Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah thanks,so no such thing as them holding a car in stock then?(I think I know the answer!😳).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nope. I’d you don’t take it, they give it to the next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, have had it pinned for ages. It just switches between the three options now.

And your using the same card or phone key?

Do a 2 button reset and see if that helps. I drove a 3 and a Y today, both on the new software and no issues like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheOracle77

Was considering a Model 3 and have been doing the figures. Looks like the PCP and lease calculator is reflecting old pricing the last couple of days? Taking the base model as an example 42107 on the road price today. Was 38607 last week. Was wondering why it had gone up 50 euro! And the discrepancy last week if Finance Ireland are on old pricing

• Advertisement

Seemly FI have the old pricing so you have to contact them to edit the new lower price and it will be reflected in the paperwork.

That’s what people were saying on EV Facebook page anyhow.

I know but the Tesla website has it too but only the last couple of days for the PCP and Lease products?

The wrong price has been on the lease and HP one since the price change. Seen people talking about it on FB and that’s what they were saying.

You could just pick the cash option and sort your own loan out.

It was briefly correct I think but I didn't realise it was a known issue. Cheers Gumbo. An AIB Green loan or similar seems a better option anyway. Probably deterring potential buyers though

I’m only passing on what I read so don’t take it as gospel. I would never have noticed the HP/PCP side of the house unless others don’t post about it.

I’ll try root out the post and see what the outcome was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

AIB option better as the ownership of the car is with you from the start unlike HP.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

This is what I was told by Finance Ireland on the phone last week. Tesla said the pricing for HP/PCP will always be correct on their website and Finance Ireland agreed that was correct and their figures should always match Tesla's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭pah

What's the AIB green loan rate? Getting 4.9% from my credit union 😊

Looks like I'm being offered 6.4% from AIB green loan.

The discrepancy on the Finance calculator on the Tesla website is that the SEAI grant is not applied to the the calculations. 42107 - 38607 = 3500. Not old pricing. Face palm! Tesla rep said he had already raised it with his supervisor and that if you went ahead went order as a private buyer, the grant would apply obviously. As people have said, better options out there. Wish my CU did a 4.9 % loan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭creedp

I've only used the scheduled departure once before and it seemed to work OK with departure time set for 9.30am and night rate ending at 9am. Tried it again this evening and noticed the zappi was constantly cycling on/off and so was the car screen. So I cancelled the scheduled departure seting and went back to scheduled charge and all was fine again.

I need to add 25% to fully charge as heading on a trip tomorrow so unless I can resolve I'll schedule a charge to start about 4 hours prior to departure and that should have it close to 100% before I head off

I can't understand why it's so bloody complicated. Why can I just set a departure time and the car can use its big brain to work out when it needs to start charging🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Tints for exterior lights arrived a few days ago. Decided to install them. The back went on fine. Needed minor trimming and babying to get on and stay on, but overall happy out.

The headlights were a different story. They just would not settle. Maybe with a bit of heat, it might have been possible, but the film wouldn't conform to the curves of the headlight. It was getting dark, so left them off. Might see if there is a better product for the headlights. They would have looked great had the film worked out.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002636230694.html

I didn't install these myself but the guy doing my PPF did them and they're holding up fine after 9 months

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got those last year, you will need heat (I used a heatgun) to get it to conform and there is a crease or two left but worth the effort, I'll take a photo later if I remember

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I had a crappy time of it tbh. I was building a solar battery over the weekend and a cell terminal sheared off.

I started the tinting later in the evening and installed the outer ones backwards, only realising when the bootlid ones were shiny and the outer ones were matt (which looked better 😁). So I redid those fast enough and got them looking great after some trimming of the edges with a razor blade.

The front ones….I should have left for another day. I suspected it would need heat, but I pressed on anyway. After getting a crease in the film, I was done. I have a partial refund on the way from Ali, so I will go again at some stage on a hot day with a hair dryer.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Stone flung up by a passing lorry hit the windscreen, the cracks are about 1" in length total. Has anybody got something like this repaired? would it be a complete windscreen replacement / did you have to get the cameras recalibrated?

First time for this to happen, i checked the insurance policy and i think I'm covered so I'll give them a call tomorrow - just want to be informed when i call them just in case the send me to a local windscreen replacement place and they wouldn't be able to recalibrate cameras (if needed)…

what's the general process for this? 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

General process is ring your insurer first, they will assign a windscreen replacement company to you which should be local to you. I had a replacement on an Ioniq 6 two months ago all done through Aviva. I was told though that recalibration of cameras by the manufacturer had to be done immediately after windscreen install or my insurance wasn't valid. The windscreen replacement company dealt directly with the manufacturer and was paid by Aviva, so I wasn't out of pocket.

Your insurer might have a specific section on their website to guide you through this.

Appears that the breakdown of PCP and Hire Purchase price on Tesla website for Model 3 is completely different again for some reason. Appearing €70 more per month than it was last month when we ordered yet the breakdown of the total price and APR appear to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JOL1

Camera recalibration is usually automatic and just requires that you drive using autopilot for a certain time. However following windscreen replacement you may wish to trigger this process (see below).

https://service.tesla.com/docs/Public/diy/modely/en_us/GUID-D6F7D1BC-193D-4A2E-99B0-E3BA3D41BDE2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Is that to recreate a W124/210 diesel Merc headlamp look that they tend to have when they have 500k or more on the clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

The windscreen on my M3 was cracked beyond repair last year. The repair company assigned by my insurer gave a long lead time to get a replacement and quoted a price of more than €1,000. I contacted Tesla in Sandyford and they were able to do it cheaper (€800ish I think) and within just a few days. I went with Tesla and my insurer agreed to pay the full contribution as their company would take so long. I don’t recall Tesla making any comments about camera calibration but then the new screen was an original item so maybe there is no change to the dynamics.

Tesla recalibrate after windscreen replacement

Stay Free

I remember a lad on a UK forum waiting months for a new screen, I'd be checking out lead times big time as it sounds like these are not held in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Of all the things that manufacturers should stock screens are probably up the top of those lists.

Alot of it must be bought by 3rd parties perhaps.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Tesla are poor stock holders, nothing held at SC level so all comes by road from Netherlands and if they don't have it you are waiting a long time for the slow boat from China

Advertisement