Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing HKC wireless sensor batteries

• 02-06-2024 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭

My HKC system is in about 3.5 years now, and have just got a low battery warning on one of the wireless sensors. I assume therefore that the others will probably go soon as well so they'll need replacing too.

I don't want to bother getting an engineer in and am happy to do it myself as long as I can do it without the engineer code.

So what's the procedure and where is the best place to get the batteries? I'd need 12, CR 123A, I think. Amazon won't deliver them unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the system is wire free then it may be the external bell batteries that need replacing.

If you have the APP, does it show what the low battery is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The app is saying it's the wireless motion sensor in the hall. We don't have an external bell, just a dummy.

Just went ahead and bought a single battery from Woodies and did that one sensor and had no issues. Just a tamper alarm which I acknowledged with the user code.

Now to do the others, so I need a cheaper source for the batteries. Any suggestions? Would a local electrical wholesalers have them?

If you have the app I would just change them as they go.

The windows and doors sensors last over 5 years.

A motion detector, which would see movement, would open and close more frequent meaning the battery will go in them first.

Yes, wholesalers would have cheaper batteries than woodies and the like.

Here is a link to supplies list.

Thanks for that, I'll do them as they fail then. Lithium batteries have an extremely long shelf life do no harm getting a few in stock.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BrenRoche

you can get cr123 batteries on shin rechargeable, I just ordered a few

Advertisement