Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Two lads effing useless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

thought it would have been a good fight but looking at wilder in this fight he appears to be finished

He won’t throw the right hand

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Christ this is poor. Wilder is clearly shot but Zhang does nothing either.

Zhang knocked out wilder eventually

Jesus that was poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭megadodge

And hopefully that's the last we see of Wilder.

Thank Fook. Was falling asleep.

Sad end for Wilder but he has nothing left. Zhang will get beaten again soon.

First shot barely barely landed. Second shot clean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭squinn2912

ah that’s that for Wilder. It was always going to happen when aura went he’d be vulnerable. Shadow of himself. I do think 5 years ago he’d coup Zhang. That was too easy. Nothing win.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Zhang vs Ruiz

I think the first shot landed well enough and wilder spun around and looked to the ref cinfused - where did Zhang go - bang

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7sX1qzPdKk/?igsh=MXAwemJoZTJueDg1bw==

I think Joshua would be confident he could beat Zhang but he’s a bit of a who needs em dangerous fighter. He’d fancy Dubois much more but that’s not easy either for him.

If wilder had won then the big money fight was on. I wonder how much regret he feels now that he didn’t make the undisputed fight happen

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GHendrix

Not a great night for the heavyweight division. That’s Wilder done and Hrgovic as a big contender.

Good wins for Dubois and Zhang but doesn’t really do anything positive for the division.

Zhang has no stamina and will be stopped again. Dubois too easy to hit and will be stopped again as well.

when was hrgovic a big contender really ? After the Olympics he hung around not doing much and should have lost to Zhang really, he looked pony against Dempsey and his game plan for dubois was rubbish he just couldn’t cope with the pressure. He is meant to be a heavy puncher but didn’t seem to phase dubois with the 12 clean shots he landed in round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Its hard to see where any of the big lads go from here, Wilder was finished 3 fights ago really and should retire now, Hergovic badly exposed, but even the winners Dubois would be target practice for any of the top guys, way too easy to hit, its been said before but Zhang has no stamina, but for me he's the most dangerous out of the lads on show yesterday, even at 41, he's a heavy puncher and if he lands clean on anyone good chance they're going down, but again its the issue with stamina and at 41 its just too late in the day really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

Was surprised to see Zhang won it in the 5th round 😂

the big boys won’t be around for long - Aj fury and Usyk will be gone in a year or two and that’s when the next era steps up I guess

Parker Dubois could be an interesting battle. Fair play to Dubois he has made himself relevant to the conversation again. Just saw the last round with Hrgovic but he’s always struck me as far too lazy and disinterested. No real killer in him. As has been said he’s been far too inactive. Fighting de moiri says it all

When Hrgovic commits and gives it a proper go, he has pretty good offensive talent. Just too inconsistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭blade1

no when Chisora Whyte and fury are gone the press conferences will be boring

never nearly busy enough I had some hopes for him

Kabayel is a fairly exciting prospect. Keen as

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Will be Joshua v Dubois in Wembley next won't it? I'd prob stick Kabayel v Parker on the undercard.

Hopefully Wilder retires now. Clearly shot to pieces and unable to pull the trigger anymore. Shame really as the heavyweight division is far far better with Wilder at his best in it.

Think we see a lull in the division after next year when I expect Fury Usyk and possibly even Joshua retire. Hopefully someone emerges from the Olympics to get excited about, or someone like Ituma shows they are the real deal.

there will always be plenty to entertain. The likes of Wardley Clarke served up a great spectacle so match ups will always be interesting. The most boring was when the Klits both ruled the roost and there was such a gap to the chasers

I’d love to know what’s happening with Andy ruiz to keep him out of action for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GHendrix

The heavyweight division is so weird in that there are literally no younger contenders coming up that I’m aware of apart from Dubois who is nothing special at all.

Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Joyce, Zhang will all be gone over the next 4 years. Some maybe within a year.

Hard to say what kind of fights we might be getting 3 or 4 years from now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Itauma will be better than Dubois imo. Also got Jalolov who will hopefully be fast tracked up the rankings after the Olympics.

Advertisement