Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Open 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Musetti wins an 80 minute 2nd set. Well past Djokovic's bedtime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

Novak could struggle from here. He's really not been great at all. If he was playing someone who wasn't as flakey as Musetti I'd be very worried for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's 1.15am in Paris and they're only starting the 3rd set.... who sets these schedules???

Djokovic looking as rattled as I've ever seen him, really hope that Musetti can do it, but I don't think I'll be able to see it out....

Musetti up 4-1 in the 3rd.... they could still be playing when I wake up in the morning by the looks of it l!

But bed calls, I'm gonna hope that Musetti can do it 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭dublin49

Can see Djock winning but Mussetti has been brillant so far.

• Advertisement

Two sets to one to Mussetti. I really.cant see novak winning a five setter. At this stage I'm not sure he'll win another grand slam again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Djokovic down two sets to one, can't see him pulling this one out of the bag.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Musetti currently on track to do what he should've done three years ago. Hopefully he can keep it going!

Sinner will be the new world #1 if Musetti can get over the line. Would be a very popular #1 too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Fifth set decider…

Never doubt Novak and never doubt Musetti to be the flakiest, mentally weakest person on the mens tour. 😂

• Advertisement

Went to bed when it was 2 sets to 1 and 'didn't lose any sleep' over the result :)

Bugger.

Djokovic AND Ruud through.

Glad I didn't stay up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,962 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Alcaraz absolutely ripped Felix Auger Aliassime apart! Very impressive

Sinner off to a disastrous start against Moutet..... I turned it on at 5-0, lost the first 6-2, and he's been broken in the first game of the second set 😳

Not sure if Moutet has pulled any underarm serves yet, but it's a right ding-dong game. Crowd going mad already!

Normal service has resumed.

Jabeur v Gauff in the quarter final - a shame as I'd love to see either win the whole thing (as hard as that is to see with Swiatek in the form she's in)

Paolini gone a set down, I love watching her play, hope she can find her way back….

Looking forward to Navarro v Sabalenka afterwards, Navarro is another one I could watch playing all day long - I suspect she'll be blasted/shrieked off the court, but we can live in hope! (I'll be out playing tennis myself, so will catch up later)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Zverev vs Rune in the night match tonight, real shame they can't both lose.

Djokovic looked to be flying but right leg injury seems to be impacting him, very tough schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cerundolo did his best to choke this set. Now playing superbly to try and to stay with Novak and force a tiebreak.

• Advertisement

Novak is now in 'can't miss' mode.

It still somehow surprises me after seeing it so often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Thia is the old, pissy Djokovic that makes him utterly unlikable.

Other guy isn't slipping. Seems to be him

Cerundolo must not fall into the trap here. Just stay intense.

This 5th set in the Djokovic/Cerundolo is very tight, Cerundolo showing real guts to break back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭dublin49

think Djock roped a dope,all that injury carry on and now running around like a 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Djokovic feigning injury and coming back from the dead? Well I never.

Well feckitinanyways 😤

And poor old Navarro taking an absolute beating by Sabalenka.....

Oh well, Paolini did the business, fair dues to her - I suppose one outta three ain't bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

2 5 setters now back to back for djokovic cant be good. Looking forward to zverev vs rune should be good

• Advertisement

Tempting as it would be to assume Djokovic was feigning the injury, I can't imagine that he would throw 2 sets in the middle of the match just to be convincing. That would be the last thing he would want after a 5 setter finishing at 3am.

I can't see him getting past Ruud. He's gone as far as his fitness can take him.

Post edited by josip on

Advertisement