Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm - New schedule coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

the 2FM exits sure has given the station some much needed interest and publicity. there's probably older 2FM listeners finding themselves tuning in again to hear what the fuss is about !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Less than 12 months ago she was with nk. So I doubt she was head of a department as a contractor. So did they give her a permie job to become a department head while they need to cut costs. Contractors should be given the flick and one reading out social media posts especially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Yes and then tuning out again pretty sharpish when they hear how lacklustre the station has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Reading all the posts in here, and the 2 Johnnies thread and the Doireann Garrihy thread has been very interesting. Like it has been mentioned, what people feel should happen next is all over the map.

I am seeing a through-line though… the 'talking' should be reserved for Radio One and the music is 2fm.

What is the music though? Well, a lot of people agree that the youth/chart music seems to be sewn up by the regional youth stations, Spin/Red/Beat etc.

If you look at what Today FM do, it's a mix of 90's, 00's with some 2010's and current sprinkled throughout. It feels like the station are aging with their audience and playing 'the music they love' while 2fm just haven't managed to find a balance. I am 40 and have listened to primetime Today FM pretty regularly for 15 - 20 years now. I feel like it's aging with me and the consistency of presenter line-up is to be admired, although I'll admit I don't listen to Iano.

2fm has been so chaotic in comparison.

I don't really have a suggested solution other than to say a consistent line-up, deciding on a demographic (abandon the youth?) and not trying to be something they're not would help I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There has been plenty of gripes in this thread about not catering for youth but in fairness, the playlist this morning is fairly new and fresh. Plenty Irish artists too, while not delving into the stereotypical Cranberries, Hozier or Dermot Kennedy and roaring 'we're playing new Irish artists' while doing it. I never would have heard any of these on Today FM. One run of tracks was;

CMAT

SZA

Strabe

Peggy Gou

Khakikid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭RoTelly

In fairness you hear CMAT, hear her before she starts singing!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Shan Doras

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Lottie to get the drive time slot with David o Reilly. That’s a shocking pairing for that slot.

Aifric to join the morning slot

My opinion on the bits of heard of David when covering or in slots is he has an opinion and all others are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lottie Ryan and David O Reilly confirmed on VIP magazine Instagram as the replacements for the 2 Johnnies.

Says a lot that it was by them and not 2fm socials. The press release describes them as “the ultimate messers”

gets sick in a bag

• Advertisement

:/ Reading though some of his other post he seems to have missed the elephant in the room. Don't mention Dee!

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I won't listen to 2fm, I stopped after the last schedule. The breakfast show needs to be scrapped, Laura has no personality and we all know Lottie is only on 2fm because of her father. She needs to step outside of his shadow

It seems like a nothing change to be honest. It will be interesting to see if any of this make an impact on 2FM's audience and how they spin it.

I would love to see 2FM reach new heights in this disaster, or just to remain on the same numbers.

Dan Healy should have a masters in spin.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I had 2FM on the car for about 4 hours last Sunday. Some things I noted….

• The on air imaging was almost indecipherable. Shows presenters were dropping other presenter names left right and centre into every link, or playing incorrect liners for shows or playing name liners for presenters who they were filling in for (In one case, to be fair.). Similarly, the afternoon show signed off and namedrops a good six or seven other presenters, all more prominent than the station name. And this an iconic Irish brand.
    • Lazy ass banter for banters sake. Roz and Emma had a link early on; rude Irish place names. Cliched topic granted but amusing, nonetheless, and some listener texts were read out. Two songs later, they were hurrahing a new topic (This time it was festivals.) and text in about it. Two songs later, still reading out placename texts and festival messages and time for another topic, I think it was Roz and her adopt a dog spot. And this on a "music" station.
    • Consistency. Again Roz and Emma. Usually your twin presenters have a lead voice hosting in and out, with the other contributing content in between. I noticed that they didn't adhere to this concept at all. I think Roz actually disappeared for a few links (Not a bad thing, sez you 😁 ).
    • Ads. I know they are a sore topic on other station but of the few of what aired, they didn't exactly jump out of the radio. Which raises a concern; if you don't notice them then should they bother atall?
    • The music I didn't find was a big issue but it was odd to hear a "that was this is" mentality times. Sometimes you miss that simplicity. Maybe that's what they need to look at again; if it works for Spin……

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lottie Ryan hanging around whether anyone wants her for anything or not has paid off....what a joke..3-6pm Monday to Friday, how many mentions of her dad per week?

2FM shakeup: Lottie Ryan and David O’Reilly taking 2 Johnnies slot (for the summer at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Who should have got the slot instead? Any names?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Lottie on drive 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yup 2fm playlist is much, much better than today fm.

2fm's programming after 7pm is also much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭yagan

I've a sibling who was a county hurler, doesn't mean everyone else in the family could.

I used to turn off the 2 johnnies when they had to do their grin and bear it during Lottie, I'll be following them away from 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well isn't that the biggest "f*CK you boards"

Afric joining breakfast isn't that big a surprise. Afric and Carl were a popular pairing on weekends so they already have the chemistry.

Lottie on Drive... Well it's not Fergal D'arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

the 3 presenters announced must be RTE staffers, Bakhurst making use of existing resources which is good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shake up? Shakedown for the taxpayers money more like. Less talent same output. Just now, drive becomes drivel.

😂 Anyone but. There are plenty of people knocking around RTÉ. You could have the job if you wanted, based on that level of talent.

Again nothing against the girl, but she's not ready to be a full time host or co-host.

Good luck to her an everyone on this summer's shake up, I honestly hope they end up with 50k 15 to 25 year old listeners extra, on top of the currently listenership

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Shan Doras

The new schedule reminds me of an Iradio/Beat102103 schedule, basically no " big names" on it at all, Indeed Laura Fox must be the "smallest name presenter"(can't think of another way to describe it) on mid-mornings since Paul Clark in 1982 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would literally take DJ3000 from The Simpsons over her.

She is the most bland and pointless host I literally can think of. Barely capable of doing the celeb gossip slot on a show and is living of her fathers legacy (not that she would mention him at every possible opportunity).

Constant stream of bland stories about her on vip/rsvplive and similar when she literally had a holiday or wants to push some product to people as well, painful individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd take her entertainment slots over Cash Machine shilling any day of the week. If Bauer's "I can't believe it's not gambling" funding model is the best alternative to the licence fee then broadcast Radio is wrecked beyond recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭yagan

She's another tubridy that just hasn't been found out yet.

Pull away the safety blanket of rte and she'd sink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was there a replacement named for Laura Fox at weekends? Their schedule just has the "Weekends on 2FM", where I'm guessing allows them random presenters come through a few weeks here and there.

Advertisement