Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling rip off

• 22-05-2024 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Today I bought a 500ml of Coke in Supermacs Loughrea, €2.20 which is higher than most outlets but with refund scheme in place since Feb 1st 2024, I presumed that I was doing the right thing for the world and getting money back for my efforts. Turns out Mr McD is buying the Coke in Poland, Polish lables that I cant understand, obviously by passing the Irish recycling charges by doing so but still charging end user the recycling fee which we cannot get back. Almost 4 months selling Coke since the new scheme came in, surely the old stock has been used up by now.

Issue also with retail products being sold in this country with ingredients etc in a foriegn language.

Any idea who is responsible for checking out if this is a con job please?

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement