Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker set top box - ITV etc was gone and reset gone pearshaped

Options
  • 20-05-2024 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I've Walker satellite/terrestrial HD settop box (Model WPS818C). Its maybe 4yrs old?

Maybe 6 months ago, a number (but not all of the ITV channels (ITV, ITV+1, etc) disappeared in whole or in part.

Blank screen with or without sound.

I tried reinstalling from scratch and now its worse! Along with most ITV channels blank screen, the BBC's have gone the same way.

The terrestrial channels seem okay.

Anyone got any suggestions what to do next?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭MenloPete

No experience with a Walker, but, in general, boxes come with a predefined list of transponders and parameters - this will become out of date as things are changed by the satellite operator. So just doing a retune will not help you in those circumstances.

You need to do a Network Scan or a Blind Scan to find new transponders/parameters. I can't give you specific instructions for this, but it should be there in the menu somewhere.

Or alternatively manually add the new transponders and parameters - which would be tedious if you haven't done it before.

The third option is to import a SATCODX file from somebody who has already done the work for you.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I have a satcodx channel list from a Walker TV. I have sent it to various people here on boards for uploading to their TVs.

Don't know if I'll work for the STB but worth trying I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

I have used a number of Walker boxes over the years and it is often best when doing a scan to download all encrypted and unencrypted and sort from there. The likes of C4, more4, e4, are fta but come up in the encrypted list, it may be the same with your choice. Going this way will give you a huge job deleting and sorting, so it might be best to just scan the frequencies you want.

I've had Walker/Toshiba TVs for many years so the channel list is well sorted, and transferred between TVs, including those FTA channels tagged as encrypted. Occasionally a bit of tweaking is required when channels move/added/deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Have you considered if there's a problem with your satellite dish rather than the set-top box? Disappearing channels over time is consistent with a defective or deteriorating LNB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

I've had Blazer and Walker boxes for FTA tv from Power City over the years. All have lost channels at different times. I can get then back by doing a full rescan, but I don't want EVERY FTA channel back.

Any advice on how to retune one channel? There doesnt seem to be any online guides for this. e.g. for a Walker box.

Haven't ever used a Walker box, only TVs.

On the TV simply select manual channel scan under installation in the settings menu. In manual scan select or input the frequency that carries the particular channels required, ensuring the parameters are correct and press ok.

Which model Walker box do you have, a few photos of the tuning on the early models, which channels are you looking for.

To tune ITV London for example, do a manual scan on this frequency ,12363 v 27500.

I have a Walker WPSTBW23 currently.

I can see if you click on Home on the remote, the Settings, Installation, Manual Channel Scan, you can choose Satellite search.

The you can enter the "frequency", "polarisation", "symbol rate". And the Satelitte is listed below. e.g Astra 2 28.2E (this can be changed in another menu option).

I've tried inputting frequency and symbol rate for channels with irish info online, but havent found the ones I was supposed to be seeing,

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Advertisement

You won't get Irish/ Saorview in the satellite settings, it will be scrambled. The Irish channels will be in the terrestrial settings through your aerial rather than the dish.

Thanks. There's a few I was looking for - Satelitte only. Those "great tv" ones. "talking pictures". I was looking at that Lynsat site earlier. Will keep trying.

Advertisement