Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Cool, hopefully that will stop some of the moaning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

il definitely give it a go next year based on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CorkScot

James Heather a decent shout for an early afternoon slot? Session IPA in hand and some soothing piano sounds like a plan to me. Really like the tracks I've heard from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Landers11

When are the set times usually released? Do they have an app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can a mod change the dates in thread title it always keeps throwing me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They use a generic app for events called Woov. Think the times were a week or so in advance. Event is on the app at the moment, but no info yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Parcels are on the the playlist for Spotify.

Just a mistake I'm guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Anyone know how they manage the day tickets vs the weekend camping tickets? I have to catch a flight Sunday morning so I'd be leaving late Saturday (and not drinking on Sat as I'd have to drive). I have friends there camping for the weekend, but I assume they wouldn't let me into the campsite Friday evening with a Sat ticket, as I could just stay for the whole weekeend then. Was trying to avoid payoing for a whole weekend ticket.

They surely won't let you past wristbanding on Friday with a Saturday only ticket, let alone into the camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CorkScot

From memory last year it was the Monday or Tuesday before the festival that the stage times came out. They released details of app around the same time I think.

• Advertisement

The app wasn't great last year practically no WiFi onsite either which didn't help the app functionality.

Clashfinder is best for timetabling, you can save a specific festival to your phone homescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

hey lads, just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a private hire for a mini bus from galway cathedral to the festival?

i’ve emailed a couple of services to see what kind of price it would be if there’s maybe 14-16 people interested.

such a nuisance that there’s no direct bus from galway to the festival.

anyways can’t wait to be in a big field listening to music with a can in the hand. jungle, jessie ware, orbital and kelly lee owens are my must see’s. kelly lee owens blew me away with her set at b&s.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

First time heading this year after many June weekends at Body & Soul. Looking forward to somewhere new.

Don’t suppose anyone has any photos of the menus at the bars last year? Or remembers if there was a stout on draught?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There was a stout but it is looking like it won't be White Hag this time around. Bulmers (C&C) is listed as a partner on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Assume that means Five Lamps will be the lager. For me it’s the worst possible lager at a festival. Hopefully they do San Miguel. Can’t for the life of me remember if Bulmers normally offer a stout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭rubick

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Has anyone been to a Romy gig before / seen her at a festival?

I'm just listening to her Boiler Room set and it's pushed her up to the top of my must see list.
    I like her solo stuff anyway but if her sets are similar to the Boiler Room one then it's definitely unmissable for me.

Now wondering if her set would be her solo stuff which is a bit tamer or will it be this kinda thing -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Im sure she'll be playing live so it'll be here own tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭boomdocker

expect it will be more like this, she's in the middle of her 'Mid Air' tour

Will be a party either way…:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Having had my head wrecked by the "wrong dates in the thread title" issue for all of the run-up to the 2023 festival, I'm now done with my anger and even acceptance stages on this one, and am on into full-on embracing - it's part of the thread's history and character!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Road testing a new tent and cooler atm with BTP playlist in background.

Be lovely to get a bit of this weather for it 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I notice Kruder & Dorfmeister and Thievery Corporation are on the same day, hopefully not clashing with each other, it would be perfect with K&D opening for TC and then the live band show with them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EndaGeorge

This will be my first festival for several years. Was unable to convince any of the buddies to go for the full weekend so will be flying solo. Will be the first time I've gone to a festival on my own but the comments here on the crowd friendliness and overall experience have convinced me not to sell my ticket. Really looking forward to it now.

Artists that I'm most interested in checking out are Rival Consoles, Richie Hawtin, James Holden, Mount Kimbie. Last year was probably a better year musically for me but there's enough variety this year to keep me interested I'm sure.

I'll be driving up from Ennis so if anyone in the Clare, Limerick area wants a lift, feel free to hit me up on here. See you all in 3 weeks.😎

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭crl84

Craaaaacking. Yes please! Very much looking forward to her set.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Van Doozy

❄️ I'm pleased to announce that TurboChillers will be back at Beyond the Pale this year!! ❄️

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EndaGeorge

Cool😀 How much you charging for the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I see Jungle are headlining the West Holts stage at Glastonbury the Friday after BTP, and Jessie Ware the Saturday

Hopefully we'll get the same sets as they intend to play at Glasto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Really looking forward to Jungle. Only started listening to them the last year.

Advertisement