Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

Agree with this, word for word!

'A complete hash'...at least they learnt before it's too late. Ireland, Paddy last!

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c25l0vxpnd8o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Not at all. They wouldn't do a thing like that.

That's actually a truly scurrilous thing to say Donnie....

In no way related to this, there's one or two people on this site who know who I am.

Let's leave it at that.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

@Honestypolicy Nothing different here in Kerry.

Surely your local representatives are up in arms about this?

How's 'Mr Black' getting on these days? I hear they're looking to have a word with him down in Clare..

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭engineerws

So the take home point here is that the liberal Biden administration feels that 2500 per day is crisis point where they totally stop all applications.

Meanwhile, in a country which is equivalent to one of the smallest of their 50 states, we take 600 a week or 90 a day and it's no problem apparently. "We just need to build more houses"

That's more than DOUBLE the rate there. Fxxk sake but we're some fools. Or led by fools.

Wait, isn't this the same stuff they were calling the Don racist for? I guess it's okay when they do it though.

All things aside, Our Gov needs to wake the **** up and fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Olivia headon must be on holidays and they have no one else to talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fitzy149

Dishonest ? Thats being nice.

It was / is this governments dying wish to swamp our countryside with unvetted males from cultures that will Never integrate with the local populus and will be a source of friction for years to come ..

they aid and abet this upheaval by handing out free [our] money to support these new migrants while they wait to get a passport and bring over the rest of their clan

Crime stats have been reported ad nauseam on this thread re similar "experiments" and how they end up.

How on Gods earth can a government, almost single handedly, sell out the country they were chosen to serve and protect !!!

It baffles me why Irish people arent on the streets ? I mean this act of treachery cannot be given a blanket acceptance ??

What am i missing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Nah would never be a government controlled media. Thats just conspiracy theory territory.😏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

It's interesting that the pro mass immigration argument has shifted from "it's good for us and morally right" to "there's nothing we can do about it, we must accept it".

This with a side helping of "Ireland was always sh!te anyway", "there's no such thing as Irish culture", "there's no such thing as being Irish".

It's quite a miserable base for an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

Tents in Milltown now - good thing Alexandra College school has finished for summer (junior school friday); they should move to Gonzaga playing fields, at least that is a boy's school

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Listening to Morning Ireland and not a single mention of tents, migrants etc so the answer to your question is YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That's what I thought immediately. Aren't the 2 boyos trying to get their sons and daughters into the council? A very interesting election for the Healy Raes. I hope the people of Kerry see sense.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Theres a few out in Booterstown aswell across from the Maldron or at least there was when I drove by yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭zerosquared

Yep and I only went back a few months worth of votes when researching how the existing lot in Brussels been voting

The same Clare/Mick/Ming/Greens block from Ireland voted against anything remotely supportive of Ukraine and critical of Russia, whose regime created millions of refugees from Ukraine, Syria and Africa deliberately wanting to flood Europe

Not a week goes by without news of the Putin’s criminal scum trying to push paying migrants from Middle East and farther they traffic now via their country onto Poland, Finland, Baltics etc

Post edited by zerosquared on

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Blind As A Bat

"the both of you accept you have issues with legal immigration"

I don't have a problem with it in moderation. I have a problem with the possibility that we're heading towards an imbalance where we'll have a minority of ethnically Irish people. I've known hundreds of foreigners and for the most part I liked them. I take people as I find them and I don't care what race or nationality they are.

But - I'm Irish! I like spending time and interacting with other Irish people. I l like the craic, the banter, the shared sense of who we are.

I also love the remnants of our ancient culture, our quiet and mystical places, our heritage, I can feel our ancestors in those places. It touches my soul as an Irish person, as does our language and music.

A few years ago a group of Punjabi guys in Ireland did a video for St Patrick's Day of themselves doing a traditional Punjabi dance to some Irish traditional music. That's fine up to a point but what about 150 years from now? What will it mean to be 'Irish'? Will we just be a weird mish-mash of bits and pieces of everybody's traditions and culture??

Even just take the English syllabus for Leaving Cert - what will it need to look like in order to be inclusive of all these different cultures? Will our incredible, world-renowned tradition of Anglo-Irish literature be sidelined or reduced to a minimum, merely one small part of a 'global' curriculum, because it doesn't have relevance for our growing non-Irish population and we need to engage them?

I don't know. I just find the whole thing very unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fitzy149

Sadly, yes . The Island of saints n scholars is no more. "It's with O Leary in the grave .. "

Our Irish culture got extinguished / despatched with a government tweet. How apt in this age of technology, a single tweet, translated into 8 languages, would sink us as a viable country.

A single tweet that basically said ... just drop what you doin, get your ass over here now, asap, we'll give you your own doorkey, an income and bfore you can say, wtf, a passport .. c'mon, what are you waiting for ?

- got a better offer ? Lols. Thought not ..

c u soon,

Love

Ireland "

The schools will be a challenge right enough. All your sudden new neighbours from Iraq, Somalia and Chad will be wantin their kids taught differently. None of this Christian nonsense .. they'll have acquired an Irish passport in the meanwhile and their extended families will have arrived and set up home .. you'll be able to invite em round for tea and discuss the cultural differences ye can never quite bridge

Unsettling yes .. and will soon become more unsettling.

We will become the underdog in our own country within a decade, as we watch the number of Irish residents here dwindle by comparison with migrants and their extended families

I guess we have to listen to our government. Welcome our new neighbours (they have forced amongst us), pay our tax monies to help them set up here .. and pay their continued welfare if necessary.

And keep control any simmering little resentments in case you fall foul of our governments new Hate Laws ..

make sure to vote for independents like Ming at eu elections, the current lot are doing everything as shown earlier in thread to make this future you wrote about a reality

Edit; I am being sarcastic of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭tom23

Personally think what we were where is gone. God knows what we will morph into. You can be sure you will be gaslit all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭seenitall

I’m confused. You just told us in your previous post that Ming is against the EU support for Ukraine and always votes in alignment with the interests of Kremlin to swamp the EU with refugees. And now you are urging us to vote for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Tweet, what tweet? The one linking to a whitepaper saying we might, in a couple of years, depending on how the housing crisis goes, have a limited amount of own door accommodation?

Open your eyes, it was the video that did it.

An Irish TD releasing videos of his Dail speeches, telling the world how much we love IPAs, his admiration for the honorable Islamic cultures, comparing them to our national heroes, advising on how to dodge deportation, and offering swimming groups for the 'unvetted' males to get to know the locals.

If there really was a social media factor to increased numbers arriving. Wouldn't you think this was it?

Post edited by MegamanBoo on

Sarcasm 😂

I better add the /s tag last thing we need is more MEPs who help 💩 🕳️ regimes drive millions into Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭seenitall

Ah ok! I just couldn’t be sure, was really perplexed there for a moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

What was causing the housing crisis prior to the scary demographic changes over the last three years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Quags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If you don't understand their intentions, it's because you haven't read Karl Marx.

Marxists demand internationalism and that ordinary people have more in common with each other than their national identity. They envision a future where the state "withers away", leading to a stateless and classless world. They oppose nationalism as they believe it divides the international "working-class".

When you frame everything everything under the Marxist lens, it actually makes perfect sense what they are trying to achieve with migration here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭twinytwo

what is making it worse?.. we can go around and around all day long.

Advertisement