Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin required] JP Liz V1 disputing warnings on the Local Elections thread

• 03-06-2024 9:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is for JP Liz V1 to dispute the warnings given last week on the Local Elections thread in CA.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,051 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was threadbanned by @Ten of Swords

The elections are just around the corner, with candidates running one of the big issues is Immigration and is even on their campaign brochures so should be open for discussion

IPAs are allowed vote and migrant background candidates are running so again should be open for discussion

It seems every thread on anything Immigration related is getting closed or any far right leaning poster warned and banned, there has to be some middle ground and unbias

Everyone has a view on the subject that touches into many different discussions, all related

I've been called fascist, bigot and xenophobic over my concerns and views on the thread but I'm banned

I'd like please to appeal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi,

Have you PM'd the moderator to resolve this?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can you post the exchange here?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I was attacked being called bigot racist fascist xenophobic etc.,

The Immigration thread is closed, Immigration is a big issue in the local and MEP elections, it is on the candidates brochure leaflets, their stance and how they would change etc., IPAs are part of the Immigration discussion for the upcoming elections

And now jail, what is happening?

• Advertisement

I'm upholding this. It looks to me like you're trying to shoehorn immigration into a thread where it's at most partly relevant because you were threadbanned from another thread.

This is the comment that earned you the threadban:

IPA : I'm Boba I want to claim asylum here over climate change, as I've got sunburnt

Treasure Ireland Immigration Officer : Welcome Boba, here is your card and I will give your accommodation which may be tented and payments plus don't forget to vote in the local elections, have a nice day.

There's no attempt whatsoever to discuss candidates, policies or parties here. It's a very clear attempt to make the thread solely about immigration.

Let me know if you'd like an admin to review.

Yes please I'd like admin to review, immigration is an issue in the elections and should be allowed for discussion in context to the candidates running

I accept that my attempt at ironic humour was seen in bad taste and take that warning

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

FYI @awec or @Beasty or @Big Bag of Chips or @Mickeroo please and thanks.

-Shield

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hey @awec or @Big Bag of Chips are either of you available to take this on please? The OP has waited a fair amount of 14 days going by our charter for an admin review.

Thanks.

-Shield

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've already left a nudge for the admins in the admin forum, they seem a bit thin on the ground right now.

• Administrators, Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Hi there,

This thread was brought to me as it has been under review for an extended period. I have looked back over this thread and the PM's and related content.

I am also upholding these warnings and bans. It does seem quite clear that you are trying in a roundabout sort of way to overthrow and run another thread off topic with your "attempt at ironic humour" on immigration. This is not reasoned or valid debate it is just nonsense. In a thread on local elections you are not discussing the elections, its candidates, or anything related. This appeal is closed.

Mike.

I appreciate you looking at it but to be fair immigration was an issue in the local elections and European elections so should have been allowed in discussion as some candidates running included immigration on their campaign manifesto and other posters too mentioned it but I don't see them banned

I understand my joke fell flat and take that warning but given I was replying to other posters, a fair unbias approach with all should be done

• Administrators, Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Agreed! However I am not familiar with these threads. The moderation of these threads and forums is left to the moderators.

This forum is set up to allow a user to appeal their own warnings/bans or disputes. I feel this has been achieved in this case. This is not the place for picking apart other users and their posting. You can report a post that you take issue with.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement