Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Story is fascinating …. but some of it is indeed poorly done …. but cost cutting prevails over accuracies in soapland …. but still and all it is a good and potentially great storyline ….

Of course the actor could be playing a totally new character …. or a recast version of some long forgotten character …. FC has a habit of reviving very old stories that date back years …. a common trick in soaps is to leave some stories unresolved …. e.g. Ciaran: is he dead or alive is never revealed …. or what happened Lana Leo's Russian wife …. I remember a mention of someone who killed her but it was not developed and forget who it was …. some minor role gangland figure of the Billy Meehan time IIRC ….

As it stands the 'hooded man' actor played Liam Loftus and Tyler before …. Loftus is highly unlikely …. and Tyler has no real motive has he when it comes to Zoe or Laura …. if Tyler is working obo Lucy she'd more likely target Dolores and Pete …. If Tyler is somehow working for McCabe then Laura makes sense then moving on to target other members of the Halpin family and Mairead family ….. McCabe has no incentive whatsoever to target Zoe ….

I'm surprised Fergal was not a suspect …. but he seems not to be involved at all so far in this storyline …. but he could yet if the story goes down the random stalker/killer road …. and of course he would have nothing to do with it ….

The idea of the random killer …. Tyler or a new character …. makes sense esp if Zoe is being targeted …. we know v little about Tyler …. while connected to Lucy he has issues himself and has a separate background to Lucy …. I don't think Lucy would even have Zoe on her radar …. or Laura … so do not really think Lucy is credible …. Tyler himself we don't know and they can re-invent and broaden that character as some sort of a perv …. I do not remember him much and if any background was given about him …. he seemed to be unhinged …. capable of evil? Def ….

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

10 people at the meeting and the 2 gardai at the front don’t notice the dodgy character turning up and taking pictures of attendees.

Then he hangs around after and walks through them all chatting.

Why would a guy who murdered someone 5 months before he turning up now? Is this mysterious man another red herring?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They name the Hooded Man actor in the credits 😭.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I read the first 3 words of your post.... Ha ha ha...

Sorry Lumphammer, but the story is NOT fascinating, its scutter. They announced that a minor long gone character (who may have met a violent end) was found buried in a shallow grave in the park.

She had no enemies that we know of... They are dragging the hole out of the story with an implausible Gardai investigation... and possible leads that don't make any sense. It seems to me at least like they don't know how to finish up the story in time for the summer break....and have now resorted to some random serial killer in the midst of the tiny locality that is Carrigstown. Its hilarious to watch, like a terrible amateur drama stage show, but jesus wept, you'd be scarlaa for them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Basically this.

Thankfully, Paul is in his usual good form cracking some quality one liners.

This murder storyline is one of the poorest yet. Damien hos shown how limited his acting skills are.

Just no cohesion to Fair City anymore.

• Advertisement

The anti woke/catfishing storylines aside, every other storyline in the past year or so, has been utter rubbish. Even when they have the embers of what could develop into an interesting story, they drag the arse out of it until it loses its punch and/or just suddenly drop it. It makes for great unintended comedy, which is why I watch it (I think)

Yep. Not a word about Cardils kidnapping and the investigation.

I actually can't recall if it has always been shite or just got gradually more shite.

In fairness, there are some decent characters in Ray, Paul, Cass and even some of the newer ones like Rafferty can act. But the script writers really let the show down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not that it's a surprise but is back next week

Dean.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I going to be disappointed if now Pete is in hosp he gets clean and no longer has a drug problem, I was really hoping for him to turn all dope sick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"Help Help" screams Georgie.

He's about as hard as soft cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The "Codeine And You" leaflet given to Pete 😂.

Soo Zoe is afraid to go out alone at night in Carrigstown.... yet does just that.... repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Whats with Zoe and the pink hi Viz?

Is it so she feels very important?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fergal leaves his just bought tea on a table in Vinos untouched, I assume dole money as no job

Hayley and Liam next for Fergal to go after it seems, hopefully he blows up the wedding

I am not saying the story is perfect …. it is far from that …. but it is interesting …. I am not expecting writing on the level of Stephen King or Margaret Atwood or Charles Dickens or William Shakespeare or whoever here …. but it passes a half an hour 3 nights a week ….. and I would gladly watch Fair City any day over Big Brudder, Luv Island, Britain's Got Talent, and so on …. plus I will expect soaps not to be very realistic as I know they work with rotas of a limited # of characters at a time ….

It's not interesting, it's a bag of **** this storyline. They couldn't have written it any worse if they tried. A non charachter get's murdered. Pathetic Gaurds and how they go about their business. Damien over-acting. Some lad in a duffle taking snaps in a small room in a pub not noticed. It's school boy writing.

Don't get me wrong, i watch Fair City because you get the (very) occasional decent storyline and laugh, but it is getting progressively worse

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Coz us men go wild for right said Fred 😀seriously who writes this

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

A minute after giving out to the young lad cause he thought he was wasting the drink by putting salt in it they all walk out and leave them behind 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My favourite lines last night was haley explaining why her mother hates her fella: "because you tried to kidnap her to take my money "

Fair enough o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭John arse

• Advertisement

I agree with you on Damien over-acting …. I do not think he is much of a character …. he is a 50 something year old builder and they are trying to make him look interesting …. it was a bit creepy teaming him up with Caoimhe and he like 20 years older than her give or take …. Orla is another … a forty something year old who dated nearly everyone in it and is more fodder for stories than actual story …. poor characters and not the best actors …. others in it should be used more …. Fergal and so on ……

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Damien and acting skills in the one sentence? lol

Damien getting acting tips

"Listen, just look like you are constipated in every scene you do, it'll look deadly"

I'm still getting over the scene with him and Mairead dressed up…….oh jesus, the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rdser

He must have great contacts in rte. There since day one really and still cant act apart.from constant face contortions.

The whole whodunnit story line is really really poor…as was the scenes with zoe and georgie after the attack by the dubious hooded man hiding in the darkness. What utter utter nonsense. You were just attacked' and you stroll to the copshop?? Give me strength.

None of it makes any sense and is about as credible as FFG election promises.

Not going to even start on the wedding nonsense...or the Gardai. Where did they find the Columbo wannabe..

Not sure where the bottom lies, but its worse its getting...by the episode. how are the writers still in jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it part of her delivery job, uniform, and what does she deliver at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Paul and Bella are the only ones since day one

I thought Ray & Mondo too? Could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

Even the 'perpetrator' clinching his fists looking at Zoe, pure ham acting. Its really bad.

I tell ye, i'm half considering turning up for an audition free of charge for d craic.

FFS If Juliet can get a job on set, there is hope for even the worst actor who's ever graced the earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have no idea how Fergal, the young lad and Fr Liam are going to fit in that tiny kitchen to clean it.

Advertisement