Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Omallep2

Ya weather isn't looking too bad but no heat. I'm tempted to cut today but what's other's thinking's?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

I'm glad I didn't cut hay last week. Got drenched this morning and ground still has wet and muddy patches even after a week of sun. r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Like Ed it won't make or break it. Currently turning it here after the rain this morning. Savage drying in that breeze and it shocked me how dry it was around 2 o clock. Will get it during the week. Only being turned for the 2nd time here

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Thats looking good. This afternoon was a savage day for drying, if anything that wind has made it the best day yet on hay. idk what part of the country you are in but theres a risk of showers tomorrow morning then dry with wind for the afternoon and thursday. I'd say it'll be A1 on thursday, and if tomorrow is anything like today you could be baling tomorrw evening too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

Should get mine baled by thursday, it possibly could be ready tomorrow evening, but not sure the CX95 will be. Part of the exhaust link pipe disintegrated while mowing and I managed to melt the brake fluid reservoir before I noticed. I went to Kells to get the parts but came back with the wrong pipe. I could be depending on the 135 with the square baler yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭Dunedin

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭leoch

Jesus lads ye must be in the south or southeast its baltic everywhere else

North east, it's bright and breezy, definitely not warm, but hay is drying out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭kk.man

Mid west. Cold and overcast. Heavy rain and drizzle this morning. No sun since Sunday. Savage wind to dry this afternoon, couldn't but use it.

• Advertisement

It shocked me how good it was turning. A few green spots in it. If it's dry and windy it will be fit Thursday or Friday. One spot of a back swarth under trees might just need to be wrapped. Hay takes time and a shower or 2 won't wont ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Knocked 7 acres of Italian ryegrass here this evening..at best it will make hay at worst it will make good horse haylage..weather looking dry till Monday here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭PANADOL

Cut 5 acres today in co meath very heavy dryish weather but temperatures not as high as I'd like improving towards the week end haven't a clue about hay maybe bale on sunday

I cut this evening dry forecast but temperatures are not very high hopefully wind will dry it

Cut 5 acres this evening temperatures not very high buy dry

I cut this eve dry forecast till Sunday temperatures on the low side ?

What type of land or location is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Is it the pipe from the turbo to the exhaust?

this is the part that went on me. Seems to be a common failure on the Case/Mccormick/Landini.

Main dealer wanted 400yoyos, I got a non OEM from a crowd in the UK for 90

yep. Main dealer wants 500 now, got a spurious for 200, probably could've gotten cheaper but want to get back running quickly. I have it in now, fitment was a little tricky, I don't think the tolerances of the spurious one are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Took a chance on mowing this morning. Shook out just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Tileman

ye must be all in a different country. 😀 fecking freezing here at the side of a pitch with youngsters. Thinnn in it’s meant to improve later in week so hopefully ye all get it ok

It will be fit to bale here tomorrow in Costa Del Navan. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Plastic is costing €4 per bale this year to wrap haylage..hard see stuff fit for hay this weather now..just not enough heat

There's plenty of sun and wind here, it killed out real well as far as I can see. It's not warm but it's not really heat that it needs either.

The hard work was done with Friday to Sunday's weather on this hay

Snap here aswell, baler booked. Small bit under high trees will have to be wrapped, out of 12 acres at most 1-2 bales to wrap. I'll take that with the current weather. Considering a good chunk of this grass has been growing since the back end of last year on heavy ground, it's great to get it back to grazing for a while and not stuck in wraps.

OK your a day behind me how much did ya mow are.ya going for hay?

In ardcath cut yesterday hope to bale next Mon/ Tuesday plenty of wind and a bit of sun today

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RockOrBog

No chance of hay here, ya wouldn't get 2 dry days to make silage ATM

• Advertisement

Not sure plenty of wind about temperature are low for sure but their is some sun and it I drying may take.7 days I cut it yesterday eve hope ti bale nzt Tuesday for hay xo meath??

Advertisement