Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ait2024

Hi All,

Has anyone attended the open days for the fitness tests? I see on their socials that they have said the audio for the beep test has changed and will be updated on the website shortly. Checked the website and it hasn’t been changed.
    Is the audio on their website ok to use for practice?

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ebarry26

I had a merit of 310 stage 1 , had interview via zoom last week ! It was the longest hour of my life !! Don’t know how it went , waiting game now 🙈🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jimmy.james

Anyone else get their date for PCT? I emailed them this morning about it and then they sent me an email saying the date for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

How far away is your Pct date?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Louise2024

Hi all! Had my interview last week, just curious if time frame how long it took until you got results ? 2 weeks ish? And the time frame between results and your fitness test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sligo98

I think around 10 days to 2 weeks from interview date they sent out our results! Then they sent out form B where you had another 2 weeks roughly to complete that and send it back to them. Then around 10 days after due date for Form B i received the date for my PCT

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2024

As others have said it seems to be two weeks after the last interview. My interview is tomorrow i'm sure the last ones are on Friday so probably two weeks from then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 racheldowney2

Hey is anyone down for their PCT on the 15th of June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mickyjoe555

Yes sir, I'm aware of a couple of people called for June 15…

• Registered Users Posts: 12 korea 1

batch 2 interviews finished today best of luck to everyone waiting for their results

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aka55

Hi have mine next week, how are you guys feeling about it? Any have it completed

Pretty sure the 15th is the first date that's available instead of the 11th.

Should be fine for it. It's not too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OB4702

Just had interview today, panel were nice but asked some hard questions like what would you do in this scenario etc. So they will make u think on your feet. Overall it's not too bad if u have your competencies covered and have examples ready. Be ready for a few probing questions off script. Hopefully I've got through as I think it went well🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 35 movers&shakers

Hi.
    Regarding the competencies, when they’re exploring them do they actually say for eg, looking at the competency resilience, tell me a time when you demonstrated evidence of being resilient -Are they clear like that?,

OR do they come at it from a different angle like, tell me a time something went wrong for you?……. it’s the indirect technique that always catches me out from using my prepared material.

Thanks, and hope you’re news is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

From what I remember, they are fairly clear on what competency they are asking you. But that might also ask “Have you ever dealt with Trauma” (Resilience) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LarissaW25

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Kealyboy

Anyone in batch 2 interviews get their results yet? I did my interview 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Still waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sara1999

nope not yet 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

when did batch 2 interviews end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Red devil 77

Last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psb1

No have a pre test on 16th June though

Can you be more specific? They changed the audio in what context?

Yes be prepared !!!!! Have 2 examples for each of the Competencies .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aod214

In the information booklet it says that to be eligible for selection as a trainee you must be “certified by a registered medical practitioner (nominated by the commissioner) to be in good health and of sound constitution etc…”

Would that mean id have to be signed off by my GP and get a certificate or are they going on about the medical checks they do after the pct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭billyhead

It means the Garda medical team and not your own gp must sign off that you are medically fit to undertake the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Confitzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chrisreidy

Really like to join

• Advertisement

I attended the open day for the PCT today. A word of caution guys dont underestimate it and wait for the day of the test. Its quite tough but achievable if you are prepared. Started with the Bleep test which was comfortable enough then into Sit ups and Push ups. Half hour break and then into the circuit test. 3 reps of the course in 3 minutes and 20 seconds is the qualifying time. The video in you tube doesnt do it justice. We were a small group of only 9 as well today. My advice would be if u get an invite to have a look at the test get down to the College well worth your time. I completed the whole course need to improve on certain areas of it but overall definitely achievable if you prepare beforehand.

Post edited by psb1 on

Advertisement