Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Isreal aren’t great with numbers

first there was 1600+ killed

Then it’s down to around 1150, many by the IDF

hostages was something like 250, now it’s 100…

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

He's probably using the IDF figures, 1/3 killed are terrorists and they have killed 12000 terrorists. Do the math, it's on par with figures Hamas release.

Why are people questioning the figures when figures from Hamas and the figures given by the IDF broadly align, like all previous years of the conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

Hostage figures reduced because of releases/, a few living rescued, corpses recovered.

Post edited by Balagan1 on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's not a war. It's a mass slaughter. This has been rebuked and debunked so many times. They choose to bomb civilian areas, refugee camps , hospitals and then say well Hamas are there and don't everr back up such claims.

You keep going back to this oh well civilians die, but you have not got the faintest notion of what on earth you're talking about.

From 2008-2023 (pre October) just under 7000 Palestinians killed by Israelis. 308 Israelis killed in that time attributed to Palestinians.

That's not "a price of war". You're an apologist for murder and nothing else.

What locations do you think Hamas is fighting from?

• Advertisement

I don't think they are conveniently in every single place that Israel drops 2000lb bombs on. Like remember they manage a precise strike on a consulate in Syria but can only level large areas, tented camps etc

And may never know, but if the ai they are using to target people is being used in the way whistleblowers have claimed then they are blowing up 1000s of people on really poor and problematic data. They can't just blame the data though because it required human input to set those parameters and again by the whistleblower claims they have a very, very loose definition of whats a hamas member

Theyce been bombing areas they explicitly told people to go. We've had claims of bomb craters being eclvidenfe of tunnels. It's always a scramble to make up a story when there is a large civilian death toll

Do you believe the bomb craters are the only evidence of tunnels and that the many reports of their existence up to and including in recent days and earlier film of alleged tunnels, some with media present (a rare thing) are all fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/30/stacy-gilbert-us-state-department-israel-gaza-aid

US state department falsified report absolving Israel on Gaza aid – ex-official

Stacy Gilbert, who quit post as senior adviser on Tuesday, says report went against consensus of experts

The state department falsified a report earlier this month to absolve Israel of responsibility for blocking humanitarian aid flows into Gaza, overruling the advice of its own experts, according to a former senior US official who resigned this week.

She said there was general agreement that while other factors impeded the flow of aid into Gaza at a time when famine has begun to take hold of its 2.3 million population – such as lack of security, caused by Hamas, Israeli military operations and the desperation of Palestinians to find food – it was clear that Israel was playing a role in limiting the amount of food and medical supplies crossing the border into Gaza.

“There is consensus among the humanitarian community on that. It is absolutely the opinion of the humanitarian subject matter experts in the state department, and not just in my bureau – people who look at this from the intelligence community and from other bureaus. I would be very hard pressed to think of anyone who has said [Israeli obstruction] is not an issue,” Gilbert said. “That’s why I object to that report saying that Israel is not blocking humanitarian assistance. That is patently false.”

I guess it's understandable that people on here think Israel is innocently defending itself in all of this when both they and the US are covering up their crimes. If you consume any standard media however and see what they're actually doing, it's pretty clear that supporting Israel is incompatible with being a good person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Israel have bunker buster bombs, they have absolutely no need to be dropping 2000lb bombs especially in a densely populated area like Gaza. Israel have dropped hundreds of them. To put that into perspective, the US dropped 1, that's one, a single 2000lb bomb in their fight with ISIS.

There has been footage of tunnels claimed to go under or to a hospital, however the footage was cut and edited so the proof was inclusive. Another footage of a tunnel under a cemetery (used as justification for bulldozing the graves) was later geolocated to a completely different area.

Long story short, you don't drop 2000lb bombs on a city unless you want to cause as much death and destruction as possible.

Gilbert was one of two US officials to resign this week over the Biden administration’s Gaza policy. Alexander Smith, a contractor for the US Agency for International Development (USAid), who resigned on Monday, said he was given a choice between resignation and dismissal after preparing a presentation on maternal and child mortality among Palestinians, which was cancelled at the last minute by USAid leadership last week.

Smith, a senior adviser on gender, maternal health, child health and nutrition, chose to resign on Monday after four years at USAid. In his resignation letter to the head of the agency, Samantha Power, he complained about the inconsistencies in USAid’s approach to different countries and humanitarian crises, and the general treatment of Palestinians.

“I cannot do my job in an environment in which specific people cannot be acknowledged as fully human, or where gender and human rights principles apply to some, but not to others, depending on their race,” he wrote.

• Advertisement

I know there are tunnels. Israel helped build some after all. But it doesn't get to be an excuse everytime they have just bombed 30/40/50,+ civilians, nor does they saying hamas was there.

Remember, this is the same military who claimed a fishing hut they bombed was a Hamas compound in 2014 as they scrambled to defend the killing of 4 children. A war crime if ever there was one, but ya know, Israel cleared itself and it's soldiers of any wrong doing there. Quelle suprise.

The same military who have killed children and teenagers with sniper fire aimed at their back.

Israels idf murdered a journalist and then started a riot at the funeral in 2022. Blamed everyone else.

Fact is, the idf have a rich history of lying. Especially when it comes to unlawful killing or when they have monumentally fucked up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭TokTik

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭scottser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

No need to feign shock/surprise, I'm just telling it like it is - I believe you and others of your viewpoint value that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rain Spreading From The West

A 2000lb bomb is the bombs total weight. The ordinary version has roughly 900lb of explosive. The 2000lb "bunker buster" has about 500lb of explosive with the rest of the weight being a heavier thicker casing. Of course this amount of explosive will still do terrible things to people and buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

Fascinating seeing so-called intellectuals like Sam Harris supporting this massacre. Guess he has another book about the clash of civilisations guff he intends write in order line his pockets and titillate the impressionable youth with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I don't pretend anything. Was just a bit surprised by your statement, since boards are about discussion. Some of your posts are a bit too much arrogant, if I'm allowed to say. Reminds me horses with blinkers on, limited view of things.

Well anyway, how does it come you even bothered to react? After your great statement.

Any living hostages should hopefully get back. But. They should be told just how little Netanyahu actually gave a shite about getting them back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I suspect the master has decided it's time to reign the dogs in

"US President Joe Biden has urged Hamas
    to accept a new Israeli proposal to end the conflict in Gaza, saying
    that "it's time for this war to end".

The three-part proposal would begin with a six-week ceasefire in which the
    Israel Defense Forces (IDF) would withdraw from populated areas of Gaza.

There would also be a "surge" of humanitarian aid, as well as an exchange of some hostages for Palestinian prisoners. The deal would eventually lead to a permanent "cessation of hostilities" and a major reconstruction plan for Gaza. Hamas said it views the proposal "positively". "

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cw8860gn1nwo

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-has-offered-ceasefire-and-hostage-proposal-to-hamas-says-biden-13146193

Sky News' Middle East correspondent Alistair Bunkall says he has been told the deal has not been made "with the cooperation of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu".

"Sources close to Mr Netanyahu" have told him they do not "wholly recognise or agree with" the proposal outlined by Mr Biden on Friday.

Pretty bizarre all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

I think if it was your sister or brother getting tortured by Hamas for the crime of going to a music festival or being a Jew, you wouldn't be so flippant.

Every life is worth the same be they Palestinian or Israeli just because you disagree with their politics. I'm really not sure how some of these posts here are not resulting in bans.

In other threads, posters get banned for far less than this kind of outrageous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If it was your kid sister or brother getting beaten, arrested and locked up without trial in an Israeli jail for the crime of being cheeky to an IDF soldier, throwing stones in their direction, walking on a street only Jews are allowed to walk on, playing on the street, or just being a Muslim, then perhaps you wouldn't be so flippant yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/av2bVhJA4QY

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So now would be a good time to remember that no one on this thread supports Hamas or wants Israeli deaths.

And now would be a good time to remember that no one on this thread wants a slow painful death for every single Muslim man, woman and child on the planet as soon as possible, or posts inane one-liners.

Shocked, absolutely shocked there was no condemnation of DarkJagers post just whataboutery about "IDF bad", "think of the children" and "one liners"

The post also failed to start with an essay on how history started on October 7th, and a lengthy statement clarifying whether it "condemns Hamas".

No doubt you are equally shocked at that.

Piers Morgan's new opening line - "Do you condemn Hamas @DarkJager21"

Agreed. A bit sad to resort to it but the ignore facility is available.

Hey its ok I dldn't actually expect you to disagree with a post you agree with.

Throwing in Piers was a cool addition to the whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Major reconstruction plan.

The place has been levelled beyond belief. Too many have died.

Going back to Gaza the way it was and getting on like things are normal is not going to cut it Joe.

To late for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭zerosquared

As I expected the pro HAMAS faction instead of discussing the peace proposal are busy still going around in whataboutery circles because solving this war and stopping the madness is not on cards

Well done to Biden for trying to actually do something again, meanwhile the thread favourite Trump is too busy trying to avoid prison himself

Advertisement