Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, Three Arena, 10th June 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Few resale seated tickets up on tm at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Remaining VIP standing tickets have been converted to regular standing tickets for normal prices it looks like, if anybody is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭iancairns

You absolute legend. Just nabbed 4 for this.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Goes to show, never pay the ransom.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭T.V Eye

Got 2 face value standing tickets via resale there. Lot to be said for holding out. Fair few resale tickets on TM now.

Post edited by T.V Eye on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭n1st

Ive just put 2 tickets back on Ticketmaster, face value 82.50.

https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18005F4CD22C50DE/lzbpp6xwqb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Week out

Looking forward to the show, more so a Weezer fan but Pumpkins are legends of the genre and can't be missed

Quite excited for this now, prefer Weezer but I reckon I’ll come out of The Point blown away by the Pumpkins

Can see there been a ticket release later in the week

The O2 have released a few just now

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacPint

big question is if Weezer will play No One Else. I love it but they got criticism for it recently (which i imagine can easily be linked to the lyrics).

• Advertisement

One of the dumbest criticisms considering the next song on the album is The World Has Turned And Left Me Here

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭T.V Eye

Interesting one to get pulled out.

Even hearing it decades ago as a teen you knew it wasn't a healthy attitude to have. The subject was being irrational, possessive.. whatever. I think it's the point of the song really.

Jaysus, there's far worse stuff on Pinkerton if someone is gunning for them.

Post edited by T.V Eye on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Here's hoping surely to God no one is buying the 421e VIP Karl's Corner crap!

Who the hell even is Karl!?! — a Weezer reference I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Coming up from Galway for this, doors are at 17:30, would anyone have an idea what time this will start? I assume around half 7 or 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Someone posted the stage times earlier in the thread, if you can find the post. Teen Mortgage are on at 6:30 IIRC.

Post edited by Penfailed on

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

I got standing ticket on on ticketmaster resale there. Facevalue €85 I paid €107 with all the 'reselling' fees etc added on. I think 100 is plenty to pay for a gig. Can't believe their are crappy seated tickets for this and they are 250-€350

Found them online -

Doors - 5:30

Teen Mortgage - 6:30

Weezer - 7:30

Smashing Pumpkins - 9:00

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Such an odd time for doors to open. The Wrestling doesn't even open that early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it’s opened that early before for Judas Priest/Saxon recently as that had an opener on around 6:30 as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kilteragh

Same for Europe / Foreigner / Whitesnake in 2022. Only caught the end of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ah sure get in good and early and have the dinner of candy floss, popcorn and pick n mix, washed down with a 10e pint of Gaviscon! 🤟

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Only 1 hour of Weezer then. 7.30 to 8.30 was hoping for more this time.

Some Block D and G tickets up now

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Just got 2 block D ticeadi thanks, savage, right in the middle.

Any idea on what kind of setlist we can expect for this? I see they play Birmingham Friday night, I suppose we'll see then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Also got block D seats. Was reluctant to pay over 180 for 2, but the seat option was too good to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Picked up a couple in D there, put my seats in the nosebleeds up for sale at the same price.

You should be able to get a refund through 'my order'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

On tickets I bought 6 months ago? Someone bought them overnight there anyway, fairly decent seat upgrade for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

For future reference, yes. If better seats become available you can buy them and have the old ones refunded (guessing they can't be cheaper, don't actually know)

Whenever I've done it I've agreed it in advance on chat but I don't think you have to

Advertisement