Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Sun has dissappeared. Distinct chill. Reaf feel temp of 10c.

At least it's not raining.

I'm happy to take this if from the second half of June we get a decent spell of Nice weather. I'm not greedy. Anything between 19c & 23c i'd be happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭reactadabtc

I was sitting outside a pub yesterday and I was shivering by 8pm. Wild for June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

no doubt we will be told it’s the warmest June on record 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭pauldry

No. It DEFINITELY won't be the warmest June on record.

The reason May was is because nights were 12 and 13c due to cloud when it should be 7c. Also the first 10 days were IMT of 13c so a high base was set anyways. Daytime temperatures were just 1c above normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Bear in mind that the UV index is moderate to high today so don't let the cool temperatures deceive you if you're out and about today. If you're fair skinned and/or burn easily, ensure you've SPF applied if out and about around lunchtime and a couple of hours either side of it.

Cloud is building a little now so it might not be so much of a concern but certainly something to bear in mind.

Cool sunny weather in June is a recipe for lots of sunburnt people.

• Advertisement

There is a lot of sunshine so at least its not dull and the Euros start on June 14th so who cares what weather is like then. I'll be in the sitting room drinking for a month!! Hopefully by the time I come out of hibernation in mid July it will be over 14c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

yesterday evening was bitter in that breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭acequion

May was nice and the June weekend was lovely, but now it's back to normal service.😯 Well maybe not fully normal as it's quite dry in Kerry which is always welcome, but it's gloomy and chilly. I'm delighted to be getting away to Spain for two weeks from Saturday and hopefully things will have improved by the time I return at the end of June. Hate to see this type of non summer weather though, as it has a habit of sticking around and next thing you know schools are back and days are drawing in. Hopefully not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Yeah May wasn't bad at all (in fact the hottest May recorded which I found a little strange) June started well (lovely long weekend with some heat) Not bad here today although chilly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another chilly day here in Meath and this is just the beginning of this prolonged cold spell with temperatures lower than average all the way to June 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭glitterIsland

Where the F*ck is summer of 2024. It's freezing cold. I brought a jacket with me on a walk the other day and then it got too warm and I took it off. Now, it's too cold for a cardigan and I don't know what to wear any more. That b@stard sun better make an appearance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

For anyone heading to Greece it’s looking exceptionally hot next week peaking next Friday on current guidance.

Meanwhile 2 more weeks of this here. At least the trend is upward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭adocholiday

48 degrees I would probably die. My ideal temperature is low to mid 20s I've absolutely no interest in heat but I imagine 48 is beyond the tolerance of even the most ardent of sun lovers! Meanwhile it's 14 degrees in a very cold in Wicklow which is also not my favourite June weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

It was 26C with cloud and sun today in Vienna. Thunder and lighting at the moment. Spoilt I am.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a fairly wet and cold evening here in Meath with heavy showers. Have heating on as well for the first time in quiet a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Dry and bright in Galway today. I think the first week in June has been quite nice.

Again it's all about the rainfall for me. Hardly any rain so far after a dry June. I will survive the perishing cold.

Mace Head = 1.4mm (it was 0.2mm yesterday)

Dunsany = 0.3mm

Oak Park = 1mm

Roches Point = 0.3mm

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Sligo 19.8mm

Chilly morning. Blast of heat needed. 8c N Kildare

Hopefully stays dry(Forecasted to) and get the garden cut at some stage this morning

• Advertisement

Very hard to see where the warmth is coming from this June. 8c forecast for London on Monday. If it was Winter it would be 2010 esque with heights over Greenland and cool Arctic air plunged over us. Last June had IMT 16c this year will be 13c at best at this rate. Surely July will warm up. At least rainfall has decreased nationwide even though we are still getting a fair bit here in NW.

12c now as it has most of June. 7 days in now and Sligos highest temperature so far this month and "Summer" is 16c.

This could end up being the most notable cold spell since either 2018 or 2010 in terms of duration and depth of cold considering the time of year. Between now and June 16th most places are unlikely to see much past 14C with most places staying in the 10 to 13C range, thats a very prolonged spell of colder than average temperatures, the sort of thing we look for every winter and never get. There will have to have a serious warm up in the final 10 days of June if June is to finish up milder than average.

Midday in Scotland in June.

It's kinda funny.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Presume to the low figures (like 1c) are mountain tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭crusd

I always feel a cool start to June often preceeds a good summer overall. Will put that theory to the test this year. Based off my memory of 1995

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭appledrop

I really don't mind this weather if it means that July and August are beautiful 😎.

In saying that I'd still take this chilly but relatively dry weather over last July.

That was just atrocious think it rained something like 28 of 31 days.

At least the kids are still I'm school and we got two beautiful bank holiday weekends in May & June so everyone got to enjoy that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭appledrop

Today is actually a bit warmer here than last few days about 16 degrees rather than 13.

Last June had a max of approx 10c more than this June in the NW. Finner currently 12c and Sligo 12.6c. Last year was 22c most days and didn't go below 18c until after 20th. Lumps of cloud here too today so not even sun. 🙄

Tomorrow and weekend will be bright and cold again at least.

Ya I know most of 1c temperature readings are on mountains in Scotland but some of the 9c and 10c aren't.

If it stays this cold too long it's very bad for the Arctic coz its warm up there and hence could have ramifications for us in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’ve been in low 40s in Italy and loved every second of it. I’d be happy enough with 48c 😎

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

Your body wouldn't. Anything over 38c and you'd be at serious risk of heat exhaustion/stroke for any amount of time spent in uncovered(or even covered) area's with exposure to the Sun

Advertisement