Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gript-A source of misinformation. **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Firstly, I very much so view the acts of Israel to be genocide. Equally there's a wealth of evidence for the Holocaust so if you're really trying to randomly shoehorn in Holocaust denial, you really are overestimating how wise you are....

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

And there are teenagers on tik Tok shaking their tits with billions of views.

Media plurality is overall a good thing

I sure as **** don't agree with gript on everything but we all know that before gript our mainstream media were all singing from the same sheet.

It isn't McGuirks beliefs that's increasing gripts poularity, it's the fact they are questioning the official narrative.

Top tip.

The winners of war write the history books.

You are not immune to propaganda

Question:

Israel (and Zionist) are continually telling the world bald faced lies, and I'm sure you agree this is true. My question to you is, when do you think they first started?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you denying the holocaust? Straight up question.

Are you going to answer my question? Israel and Zionist are telling blatant lies, everyone agrees.

So when exactly did you start distrusting what they say? Which year or decade even

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You didn't ask me a question, I asked you one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can't answer a simple question. Massive red flag there, honestly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Blindly believing everything that comes from Israel or their foreign media and not thinking critically is a bigger red flag.

I note not a single one of you will answer my question.

Master of the Universe

I'm not surprised someone can go from reading Gript to holocaust denial tbh, seems like a logical step for its readership.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You were asked another question first. Answer that and we'll go from there.

This stinks of holocaust denial to be honest.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

And the end of the day, you need to keep ratchetting up or your base will go elsewhere.

Master of the Universe

The holocaust happened. There's mountains of irrefutable evidence you can reference. There are a quarter of a million Jews left alive who lived through the camps who can still give first hand accounts of what happened to them.

You can literally go and have a look at Auschwitz in person if you need to touch history to believe it.

That's what I thought. Hateful, antisemitic nonsense and nothing else.

I absolutely dispute this but this isn't the thread for it.

OK sure. Just get back to calling everyone racist, never ever examine any of your deeply held misbeliefs, and just cling to the comforting lies of the mainstream media.

Edit: Just to prove my point that you are propagandised and you dont even know it - Jews killed in WW2 were European, only Palestinians are ethnically Semitic.

Anti-semitism is a phrase coined by Jewish Zionists post WW2 to cancel anyone criticizing them for the exact same things you are against them for today!

Congrats on buying into it

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

We seriously need to review the current standard of mental health services in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'd say the conspiracy theories forum is more suitable although I'm not sure if they allow Holocaust denial...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭francois

Congrats on buying into the rabbit hole of holocaust denial.

Master of the Universe

Gript has a Facebook group full of people who happily deny historical events like the holocaust because they are contrarian to anything and everything 'mainstream'.

I would suggest you might fit in a little better over there.

There's no saving you lot. I never denied it happened, I'm saying the agenda pushers in Israel abuse it as cover for their atrocities, both past and present.

Secondly, since everyone here is in agreement that Israel is lying through it's hole - do you think that's a new development?

Master of the Universe

You just said a moment ago that the holocaust death numbers had been inflated.

You're accusing us of all falling for 'mainstream propaganda' all the while being sucked into what can only be described as Neo Nazi propaganda yourself.

• Advertisement

I don't use Facebook thanks. I would suggest not recommending it to people.

As for fitting in, sounds like you are the one who doesn't like your version of history fact checked.

By the same token, is telling the Israelis that Palestinians deaths is genocide "anti-Semitic"?

Master of the Universe

The only people who use phrases like 'your version of history' are conspiracy theory lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

The winners of the war don't write the history books. WW2 is a prime example of that to anyone remotely familiar with the histography of WW2 would be familiar with that. Many surviving German generals accounts of WW2 were taken a face value and only found to wrong later for a whole variety of reasons. Albert Speer would probably have been hanged at Nuremberg had the information we now know about him been available to prosecutors at the time. The vast majority of reasons this has happened is because it takes decades for people to go through the vast amount of information available and new information can become available(ie post Cold War access to Russian archives). When it comes to the Holocaust time has shown even more definitely it happened and the 6 million number was correct.

The fact that the GRIPT even entertains such rubbish tells you a lot the people who run it. The Holocaust is one of the most well documented atrocities in history. Anyone or any organisation that attempts to downplay or deny it happens has zero credibility. An organisation like that has no remote interest in the truth. It's the definition of an organisation that just exists to spread misinformation.

Edit - What Israel does(as bad/indefensible as it current actions are in Palestine) or does not do in the present has no bearing on the factual events of what happened during WW2.

"The winners of the war don't write the history books."

Thanks for putting that in your first sentence so we can completely disregard your opinions from now on.

Would you care to engage with my actual point? WW2 is a perfect example of where the winners don't always write history. Many German generals wrote memoirs and naturally put themselves in the best possible light and it took time for these first hand accounts to be critically analysed. For some things such as on the Eastern front it was only post Cold War historians obtained information that shed a new and unflattering light on this memoirs. A perfect example of losers writing history.

Albert Speer escaped the death penalty largely due to lack of information. During his life he quiet literally wrote his own history. If he hadn't he wouldn't have lived as long as he did. If the winners write history as you are implying Speer would have been executed at Nuremberg. He is a perfect example of a loser writing history even if it was only during his lifetime.

You have at best tried to minimise the Holocaust if not deny it outright. The Holocaust is a historical fact and extremely well documented for a number of reasons one of them being it takes a huge bureaucracy to kill millions and that leaves a huge amount of evidence behind.

The fact that the GRIPT even entertains talk about Holocaust denial on any medium it controls makes it by definition a platform who's purpose it is to spread misinformation. I appreciate the odd fact will be thrown in to give an element of plausible deniability/credibility. However the minute you start talking about Holocaust denial or similar any pre tense to be interested in the truth vanishes.

Nobody is saying that the Holocaust shouldn't be discussed but there's been a few posters over the years thinking that they're clever putting up false claims like this.

Feel free to provide some evidence.

New evidence can come to light but new evidence is very different from pretending evidence doesn't exist. That's what Holocaust denial is, it is the denial of evidence. In Speers case his claim during his lifetime was that he was completely unaware of the Holocaust and had no involvement with it. Since his death it's come to light that wasn't true.

New evidence and denying evidence are not the same thing and you are not comparing like with like. So I'm not being contradictory.

The Holocaust is an established fact, Holocaust denial is the denial of evidence. To say the Holocaust never happened you need to pretend a mountain of evidence from different sources and people was fabricated in a co ordinated way. You are talking about millions of people and documents, nevermind the physical remains of camps, grave sites etc etc. If you are denying the Holocaust you suggesting all that evidence has at best fabricated/a hoax/doesn't exist.

To bring it back to GRIPT if they happy for their platform or platforms they control to be used to discuss fantasy(a world where the Holocaust never happened) it says they are not interested in the truth and only misinformation. Anyone/platform who denies the Holocaust is not interested in the truth. That's not to say GRIPT don't report the truth the odd time when it suits them but it's just window dressings for misinformation. GRIPTs acceptance/tolerance of Holocaust denial is a perfect example of where they really stand when it comes to being truthful. Again if they were really interested in the truth they wouldn't be platforming Holocaust denial or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Sunjava

I just read back over the thread to see where the Holocaust discussion began…Purifl0 doesn't deny the holocaust yet he is being accused of holocaust denial because he questions some of the details.

Oh FFS. Its a phrase. You don't take it literally anymore, as books aren't the primary medium to get the official message across. Why do you think the US is so adamant to censor TikTok and bytedance. Simple because they cannot control the message on that platform unlike youtube, wikipedia etc etc.

I'll give you a less controversial example than "the holocaust" - in quotes because there were several in the 20th century but because the winners have Hollywood its the only one you think of.

Argo is a movie that millions have watched and depicts the evacuation of the US embassy in Iran and of course the good guys in the movie (the frickin CIA), were denied safe harbour by their allies in the British embassy and had fend for themselves….Now those events were from half a century ago and yet in reality the Brits did actually help them and so upon seeing the movie officially complained about it.

But its too late because millions of people will never know that. Their knowledge will be from the movie alone and that's now their accepted historical reality.

I'll go one better. Those books you mentioned. If they ever become controversial (read damaging) Google et al will blacklist and de-index them from searches. And then it doesn't matter if they were written in stone by Moses himself, if no one can read them.

And then if you try to show people this, they will call you a conspiracy nut 🤡🌎

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

'Holocaust denial is any attempt to negate the established facts of the Nazi genocide of European Jews. Holocaust denial and distortion are forms of antisemitism, prejudice against or hatred of Jews. Holocaust denial and distortion generally claim that the Holocaust was invented or exaggerated by Jews as part of a plot to advance Jewish interests.'

Pretty much exactly what Purifl0 was attempting to do.

Advertisement