Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question Thread

Options
  • 01-06-2024 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I'm taking this idea from motorsport forum I use. This is the place to ask random questions about any subject, that do not warrant their own thread. Despite the title, please keep the phrase "no stupid questions, only stupid answers" in mind:)

Here's mine, it concerns where one is born. I recently, for the first time, had a close look at my birth cert. I always say I'm born in X place, but found that the actual hospital is some distance away. So, say I was born in Holles St hospital, and then brought back to my parent's home in say Trim Co Meath, would I say I'm born in Dublin, or Trim?

And related, often in documentaries about famous people, they will be standing outside some house and say this is where Jimmy Star was born. Do they literally mean he was born in that house, on the kitchen table :) or that's where his parents lived when he was born?

Comments

Advertisement