Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booze Deals (NIRL Edition)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Sono

Thanks Seve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

wouldn’t accept the screen shot of card number manually in enniskillen there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I used the clubcard that was posted on page 2 of this thread in Tesco Banbridge today. Worked with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Having a 'legit' Clubcard on the app is problematic too, if you have not used it in a few weeks it sometimes asks you to enter 4 digits of the card for security reasons. There's also regular updates to the app which after about 4-5 it kills off the old versions. Always best to double check the app before making the journey, have been nearly stung a few times. I manually download the latest apk file and instal from that.

Tesco currently selling 18x440ml of Carling for £12 with Clubcard until 15th July, all the cans have the deposit return logo on them so qualify for a €2.70 'rebate' for every pack when you put the cans in a reverse vending machine down south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

it was till worker wouldn’t allow it,

M

Heineken 15x440ml back at 2 for £22 in Sainsburys until 14th July. Also includes 15x440ml Budweiser. No Nectar card needed to avail of the offer.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/heinekenbeer/heineken-lager-15x440ml

same for me in Enniskillen . Would not accept screen shots, even tho the till recognised the card. I asked the person behind me to use their card. The one on the till was raging. I told her it was my wife’s card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have my UK card loaded into my Google wallet. Worked grand the time I used it in Newry but had loads of problems in Banbridge. Might redownload for next trip up. 25% off 6+ wine is on again at the moment according to hot UK deals app

M

Heineken 15x440ml £12 in Tesco from today, slightly more than Sainsburys 2 for £22 at the moment.

• Advertisement

25% off 6 bottles back in Tesco and Sainsbury's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭JVince

Unlikely to be accepted by the machines. The re-turn logo is built into the design of the can, but the barcode is printed during the filling process. Literally a click on a button to change it.

They most likely have a different barcode for NI / UK.

M

They have the Re-Turn logo on them and the same barcode as used down here, I've put them through the machines without any issue. Dual IRL/UK alcohol units on the cans too, I guess they did some deal with Re-Turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Asda doing 18x440 for 12.00 cash price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Carling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Sup08

if you've a screenshot of a card, just use the self scanners..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭championc

Or add the card into the Stocard app

Or Google wallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Silly price on Guinness 12 x 440ml £6.43

https://groceries.asda.com/product/stout/guinness-draught-in-can/1000383183470

Edit: next morning now £17

Post edited by zell12 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭POBox19

Sainsbury’s buy 6 for 25% off wines runs from Monday 19 to Sunday 25 of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Just confirm that the Tesco clubcard on page 2 of this thread is still working as of yesterday in Tesco Banbridge. This was at a regular till with a staff member. No questions asked.

Asda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 redshift-rider

Asda

3 for 23gbp

• Heineken (5%) 10x440ml
    • Kronenbourg (4.6%) 10x440
    • Brooklyn Pilsner (4.6%) 10x440

There's various others in the same promotion. If you bought 3 packs of Heineken it works out at about 1/2 price of buying same qty and abv beer in the South

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/3-for-23/ls94597

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

25% off 6 bottles back in Tesco and Sainsbury's this weekend, Tesco finishes Monday 23rd, Sainsbury's from 21st for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

cheers heading up Monday…..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭zzap64

Asda also has the same deal, now until end of day Sunday 29th Sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭BobMc

heading up in couple weeks to belfast, looks like Asda is simplest no cards needed for discount, any other good bargains to be had? or workaround with clubcards etc

Advertisement