Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options
1109110111112113115»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭carsfan2

same spec 330e touring I bought in 2021 for 60k is coming in at 78k on the configurator now.

That’s some price inflation !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Discounts by another name….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

For me, every second ad on Facebook is that or the i5 with 6k off for last few months now.

Also giving 3.9% I see in addition.

yeah I’ve been seeing those ads for months, all from that Wexford dealer but I assume the discount is available at all dealers.

Looking at the new price thought there much better value in a one year old car if you can find a spec you like

• Advertisement

@Bazz26, I saw on another thread you took the plunge and bought an i4.

Well wear. How are you finding it so far?

Did you get a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, found a well speced 2022 edrive40 in Portimao Blue over a month ago. Prices have dropped a good bit on them now and got a favourable trade-in price on my old car so took the plunge.

Was waiting for a M50 but there is still about 8k difference in price even on 2 year old examples so it was hard to justify that money when the 40 is still good to drive, has plenty of power and has a bit extra range.

Back in the office a few days a week now and have free charging there at present so only really charging it around once or twice a week. Don't let it go below 20% and only charge it to 85% which gives me around 380km of range. I don't do many very long trips so thankfully haven't had to rely on the public charging network yet. So far it's working out fine for me and the plan is to keep it for a few years so time will tell how things fair out.

Just make sure to let it go lower every now and again and to charge it to 100% every now and again to balance the cells.

Advertisement