Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gript-A source of misinformation. **Read OP before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Sunjava

Well that is a bit broad isn't it? So just don't mention it all I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭prunudo

i really worry for a world where we no longer question what we are told for fear of being labelled. Shut down at every opportunity and painted as an ….ist.

I'm still unsure what this has to do with Gript though. Was there a specific article they released?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Thanks for proving my point.

The holocaust includes the killing of Jews and a bunch of other untermensch.

But Zionist Jews monopolized all of that victimhood for themselves. Hell the Irish Times (back when it had a comments section and some dignity) had an opinion piece that stated we can never forget about all the Jews that died in WW2.

A commenter below the line of Polish descent questioned why they are the only we ones we are supposed to remember…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I didn't prove your point. I have no idea what your point is supposed to be?

WWe remember everyone killed in world war 2, regularly.

we all know that there were more than Jews killed, so what? The holocaust still happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

They actively started to try to reduce the numbers and make out it was nowhere near as bad… That's pretty much Holocaust denial 101.

Pretty sure anyone that's remotely historically literate is well aware that the Nazis killed anyone that they viewed as undesirables. Be it LGBT people (although certain people tend to want to ignore it happened to trans people ATM), disabled people, gypsies etc. The overall number is around 11 million people. Equally the number of Jewish people is somewhere around 6 million people and we have a tonne of data to back that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I feel sorry for you that you've swallowed the Gemma O'Doherty cool aid hook line and sinker and gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You've yet to produce a single iota of evidence.

It's abundantly clear what you're trying to do.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You literally are a holocaust denier by your own admission. Just because you don't like the definition doesn't mean you get to make your own one up.

At least we've established that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Shoog

Your a sick puppy, never thought I would come across a real holocaust denier in the flesh so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I can’t see where the poster denied the holocaust, maybe in an earlier post?

• Advertisement

What he has said exactly meets the criteria if holocaust denial. Diminishing the scale and impact on Jewish population is firmly in the category of holocaust denial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ahh FFS I haven't seen anyone denying the holocaust on Gript and if there are people commenting that there they are a total outliers.

Some people are throwing all types of shyte hoping some of it sticks.

Maybe we should start drawing closer attention to fact that those that are pro Gaza can even be pro Hamas, who very much want to recreate the holocaust in modern day Israel.

Granted there are a few commenting on Gript that are firm believers in a host of conspiracy theories and some fans of Putin.

Then there are others that would be considered fans of Israel.

I know it is shocking people with differing opinions.

BTW good luck claiming I am holocaust denier like you and your buddies are now doing to numerous posters you disagree with. I am squarely in the Israeli corner.

BTW Israeli corner does not mean I like or support Netanyahu.

Much like the Kennedys, as I am concerned the good one died in Entebbe.

I am not allowed discuss …

They didnt say it didn’t happen nor did they diminish anything.

If anyone is denying anything it’s you.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

I can tell by that abomination of a flag that's it's you who swallowed the post 2008 propaganda.

Like Jesus, I haven't had respect for Gemma O Doherty in about a decade. Door stopping the gardai commissioner is where her legit journalism career peaked, it's been a wild ride downhill since then.

But hey since I'm not gullible and am speaking my mind I must be "one of them" or on her "side".

In short, please stop embarrassing yourself and start thinking for yourself. Group think identity politics is a cancerous new religion and you are a zealot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This below post is 100% holocaust denial.

He first deminishes the number and then goes on to say it was inflated as part of some Jewish/Israeli victimhood agenda.

I suggest you look up the meaning of 'holocaust denial', it's not simply saying 'it didn't happen'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We have almost a century of scholarship on the Holocaust at this point. There's always room for serious and sensible debate but that's not what's happening here.

What we have here is a classic "Just asking questions" scenario where someone makes outlandlish statements under the guise of questioning the official or accepted narrative. It's not the first time I've seen holocaust denial appear in this manner and it won't be the last.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Finishing a post with a condescending comment, there’s really no need.

That post is holocaust denial, zero doubt about that! The posts I referred to were not, but I’m open to correction if you think otherwise.

*came here to discuss Gript 🤷‍♂️

The poster who is being accused of being a Holocaust Denier is @purifol0 , they've gone on a rant about inflated numbers of Jews killed which is pretty much textbook Holocaust denial. Here's the post where they do so, they don't bother including any source for the claims etc.

I have many issues with the state of Israel but posters pushing **** like the below absolutely deserve for it to be called out. They chose to introduce the claims.

I already said that I view Israel to be committing genocide. How many Jewish people do you think died as a result of the Holocaust? Provide sources as well which is pretty reasonable since you're not exactly in line with decades of historiography on the subject. No doubt you think the historical community is part of a conspiracy theory though.

There really isn't much difference between a holocaust denier and a holocaust perpetrator - they both want the same thing.

• Advertisement

ok fair enough

posting cr** that it was some conspiracy to boost numbers for war reparations is absolute denial.

Just because someone hasn't a fooking list of the exact names of all the Jews slaughtered by the likes of the einsatzgruppen death squads and their local collaborators leads to clowns claiming that millions didn't fooking die.

BTW I haven't seen that type of shyte being posted on Gript about the numbers being inflated.

There are a few posters though that are big into Rothchild and space lasers territory.

Ahh FFS just stop.

You are embarrassing.

You are basically saying that Jews and Israelis are just looking for sympathy and that the numbers are made up.

You really are beginning to sound like an anti-semite.

We know Roma/Sinti were wiped out in their hundreds of thousands, so were huge chunk of homosexuals, communists, Russians, Slavs, Serbs, anyone not deemed acceptable.

I now fecking feel like the Germans fighting on two fronts.

Trying to fight those that would gladly label Gript right wing trash and fighting those that are pro Gript but coming out with ultimate far right tropes about Jewish conspiracies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Read the thread. It's been explained how it is holocaust denial.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭foxsake

because somebody wrote a definition - we must all adhere to that and never question anything. Ever.

. that's a bizarre situation - reads like religious doctrine .

I have absolute no doubt that we are in the presence of a holocaust denier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭paul71

Have not read this thread for quite some time. No surprise that upon my return I find a discussion about gript has been hi-jacked by an openly jew-baiting facsist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭prunudo

not only that, but the meaning of the word deniel is being taken out of context. They've coined a phrase or a label which can be used to accuse somebody of something they actually aren't. Just because someone asks questions doesn't mean they are denying it happened. Yet thats what the phrase implies.

They are making statement denying the magnitude of the Jewish holocaust. They are not asking questions.

So your complaint is that you can't ask questions but you also have no questions.

• Advertisement

They've implied the Jewish deaths in the Holocaust are significantly lower and there's a Jewish conspiracy to inflate them. Upon asking the poster for the number they subscribe to and for some historical references for the claim, they've ran away. Denial absolutely includes claiming that millions less than died than historical community recognizes based on decades of historical research.

Advertisement