Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭lau1247

793 kwh so far for May with a few hours left (Here's hoping it hit 800 kwh). Works out averaging 25.5 kwh per day.

Compared to April's 678 kwh, it is working well.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Nahh, nothing like promised. I'll get 30+ kWh, but we were supposedly getting mid 40's kWh (on my 6.5Kwp)

Still at, for the moment, €0.24/kwh that's €7 or so to put in the piggy bank - but yeah, disappointing as I was hoping to see record breaking numbers. Met Eireann you lied to us :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Solid

P.S. that % is bollocks. Should read 96% green.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

52. 8kw system. Dragged May out of the gutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Not too shabby.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

May 2024: 465 KWh generated

May 2023: 610 KWh generated

Not great. Hoping for a far better June, July and August than last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,633 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Finally got the ton. Production was under 80kWh. Net profit for the day €25.

Do you ever get a bill? or are you always in credit?

I only started with Pinergy in September and they use a level pay system, so paid them €330 per month for the first 2 months. But they have refunded all of that and the rest. Over the year they pay me, roughly as much as my gas bill costs. So my total bill for the year for heating my house, heating my water, driving 2-3 EVs, all my electricity and a bit of crypto mining is about…….zero 😁

Family of 5 with 3 teenage / young adult children living in a modest 3 bed semi in a housing estate in Lucan

What size system in total?

Fair play for the net zero costs! You must have the house almost airtight

• Advertisement

Not at all, the house is poorly insulated, I don't even have cavity walls. So there is very little I could do apart from decent attic insulation and a new front door (I can't afford new windows, an air to water heat pump system or external wall insulation). It was cheaply built in early 2000. A typical corners cut cheap starter home.

I do have PV panels everywhere though and a very large home battery. The reason my bill is so good is that I can charge up my home battery with 5c / kWh and immediately sell back to the grid for 25c / kWh. All the other electricity I use (for my cars and for the house) is also bought at this super cheap rate and all my PV is exported to the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭curioustony

This strategy is all about the battery. Even without the ability to dump battery to the grid, and a large PV array, getting above 90% at the cheap rate is doable. Using the standard load profile, and an annual usage of 4200 kWh

No battery is 10.7% cheap rate. 10.9kWh with scheduled charging gets to 79.7%, and 21.8 gets to 96.7% cheap electricity

Not zero, but if you are prepared to gamble on the longevity of big differentials in time of use prices, this obviously works.

Add the other bits, and you are going to be able to shift strategy based on the prevailing market. @unkel is dreaming of flexible tariffs.

Wish I had the cash to follow suit, or the guts to go diy on the battery.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

@curioustony - have a look at the DIY battery build thread on this forum. People with 2 left hands have built batteries because of it and with the help from forum members!

And yes, flexible tariffs would make me serious money, I am all setup for it already. Sure I am dreaming of them, but they are an inevitability, have been there for years in other markets. Ireland is a good bit behind, as usual.

Cracking day to start June off on the right track

@unkel I do follow those DIY battery threads here. Definitely easier now than it was 2 years ago. But it gets a bit more complicated with an existing install, that I'm very happy with.

I reckon a DIY battery with A2A HP would put a big dent in my kerosene spend, but that could not be grid tied. Unless I swapped out...

You'd want it grid tied. I see that you have a 10.9kWh battery in your sig, you probably invested heavily into it. Wouldn't make a lot of financial sense to sell that now at a big loss and then build your own battery.

You don't have a lot of panels though, I presume a detached home in Roscommon? I would concentrate on getting more panels first, presuming you have a smart meter and get paid for exporting

@unkel exactly. Anything extra I add in summer would go straight to FIT, and in winter simply reduce my bill. Repayment is related directly to FIT.

The is space there to nearly double what I have, and the inverter can take it. But until I need to increase my electricity consumption, I cannot justify it. Maybe when an EV replaces the diesel that owes me nothing and keeps plodding along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

1067 kwh for May. Here's hoping June is better. 9.1 kw ground mount system

You don't get extra panels for self use. Or for diverting to your hot water, or for charging your EVs. You get them purely for the feed in tariff!

To give you an example. A 400W panel at trade prices costs €40 + VAT. In Ireland, facing south, it makes €100 per year in FIT. Obviously there are the costs of installing it. But you get the idea about pay back time, it is insanely good in Ireland. Get those extra panels ASAP 😀

June off to a cracking start. Sunny south east living up to it's name today.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Great start to June.

☀️

• Advertisement

Where are you getting 400w panels for 40 quid?

☀️

Trade price from one of the biggest Irish wholesalers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It's incredible how much they've dropped in price.

☀️

It is the clearance section, but plenty of availability

As Tony Seba predicted a few years ago (and of course he would turn out to be right again), solar panels are now cheaper for use as structural building material than plywood. Think using it for fences, to build sheds, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Eleusis

Its a viable option to clad your house in solar panels instead of wood or composite. I have a mate who has just done this and it's works well.

Nice one. Any pics?

If I had land and I had to put up a boundary wall, I would most likely use solar panels as fencing panels too.

And it's waterproof, well quite resistant 😂

Plywood isn't.

• Advertisement

Advertisement