Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel Car For Sister

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Young one in work bought a 2014 Focus recently for under 6 grand I think, 1.6 diesel. Not massive spec or anything but it's a good straight car with about 140k Kms.

The talk of 11.5k for 10 year olds is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

I tried to get her to buy private but she thinks that's dodgy lol.

To be honest, won't find much cheaper, there's 8500 and 9500 on donedeal, 2 cars and that's it, with around 80,000 kms, maybe she'll get it for 9500 and she can put the car through the NCT herself lol.

You know what really bugs me on donedeal and it's happening a lot more now. People putting in 160 instead of 160,000 to get passed the filters, bugs the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭User1998

Set the minimum mileage to 1,000km and that will sort it

Update

I found a lovely 1.6 Diesel i30 for the Sister, 60,000 miles, u.k import, was in the u.k 2 years before finding it's way over here and it was in excellent condition inside and out, cracking car, drives really well and it's a 2015, around 100 euro shy of 10k.

i saw the add on carzone over the weekend, did the car check, went to look at it myself and put a deposit on it, sister went to look at it that saturday and loved it.

this is around 2 weeks ago so it was going on that long, she had my head melted.

there's some cracking cars out there though petrol she wouldn't look at, a lovely fabia 1.2 tsi for 6 K she didn't really like it.

have to say, i'll never pay more than 10-12 k for a car myself ever again, i bought 3 electric cars on PcP from 2015 and finished that when I gave the last Ev back to the finance company under the half rule, never again will I pay so much for a car, any car, the amount of tax alone is shocking, then all the modern tech that i couldn't be bothered with that i wish was optional isn't so they can justify the high cost, there's no money in making cheap cars which is why they want to make only expensive high tech suv.

Advertisement