Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm - New schedule coming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Shan Doras

Why did the media completely ignore Chris and Ciara's sudden departure ? Why did they ignore RTE paying off Chris Greene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I’d wager the average person wouldn’t know them, let alone care that they’re gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The thing is, most people can read the room about the vibe their boss is giving them and as you said, Lottie was dire in 2011. She had a chance to prove she was more than her surname and she blew it and confirmed her only reason for being there was being Gerry Ryan's daughter. Anyone with some self respect would move on and try different things like so many of her co workers. How does she pass herself when all these people have a leaving do, what could she say?? Oh all the best but I'm not moving on I'll stay here and rot. It's cringey!

For the people who say I'm singling her out of course I am her surname added weight for her to prove herself. She hasn't. And her staying in the job to be pushed around different awkward shifts is 100% management saying "just leave". Shame she can't or won't read the room.

They never got any big break at all. When you think back to Ray Foley and JP who got promoted to The lunchtime show on Today FM after just 2 and a half years of hosting the blast at 10 till Midnight, Today FM have always been far better than 2fm of promoting younger presenters, even tho it ended quickly for some like Louise Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

Chris and ciara were just one of a slew of presenters that 2fm dumped without warning a few years ago. Ciara still gets gigs on rte Chris took a case to the wrc which settled. I thought the way healy was doing it was very unfair on the presenters who had built a rapport with their audiences and were just turfed between programmes. There was a lot of generic "weekends on 2fm" slots but eventually he sorted it out and there has been a stable presentation roster for the past 2 years. The only one who went public was Louise mcsharry. I'd say the general feeling at 2fm weekends must have been very low and downbeat, the presenters must have been on "take this or leave it for the queue of others behind you" contracts.

Because of that I had to admit to a certain feeling of joy as healy was roasted over the coals these past few weeks. He was empathic over jen z not leaving (remember bullshit bullshit bullshit?) so he was plainly not in control of recent events at the station which is probably why he has had to put lottie ryan in as a sub for the summer, maybe because of his past behavior the cv's just stopped coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I'd argue that many people don't know any of these people.

What ever about Chris and Ciara, Louis McSharry, Tara Kumar and Stephen Byrne all left in 2022 with little notice. Though Louise did try to say something, if she hadn't I wonder if she'd be back on 2fm. I am surprised that Tara and Stephen were asked back in the emergency!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Has Mo-Kay left 2fm ?

Has Game on made any headway trying to beat Off the ball since it moved to 6pm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Maybe you should reach out to DJ Wax and ask him? I remember asking him where DJ Tando had gone and he told me he had moved to Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

2Fm is supposed to be for the "young listeners"

Lottie since the first day she went on RTE has played the "Dublin southside teenager" role. It didn't work the first day she went on and at this stage she is married, has kids and nearly 40.

She is replacing two guys who are significantly younger than her and if he plan is to continue with the same skit she will crash and burn, I don't think she will change as she seems to think that works. Nobody seems to have told her either that it's time to grow up.

To me this is 2FM with nobody left on bench and nobody really interested in going into RTE now all the "freebies" have stopped. It is also a case that she is highly paid and she has been doing the role an intern should be doing for years now because as you said she has been a disaster onair.

If she fails her RTE will have to sack her, if she is kept any longer on huge wages and not been able to do her job.

2FM in reality should have been shut down when her father died, she could be the final nail in the coffin.

• Advertisement

Demographics are different now compared to the 90s & 00s, Look at BBC Radio 1, the crem Dela crem of youth radio, Greg James, Rickie, Melvin and Charlie, Vick, Katie and Jamie, all of them are more or less the same age as Lottie.

BBC Radio 1 as “crem dela crem of youth radio”? Not sure that’s the case, maybe in the 90s

Demographics are not different or lottie wouldn’t be pushing the Dublin teenager act, a close to 40 year old mother trying to pull it off is the problem 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yeah it's very disturbing hearing her trying to act like a cool 21 Yr old instead of the almost 40 year old woman that she is. I'd say she knows nothing outside of south Dublin as in literally nothing. I wouldn't say she's ever been down to Cork or Waterford. Her whole life is instagram and RSVP magazine and people who are also from south Dublin.

With any luck the bosses will give her the boot and she can get a job in Dealz stacking shelves where her daddy's name means fcuk all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭TheBMG

she’s the showbiz reporter. What are you looking for in a showbiz reporter exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Is she? Where in the name of God did she pick up an accent like she has?

a girl in our office is from Athlone and has the biggest out on South side Dublin accent ever…..she also lives on the North side of Dublin

Some people just need to fake their entire life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Tork

She isn't significantly older than the duo she's replacing. The older Johnny is the same age as her

One reason why people are dismayed at her getting this gig is because of the weird place 2FM finds itself in. Hiring influencers who don't need the station nearly as much as the station needs them isn't a good long-term move. What they need are presenters who see getting a job on 2FM as a career high, not a way to bolster their proper jobs. The financial constraints in RTE are starting to bite and this could mean Dan Healy has to cut his cloth to suit his measure. Even though this pair of "ultimate messers" are starting out as a summer fill-in, you can't rule out the possibility that this is being seen as an audition. If their numbers stay reasonably fine they could be there for a long time yet. We've also seen (Tubridy being a prime example) that you can do well in RTE despite being a limited broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 matrix mick

Ryan Tubridy is a million times better presenter than Lottie Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Tork

While Tubridy is a better presenter than Lottie Ryan (maybe not to the power of a million though!), that's beside the point. Tubs is at best a middling presenter who rose to the top of the RTE tree despite being nowhere nearly as good as his pay or his backers suggested. The same thing may be about to happen again with Lottie Ryan. She has been on the subs bench forever and seems to be a permanent fixture in RTE. If an unofficial recruitment embargo comes in or if 2FM fails to find adequate new faces, she could be there for a while yet. In any other workplace, it'd be baffling. In RTE, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I have no words for this tripe!

They should call his bluff, tell him to transfer the 10 million by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bureau2009

He's threatening to BRING BACK recently departed presenters 😖😖😖

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

When I saw the headline I thought he would be bringing back 2fm talent from years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Call his bluff. Tell him you’ll sell and take the 10 million! It’s all bluff but sell it off, relaunch RTE Radio 2 as a revamped RTE gold and drive on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

And they could play the same 200 songs they play on classic hits! Ooooh thats something to look forward to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

200? I don't think its even that extensive! Painful station to listen to.

Thoughts on the rumours that the station could be privatized?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the man slow or what? He wants to buy the station for €10million to what it seems primarily to bring back the "megastars" that are now fully available for work for any radio station and he owns a radio station already that is almost national that they could work for. 🤔

Advertisement