Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭testtech05

Blade giving out to the ref about the ball which is available right beside him. Completely losing our go forward......

Crazy offload attempt by Cian on the ground too

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Looks like another pitiful whimper of a performance to end the year. It feels like this season has sucked all of the energy out of the fans. So so bad in pretty much all areas of the game. Hard to see where we go from here without a head coach change

Unlucky with the bounce from Cordero kick through there would have been a nice try.

But twice after that really poor by Blade at the base of the ruck. What has happened to him this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Cian not giving the ball back to Sam after that last scrum penalty. 😁

Blade didn't even bother chasing back after Milne there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

at least Wilkins is having a bit of craic!

Thats the 2nd high shot Blade has had.

Great try but looked like a forward pass to Jennings in the build up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

The difference from Reilly to Blade is huge Reilly much quicker pass tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Wilkins OUT....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

The sooner this disaster of a season is over the better.

An AIL team would give Leinster a better game.

I wonder how different things might have panned out had we kept Cooney, or even Marmion.

Pushing the chips all in on Carty and Blade has turned out to be quite the poor decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Tommybojangles

This is fine of course. Great work being done in Connacht, blah blah f*cking blah. At least that's the end of it for a while.

Never thought I'd see the day id sit through 2 interpros without so much as raising my voice once, but that's the feeling around connacht this year, no fight, just inevitable freewheeling to defeat, no one particularly bothered because sure no one will be accountable anyway

Slightly better in the 2nd half but feels like a lot of that might hav been down to Leinster pulling the handbrake......

Reilly definitely helped us in possession when he came on sped up the breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Daly has looked better at 10 than Jack has in a while

• Subscribers Posts: 41,469 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Cordero and Cian have been very good. O Reilly good.

Everyone else has been poor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭StevenToast

A pathetic end to a pathetic season.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

There's a lot of lads in green, and a coaching ticket in the stands, that have no business in being involved in professional rugby based on what we've seen in 2024. Absolutely robbing a living some of them.

• Advertisement

Sam Prendergast could and probably should be having 2nd thoughts about joining us watching us this season.

It will be a test of character for him if he does decide to move as it will be a very different experience playing on the back foot a lot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dockysher

Hacksaw played well and is improving and still young. Jennings could be v good. Cian already is v good.

Rest were muck and need big changes.

Coaching has lot to answer for tho.

Daly was as bad as carty on da kicks Wen came on, clearing our lines has been a disaster all season, along with the line outs and nothing seems to change game to game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

The coaches are woeful but the players deserve a huge amount of criticism too. Some absolutely gutless showings since the win away to Sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ShineyShiney

And if I was the other Prendergast I'd be on to my agent ASAP one way ticket out of here please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Don't be happy it's over, be sad it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Strand1970

Look at the stats for both scrum half's for the season, Kieran has nor missed '1" pass and Cooney is neR top for % on kicking where as we got well a distance 3rd best. Both our starting half's are at best AIL standard now, you cant win any professional rugby game with bog standard 9 and 10's and thats exactly what we have 2 duds. They were good in the past but now bog standard. Just do delusional with the management of connacht now. Seems jobs for the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Strand1970

If Jack had left maybe a few years ago with decent coaching he could have developed and could in contention for the irish squad bur I honestly reckon its not the players but the setup. Connacht just seems to be like the HSE, no one is accountable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Rumours today don't seem as positive on Sam Prendergast. We'll wait and see but the whole stench of desperation off this tells its own story.

I'm just glad we aren't playing for the next 3 months. As poor as this season has been, the more frustrating thing is we are clearly going to waste at least another season going through the process of proving that Wilkins is not the man to bring Connacht forward. The next coach is going to have to pick up the pieces of a demoralised and leaderless group in a barren stadium.

We have some good players in this squad but we'll be struggling to hold onto any player of quality if we let this continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht don’t get nearly the same coverage as Leinster/Munster when things are going badly obviously but make no mistake the IRFU are sleep walking into a problem here. They have a new stadium on the way in Galway and if this continues into next season which it probably will then Connacht will be playing in front of three men and a dog in the redeveloped Sportsground. Have heard a lot of people debating about renewing their season tickets. They might do OK the first year purely out of novelty with the new ground but it won’t last long unless the product on the field improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ShineyShiney

I'm glad the seasons over, hope all the lads have a great off season.

Having listened to Wilkins politician his way through an hour long Interview with Master of None during the week, I came away with the feeling that he's a nice man, the players probably like him, he seems like he's fair to them and explains his selections. All good human characteristics but pro sport is about results

Advertisement