Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placed on a panel?

• 16-07-2020 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

I was recently interviewed for a job in a hospital and at the interview they mentioned having a few vacancies to fill. I just received an email saying "I am pleased to inform you that your name has been placed on a panel for which vacancies arise."
    I'm not sure what this means, my first interpretation was that I didn't get selected this time but would be considered in future. But then the "I am pleased to inform you" bit is an odd wording for a rejection, so might it be that I'm shortlisted?

Wondering if anyone else received an email like this in the past and knows what it means before I bother HR for clarification!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Lawliet wrote: »
    I was recently interviewed for a job in a hospital and at the interview they mentioned having a few vacancies to fill. I just received an email saying "I am pleased to inform you that your name has been placed on a panel for which vacancies arise."
    I'm not sure what this means, my first interpretation was that I didn't get selected this time but would be considered in future. But then the "I am pleased to inform you" bit is an odd wording for a rejection, so might it be that I'm shortlisted?

Wondering if anyone else received an email like this in the past and knows what it means before I bother HR for clarification!

You didnt get the job, but if another job becomes available within the next 6 months, they have to offer it to you. That is if you are 1st on the panel. They may have others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Public service often fill jobs by using panels. They’ll anticipate a number of vacancies will arise, form a panel of suitable candidates and offer jobs to people on the panel as they come up.

Typically being placed on the panel means you’ve passed the interview, and will be offered a job if/when there is one.

Key point is where you are placed on the panel, if you’re number 1 then great - first vacancy comes up you’ll be offered it. Lower places you are then the less chance you have of being offered a position.

I would think it’s perfectly reasonable to ask HR how their panel system works and if they can tell you where you placed on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ah okay, do they have to tell candidates where on the panel they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Ah okay, do they have to tell candidates where on the panel they are?

Not necessarily. Some will put it in the letter - no harm in asking though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 omarshakir

Today I got email from HSE, they said if you want to accept intersted for job on nursing home with HSE ,but my main job and interview is home care not Nursing home,they said if don't intersted, don't respond, you are still on the panel, my Question if I didn't respond, they will not offering me any new job in future,or I have to accept, because they will ignore me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,032 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

HSE panels are different to others.

If you don't want this particular job, then don't respond.

Your name will stay on the list, and you will be offered the chance to express interest in the next job that comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neazoilamb

Hi,

Is there any chances of not getting an offer even after being 1st on the panel list?

I attended an interview with a council and received an email mentioning

"I wish to inform you that you have been placed 1st on the panel. It is not known at this stage if, or when, you are likely to be offered employment, however, I will be in touch with you should a position become available."

I haven't heard anything from them since then and it is been almost 4 weeks.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭billyhead

Depends on when the competition ends however I doubt a competition was held without appointing anyone from the panel. That would be a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

You will definitely be called, which Co is it for, I placed 10 on my panel and waited around three months for a position

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neazoilamb

Hi upinthesky,

Thank you for the comment. This is for louth county council.

• Advertisement
Advertisement