Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Romulus [Fede Alvarez]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good photo editing to accompany that story with the Dora the Explorer movie image.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Absolutely, and famously the actors didn't expect it so the reactions were genuine; but you still saw very little. Alvarez has an eye that tends to linger and gawp in a manner that's a bit too gross for me

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Deleted post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another trailer due tomorrow; includes a new poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

Hits cinemas August 16th

The trailer has a good claustrophobic feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Trailers always look good, but this does actually look GOOD!

That's a well edited trailer, I'll give it that. I maintain a little caution Alvarez is gonna lean way too far into gross, leering gore over proper scares. And the trailer didn't quite do anything to alleviate that sense.

Also interesting how for such a high profile franchise I couldn't pick a single name from the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I recognise Cailee Spaeny from Mare of Easttown, but that's it. More money for effects I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Visually it looks very, very impressive. Had to turn it off before it finished though as it was giving too much of the film away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm not going to watch it as I've given up on trailers, but I'll take all of your words that it looks good!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, she was in Civil War as well, also looking intermittently traumatised by events around her, ha. For sure it's a budget saver you'd have to imagine, and also skirts that classic giveaway "problem" where the one Big Name is sure to get offed in the First Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Trailer looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, about 50 seconds was enough to know the tone and feel of it, without any spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

I like that they included he "in space no one cna hear you" looks good , i do get a sense there could be a lot of action scrambling which i'd prefer less of for tense buildup. not fussed on the no big names on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

They certainly seem to be putting the Face huggers front and centre of all the trailers and posters arent they . Feels like that's how Fede is looking to differentiate this film from others in the franchise. Expanding the tension of the medbay face hugger scene in Aliens across a whole film. Mine the bodyhorror aspect of being mouth raped by a spider rather then merely hunted down by the big guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bit of a plot summary with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Alien 3 is not awful, it is just that it was very different to Aliens. I hated it too initially but have since watched it more than once and enjoy it now.

Looking forward to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I have mentioned it a few times, but there is a version of Alien 3 called the Assembly Cut. It is a much better story IMO, and is what should have been released.

Personally love the aesthetic of A3 a lot, Fincher did a pretty solid job, especially when you consider how sick he was during filming.

The Alien 3 Assembly Cut had no involvement from David Fincher but he did apparently give it some vague blessing, FWIW.

I found it a much better feature and worth checking out. It made the whole thing much bleaker, and a more cohesive creature TBH (fixing many aspects like Paul McGann's character suddenly disappearing), without being able to fix all the flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As a recall the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 attempts to reconstruct the last cut of the film that Fincher was involved in editing. The problem with it is that it does this by leaving out a lot of the reshoots, much of which Fincher directed and which improved the film.

Advertisement