Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside 20V 1000M2 robot mower review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peteris

It's 23:12 here now and robot is still going strong. I honestly have no idea how schedule should work. My schedule is set 07:00-23:00 with 8 working hours. This morning it didn't start (rain sensor...) so I started it manually at 10:00. It mowed for 4 ½ hours (wow...) till 14:30 then charged till 15:30, then worked till 19:30 again and charged till 20:50. Now it's working and working...

I'll send it home manually but I have no idea will it start mowing again after fully charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 edwa1

Hey folks, I had put my mower away for the winter with the intent of setting it up fully in the summer. The problem is I have forgotten the password and it is not the factory one has anyone had this issue or any idea on how to solve it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aras64

hello
    I wanted to ask about such a situation. If the electricity goes out at the charging station? How does the robot behave in this case? Does he continue to cut the sole? And can he cross the wire-marked areas in this case?
    And maybe someone can describe the algorithm zones of the robot. How to set zones is understandable. But the algorithm of the robot's operation itself is not clear. I only explain that the beginning of the zone is found by distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sneem

Hi fellow lidl robot mower fans.

I got one a few days ago in lidl and have it up and running. I did notice it was making allot of beeping sounds this evening while out in the lawn cutting.

I searched the documentation and the web and there is no mention of them making a beeping sound.

Had anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gingy_Ste

I also had to remove the lower bumper comb and the middle comb for it to work on a very old and bumpy lawn but I really really recommend scalping your older lawns before setting up this robo mower to help level it and remove weeds/moss.

I found it had difficulty docking but I fixed it by making sure the boundary wire was dead straight.

I had an issue connecting the app too but fixed that by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

For those that build a little house let's see them! I'm hoping to build one as the parkside roof is a bit too open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

yes mine was doing that also…….I cant get to it quick enough to see what comes up on the display when it beeps🤔

However, it has been mowing correctly and returning to dock as scheduled so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

I finally got around to setting up my 500m2 one at the weekend, it's working away fairly well, other than having an issue with the charging station. It won't make it all the way back into the station to charge and gets stuck on the corner of it.

It is also managing to escape its working area.I missed out happening a few times but the time I saw it, it seems that it's getting out when it reaches the boundary around the charging station.

From what I can see, it might be that the boundary cable passing through the base of the charging station is not quite straight enough so I'll try to straighten that when I have a chance. Has anyone else had this issue and have any other potential solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How do you turn on the Bluetooth on the mower, mines the 1000m² one I got the other day. Nothing in the instruction manual about it but there's a Bluetooth symbol on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gingy_Ste

You go to settings and set wifi, then open the Parkside app on your phone to connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Interested Bystander

Glad to find this thread, some great info here. I bought the 500m² mower a few weeks ago.

Was also a bit puzzled why there were two set up manuals, some of the guidance like how to set up the charging station seems to be rubbish. But its easy enough to figure out if you read it all and experiment. I also had a few teething problems with my mower getting stuck on uneven ground and on an easy slope running down off one side of the main lawn into a retaining wall (mainly to do with finding traction on slope). Just had to pull the perimeter back a touch from those hazards.

The kids love it, having 'Bruce' (had to name him) whizzing around and cutting away is a great novelty. Also a source of hilarity (my 3 kids are u-5), like when we leave footballs on the lawn, Bruce just bumps or 'dribbles' them out of the way, (have to keep an eye for dolls or teddies as they'd meet a grizzly end).

Have seen on this thread how water can effect the thing so I have been very careful to use only in dry weather. I use an upturned wheelbarrow as a garage for it and only send him out on evenings or weekends having checked the forecast.

I'm curious to see the rain sensor work but also feel like its a bit of a waste of time considering other comments on here. I mean if you lose your warranty because it gets wet, its not much of a warranty, especially considering our weather, and that the mower could potentially have to navigate up to 95% of the perimeter wire to return to the charger having had the rain sensor triggered. By that time, the mower could be completely soaked beyond saving. I don't think it would have been too much of a stretch for the designers to make it rain-proof.

My only other gripe with the mower is that it doesn't deal with borders at all. As a hayfever sufferer, the whole idea was that I don't have to put myself through the torture of mowing the lawn anymore but I now have to take out the strimmer to finish the job, I didn't have to do this with my old petrol mower which both cuts the borders and sucks the grass up into the bag. So it kind of defeats the purpose having to strim and then deal with all the loose grass on flower beds and patio areas. Aaaah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 theirish

Thanks for a brilliant review. I recently bought the 1000m2 version. My robot is having issues with docking and has only docked a handful of times. Also, when it is going home, it goes very very slow. Is this normal? It’s a great value machine but would definitely benefit from a guide wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭MacDanger

On your last point about the borders, I think that's applicable to all robot lawnmowers

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Interested Bystander

I know! Just a pity no company has invented one with a little cutter sticking out of the side that can strim the borders as it returns to the charging station, now that could make it worth paying Husqvarna prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Finally got it all set up when it starts to mow it will run for about 20 seconds and then I get a Hardware Error (3). Anyone know what that means?

Ok I think it beeps as it gets close to the stage of needing to return to base station to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Granduca57

hi, just wondering if you got the PIN issue in your Lidl mower sorted. I have the same problem with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

Mine is running now after burying boundary wire over the last week. My approach was to cut into the lawn with an axe and pushed the wire in with a blunt flat adze. Made good progress once I refined my technique but still took a long time.

Mower is getting trapped in dips. This is fine; I have a big mound of dirt I can fill them in with and levelling the lawn is a good thing. Glad I excluded the bumpiest section though.

I held off getting a robot mower before because i had a dog and I understood they aerosolize dog poop. Can't see it aerosolozing anything. Imagine it would just smear it all over the place like a hoover would.

It moves and sounds like the motor is a bit fucked or low on power while fully charged. Is this normal with this mower?

My one beeps very frequently, including while it has a full battery. Mainly while changing direction. I took it as a feature to prevent it tripping people up.

Ran for 2.5 hours for me on full charge before returning. Have the larger model. Seems lower than expected? Perhaps affected by terrain? Or maybe the battery is dodgy?

I have mine set to mow Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday only........it was out this morning (Monday) at 7 am🤷.......does it compensate if it doesn't reach the hours worked the previous day??? Or for rain ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcauleydjm

2.5hrs is roughly what I'm getting with a 4Ah battery atm. Best I had last summer was over 3 hours, terrain and temperature dependent. How long were you expecting? I used an 8Ah battery last summer and got between 5 to 6hrs, but the charge time was very long, so went back to the 4Ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peteris

Mine is randomly stopping. The few times I have catched it happening and ran to it to check the screen it says "Emergency stop". No other error messages. It happens totally randomly in different places in my yard. No obstacles, no bumps in the ground, nothing. Sometimes it mows full cycle (4 hours), sometimes (today) stops every 10-15 minutes. I have cleaned it, I have removed the black bumper and the brush, I have reset the factory settings. Should I remove emergency stop button? Is it some software fault? Should I contact the service centre or just return it?

Has anybody experienced such issue?

Just saw longer periods mentioned on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ste19

Hi all,

Just something I've noticed when setting up the mower. I left extra cable at the back of the unit incase I needed to move it again. When starting up the mower it came out of station saying mowing but doing nothing, (also sometimes saying outside). Decided to cut cable to correct length to fit to back of unit. Had no issue since. The extra cable coiled up, no matter where will give off misleading signal's. Hope this helps someone out.

You can turn the rain sensor off. Will never go out to cut with the weather we have 😆.

If rain sensor has been on for awhile it needs manual reset it seems.

If the mower is fully charged before the time you have set, it will go out to cut and will only return when it needs to be recharged or manually sent home. It should (will) start again on next schedule time.

If the mower is fully charged before the time you have set, it will go out to cut and will only return when it needs to be recharged or manually sent home. It should (will) start again on next schedule time.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Sorry to hear that. Does the emergency stop button still return to its position after you press it, i.e. it’s not caused by the button physically falling down?

If not, my guess it’s water ingress. Get onto Lidl if it’s in warranty. If not, you could try and remove the button from the outside, it’s just two screws from what I remember. But the actual electrical connection is inside the main housing. It’s a hall sensor that is activated by a magnet in the red button. You could open up the main housing, check for water damage and and unplug the hall sensor wiring connection if needed. You can bypass these sensors by taping a small magnet to them (assuming they are working).

Post edited by SchrodingersCat on

The beeping had largely stopped last night. This morning it is happening a lot. I think the difference is that the grass was dry last night and is dewy this morning.

I am 90% sure that the blade is not cutting while the beeping is happening. I can't hear it, and I've observed it drive over a number of patches without cutting them while it happens. Therefore I think the beeping is happening when the blade is meeting too much resistance or is in danger of getting clogged or stuck.

My grass is pretty thick and bumpy and is a little longer than the mower would be intended for so this seems likely to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcauleydjm

I think you are right - this happened with mine (I've a bumpy lawn too). Bumper off and cutting at 60mm highest setting and its fine now once it just has to maintain the lawn. I did have to cut manually for the 1st cut as it was too long to let the bot handle (I nearly left it too long and was going to have to do a 2nd 1st cut, but I put 2 of the mowers on the lawn for a day or two and it got it well under control).

Even still, it will mow along happy as larry in a straight line, then stop and change direction - unsure if the bump sensor triggers or if the blade motor current spike causes this detect point, as the surface looks fine to me. So far I haven't worried too much about it as it still gets the job done.

Advertisement