if it manages to reconnect even for a moment with the network it goes back to counting this as a new error you have to dismiss each time it manages to shortly reconnect.

Are there any social media channels where they post updates about outages, etc.? Can't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My panel is bleeping away to itself - quietly, thank goodness, so it didn't disturb me last night.

I tried putting in the engineer code (given up thread as 4567 default) but the panel is looking for a 6-digit number - anyone know what that one might be?

My installer is unavailable - I'm 99% sure he left it on default for this very reason, I'm also 99% sure I wrote it down somewhere but do you think I can find it???????

If HKC manage to fix whatever they've broken, will the panel just shut up by itself? (we'd better hope they're not run by Vanilla, or we'll have to hope they don't break two other things while they're at it 🙄)

If you type in the Engineer code, it will display "Authorised by"... Now type in your normal code and I think it should say "Service Menu" or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But the only engineer code I know of is the 4567 provided by some other poster - but my panel is looking for a 6-digit number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

I typed 4567 into mine and nothing happened. Like HeidiHeidi it seems to be looking for a 6 digit code

I only have this system less than a week, but I guess if it does not say Autorised By, then the engineer code you tried does not work.

Try 456789 ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lena11

They have just sent an email saying they will update via LinkedIn ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement