Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Disgrace will be said 17 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rawr

The "Witchhunt" stuff was always there as a function for this very situation of Trump being actually found guilty of something. Same goes for the "Election Fraud" thing that he had ready before even the vote itself in 2020.

It's used because he and his supporters (I'm including the "centrists" here in this) know damned well that Donnie is guilty of all kinds of things. They simply don't want to do that adult thing, and own up to an error. In Trump World you don't have to be wrong, so long as you have some weasel words to paper-over an uncomfortable truth.

• He didn't lose an election, it's election fraud
    • He isn't a rapist, he got charged with assault
    • He's not a complete failure, but a successful business man
    • The insurectionists were not terrorists, they were peaceful tourists
    • He's not a self-centered sociopath with the maturity of a child, he's a president with policies
    • He's not being found guilty of crimes he comitted, it's all a witchhunt

This is all to shield Trump, and anyone broken, stupid or morally bankrupt enough to subscribe fully to the nakedly facist enterprise of this man to agrandise & protect himself from justice, for life, by giving the fates & liberites of the entire American nation, to it's very worst people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dm me hun xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Field east

when Trump is normally going from A to B - especially when going to or from an important event- he lets his supporters know. Eg Anyone remember when he finally left the Whitehouse to go ‘home ‘ to Mar A Lagro the crowds lined the streets re his homecoming. Likewise during his various appearances during his canvassing re the last election - flag waving crowds again. His inauguration - again A VERY BIG CROWD turned up again.

BUT when Trump left the court - with his 8+ car motorcade - after the announcement of the verdict , ONLY a SPATTERING OF A CROWD - almost single file with about 10 flag wavers turned up. The almost single file was a max of 200 yards long. IMO, this turnout does not augur well for Trump.

The whole nation knew that he was due to leave court yesterday but THE MAGA CROWD decided to stay away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Detritus70

So much weaselling and snivelling excuses, so much for The Party of Law and Order.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The "Crowds" just aren't there anymore , despite what he tries to claim.

They tried to say that 25k came out to see him in New Jersey last week.

25k , in a park with a max capacity of 5k, where they only sought a licence for 3.5k people and where drone footage of the event when Trump was onstage showed a crowd of at most~1000 (and that's being generous).

And virtually all of them were the nutters that follow him around the country attending all his rallies

Retirees living off the social security and medicare coverage his party want to gut.

It's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Im really looking forward to the judgement.

I'm beginning to think he may see a custodial sentence, and I hope when Merchan is delivering his verdict, he is able to plainly state something along the lines of, "Ordinarily, this would be a fine and probation for your first offence, in a non-violent crime. However, it is solely down to your utter lack of remorse, the contempt you have shown the justice system and in particular, this court by breaking a gag order 10 times as well as stating that the court is corrupt that I hereby sentence you to 4 years imprisonment for the felony charge of fraud. I want to make this clear, Mr. Trump. To you and your supporters, that in the eyes of the law, all persons are created equal. And all must respect the law of the land, where you have shown nothing but a flagrant disregard."

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭scottser

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's incredible that such a simple thing to can't be gasped by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,970 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

okay your first offense is probation

Now about the other 33 charges…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

IMDB today: "Godfather pt. II, 1/10 A load of woke nonsense for lib soyboys."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

The right in the US are consistently on about the woke left.

Given the usual excuses for Trump from the Republicans, and hoe they do anything for the dear leader, can we now just really give them a proper title; the cuck right*. They let Trump do what he wants and just sit back and let it happen and get off on it.

Cucks, that's what they are. The woke left and the cuck right. Sound about right.

*Given the amount of pastors/ministers/celebrity preacher types in the US, the very people fuelling the religious rhetoric, that have been caught sharing their wives with other men in recent years, it also seem very apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭combat14

robert f. kennedy take on trump verdict essentially accuses biden of election interference

"The Democratic Party's strategy is to beat President Trump in the courtroom rather than the ballot box. This will backfire in November. Even worse, it is profoundly undemocratic.

America deserves a President who can win at the ballot box without compromising our government’s separation of powers or weaponizing the courts. You can’t save democracy by destroying it first.

The Democrats are afraid they will lose in the voting booth, so instead they go after President Trump in the courtroom.

I’m also running against President Trump in this election. The difference is I’m challenging him on his record. His lockdowns during Covid. His atrocious environmental record. His cozy relationship with corporate America. His support for the war machine. His failure to root out waste and corruption in Washington. His service to the billionaire class. His bloating of the national debt. These are the issues that shape American lives.

I'll challenge him on these things, but the Democrats won't. You know why? Because they pursue the very same policies."

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Is Paddy Power taking bets on how long it takes him to sack his latest legal team? Is he stuck with them on any future cases or is he free to change? The quality of legal representation has and will be dropping in quality with every loss in court and change of counsel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Is Robert F Kennedy in favour of scrapping campaign finance laws?

If so, he should just come out in say it.

What does he think should happen to people who breach those rules?

Or he is just a total hypocrite (among other things such as an anti vax crank)?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Great actor De Niro.

Heat is one of my favourite films, they dont make films like that anymore.

Trump is feeling the Heat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HakunaJuanMata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This sort of argument from Kennedy is utterly ridiculous. "Beating him in the courtroom rather than the ballot box" basically says "Because this man is running for office, we should overlook any criminal offences he may have committed". What sort of precedent does that set then?

Surely to God it's even more important to investigate potential crimes if someone is trying to run for such an important office. Isn't it right for voters to know whether a judge and jury find a person guilty of a crime before they go to the ballot box and cast their vote for them? I cannot for the life of me understand how people are even trying to make this argument.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just shows what a parasite Kennedy truly is. Most of his own family seem to have disowned him at this point.

I don't know what de Niro has to do with anything.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

can’t say I’ve ever seen it

Nor have I seen you defend your kangaroo witch hunt court commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

DeNiro turned up outside the courtroom and started shutting at pro people, he's a muppet ant-vaxxer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pro-people being pro-Trumpers? I know he's an anti-vaxxer. Always struck me as a sad old man's attempt to get attention to be honest.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It shows the lack of integrity, bone-headedness and delusion of a person when they go through more lawyers/legal teams than I have had hot dinners.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There was a clip I saw the other day of Michael Douglas talking about the difference between Biden and Trump and he was saying that If Biden wins in November pretty much every one of his cabinet would accept a request to continue to work under him for a second term.

But for Trump , not a single one of the multitude of people that he churned through in cabinet positions would agree to go within a country mile of a second Trump term.

That tells you a ot about the two men and their ability to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

On that we can agree, Heat is an excellent film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Sky News are now live streaming Trump's latest press conference/stream of hate and bile. This is exactly the sort of thing that news outlets should be careful of. Giving the oxygen thief unlimited air-time plays right into his tiny little hands.

Advertisement