Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Atto3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Over 4 months that's just under 20 hours a month, i.e. 40 minutes a day. The time may include the driving that occurred when the car was transported/prepared at the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭granturismo

Can any owners comment on any defects or annoyances, I saw a video on the BYD reddit forum where the right side steering wheel buttons stopped working. I'm booked in for a test drive and its looking like a strong contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

My only annoyance is the widows misting up other than that it is a great car and very nice to drive.

I have no problems with buttons stopping working on the steering wheel (I seen that on BYD reddit)

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You saw that on BYD Reddit.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think one report of it happening is nothing to worry about. Should be fixed under warranty by BYD. If there was multiple people reporting it though that would be a concern

I paid a deposit on the Atto 3 today. I'm looking for a neat untethered charging option.

Does anyone use an EO Mini or Ohme ePod with the Atto3 and any issues?

I did a quick search and found these installers:

ePower

Fokearn

evpower

Anyone have any recommendation on using/not using these or alternative installers. I'm in Kildare. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I use the EO Mini Pro 2 with the BYD Seal. Only in use for about 5 weeks with about 5 big charging sessions. I have it set on timer using the EO app. It's been grand so far although one night it didn't charge because I didn't push the cable into the charger properly(my fault not the chargers), it needs a good firm push

I have an EO Mini Pro 2 I got installed by Fokearn

no problems apart from the app does not connect the device no matter what I tried.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement

I always wait for the car to bing on the dash. ocd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

I've been using a tethered EO Mini (not pro) for three years, first with Mini SE and more recently an Ioniq 5 and a Fiat 500e. Can't comment how it might work with Atto but has been faultless for me. Cars manage any schedule without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have an EO Mini and got I installed by Fokearn. Very quick and professional. No messing around they just done the job and then left. No idea if it works do lol. I am sure it would but I got it to future proof my house and for when I get an electric car in the future probably a second hand leaf or Zoe or kona.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭whizkid9

I see a lot of Attos/Seals on the road these days. The price of these cars doesn't seem to be exceptionally cheap. Why would anyone prefer BYD over similarly priced VW/Tesla EVs? Any thoughts on this?

My best guess is that BYD is selling these cars way below sticker prices directly to businesses/taxi companies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

the seal has a bigger battery than the m3 rwd highland for similar money. both excellent cars by all accounts. vw's have limited features, dull software and more expensive.

the new id4 may give the atto a run for its money given vw have upped their game with the new model.

however my view is that the early adopters of byd vehicles are a lot more savvy and know when manufacturers are taking the pee and when they offering good value for money.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

As above.

I'm not giving the other lads 65k basic for the basic version of their product . (seal)

most 4 door saloons with these features are coming in around the 70k valuation banana's.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stumper931

I don’t think BYD are selling cars under list price to be honest for now anyway they have enough interest to meet the supply they have but that may change who knows. Why would you consider one over Tesla and legacy brands ? They are better value than most of the legacy stuff and on par with Tesla in my opinion. Tesla has the edge for software and the one place BYD are definitely behind is the MSL €2k delivery charge it’s a joke and their finance rates and pcp rates directly don’t seem to be that competitive or at least they weren’t when looked at a seal a while back. But with price cuts from so many now it has tightened up the market snd given more choices in the BYD price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

The low GMFV and high PCP rate (6.2%) make the monthly payments pretty eye watering for cars that are priced at the lower end of the market.

What edge in SW. With android auto or apple CarPlay. SW concerns don't really exist tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stumper931

I don’t so much mean in the media interface but just cars operating system is slicker and the app works better on the Teslas. Having said that the lack of CarPlay and android auto is a minus so they don’t have it perfected plus no physical buttons. Actually I like Renaults use of android automotive for the cars operating system in the megane and upcoming scenic. CarPlay is still an option on it. Haven’t seen their app though so can’t comment on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Because not only are BYD building and designing there own cars but they also have lots of experience with batteries as that's where they started out from and they make the batteries for there own cars too. . BYD make the best batteries and your phone more than likely has a BYD battery in it as well.

Also VWs and Teslas are dull. At least the BYD cars have a drivers screen. Teslas do not and they do not even have a HUD.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭horse7

New software update v1.6 here now, keep a check on your notifications bell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

So my wife activated an OTA update today - what has changed?

Wireless CarPlay

show your car location on the app

3 fingers use on the touch screen to use the air con, up and down for temp and left and right for fan speed

there is more but can't think of them at the moment

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Thanks Finno. Can location not showing on my app but i have a message saying "Vehicle and BYD privacy statement status is not agreed, can not perform remote operation, please go to the setting".

Anyone know if that is a setting in car or in App? Car is currently with my wife on the other side of the country, but she is driving home tonight.

I got a duplicate order from Topbyd, the first delivery got delayed in Dublin Airport for 3 weeks, they sent a replacement and the original arrived a week after the replacement. They dont want the original shipment back. I have installed all three items on my Att0 3. Collection N Kildare as in ads.

I have them for sale on adverts.ie:

Screen Rotation Kit, €30

https://www.adverts.ie/interiors-parts/byd-atto-3-screen-rotation-kit/33984865

Struts for the bonnet, €10:

https://www.adverts.ie/engine-parts/byd-atto-3-bonnet-gas-struts/33984801

Protective mesh filters for front grill, €10:

https://www.adverts.ie/exterior-parts/byd-atto-3-mesh-front-grill/33984904

Does anyone use a usb stick to play music compilations

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭AUDI20

With the atto3 I can't get the tracks to play in succession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭AUDI20

Have you each artist loaded in separate folders on the USB Stick, you should then get a list of each artist when you go into the USB stick click on that artist and all the songs in that folder should play after each other, if you want another artist you then have to click on that and so on.

Advertisement