Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile changing from 30 to 28 days plan renewal

Options
  • 09-05-2024 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Got text message from Lyca informing me that they're changing their T&C, going to 28 day cycle from 1st June.

Just wondering where that leaves anyone with a 12 month prepaid long-term SIM?

What if someone buys 12 months now before that deadline...website still states 30 days.

E.g. currently one can buy the "unlimited" discounted plan for 12 months for €110

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MobileTester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

And on the home page it still says 30 days

Obviously in a state it flux!

It is confirmed now on their website. All cycles changed to 28 days. I am wondered when you buy long term offer for ex "6 months for €41" is it real 6 months or 6 x 28 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Have they improved their data speed? Tried them 2 years ago but slow speeds constantly along with dropped calls

Have used them the past 11 months and worked fine for me. Streaming radio, music, bit of gaming, Gmail etc. Nothing overly intensive, but a good mixture of everyday activities.

It's 5G and would seem to be similar enough to 48 or Three, albeit no WiFi calling which you get with Three (but not 48).

However it does come with an additional allowance for 100 minutes per month for international calling to 31 countries including the UK, so perhaps that could be useful to some.

• Advertisement

Have you chaecked if UK Roaming is covered in free allowances as EU roaming or do you have to pay extra for UK roaming?

I thought all networks roam free in UK and vice versa, like a reciprocal agreement?

The UK is not listed under EU Roaming on their website

EU/EEA Countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden.

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-within-eu-and-eea-countries/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PH0NER

Lyca does roam for free in the UK. I go to NI every month and can roam without issue. Sometimes I need to manually connect to O2 or Three to get it to kick in, but it’s free

Do you know is it the same equivalent of data to use within the UK as for EU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 PH0NER

yes, it depletes my EU roaming allotment when I use data in the UK

Currently that's the case for all networks... as far as I'm aware anyhow.

UK networks likewise can roam here in Ireland. Although whether we're a "special case" for UK networks compared to the rest of the EU I'm not sure.

Advertisement