Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The word Frunk. It’s the “front trunk” on a Tesla apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

listening to some goober on the radio, "this is the warmest may in recorded history" ask me bollix…fecking heating is still on! who comes up with this type of rubbish?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

My TA is that they don't mention when the records began…

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Well if you really wanted that job, all you have to do is move"

Lady, we have 10k+ homeless (how do you not know this) tell me exactly the coordinates to where there is an available, affordable and liveable flat in the Dublin area.

So many ta's I can't even start. But I will, I have a thumping headache dealing with ppl like this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

I hear ya, albeit with a slightly tilted head, i too suffer wonky ear syndrome.

I don't wear glasses, so not too noticable, and i dont wear sunglasses for this reason, it becomes very obvious if i do.

My TA that since the elections became live in recent weeks, ive contacted four seperate local candidates to ask their thoughts on certain local issues. Not one of them has replied.

What is the point of sticking a massive picture of yourself to a lamppost in every possible public place if you don't want to engage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The sheer number of candidate leaflets I've put straight into the recycling bin.

Has anyone, in the history of democracy, ever looked at one of these and thought, "Yes, this is exactly the type of gombeen I want representing me in Europe/on the council!"?

I also had a shinner try to corner me as I was leaving the house on bank holiday Monday ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The Charlie boy in England parading about with WWII veterans wearing a suit full of medals . Like he led the charge on D Day

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

There should be a sticker sent out to every house or something you could print off that you stick on your door or front window and canvasers then have to stay away from your house. I did a home made sign once, but as the elections got nearer the politicians just ignored it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Or if they must deliver door-to-door, just produce a booklet with ALL the candidates, one drop would suffice then.

My TA: averaging well over 20K steps a day in work because of those bastarding election leaflets (three lots to do in two days straight after a bank holiday), and my long-term hip complaint is starting to flare up again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On public competitions there used to be a big notice at the bottom of the application form that read "Canvassing will disqualify". I can't see why this should be any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I was surprised by that too! I have definitely experienced warmer months of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I have one of those. They just ignore it. It really annoys me.

When you go to edit a post and it is no longer available ??

Also people talking about birds . I don’t know the difference between most of them . Swallows , Thurshs ? I do remember working in a shed and mammy bird teaching baby how to fly . Basically drop baby from a height and make them flap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those bastard corks attached to milk cartons etc now. I just rip them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fcuking doctors faffing about for 2 solid weeks on an operation on my 94 yr old grandmother. I understand the caution, she's incredibly high risk. But fcuk me, she's been left dosed up on high levels of pain medication for too long now. Just do the operation, we all know the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Taylor Swift this, Taylor Swift that……..

Swifties day ! Taylorettes.

who comes up with this sh**e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cornered last night by some leaflet droppers who had the candidate with them, candidate asked me if I could vote in the area(I cant) and if there were any outstanding issues about the community they should be aware of.

So I list off the domestic concerns ppl in the immediate area have told me about, these issues were brushed off as having been addressed in the "well-attended community meeting", the not at all ta is that the area is known for having elderly and hearing impaired individuals.

So solution to the problems in the area is to attend /speak at a meeting they wouldn't hear a word of, got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

At 7.55, a very peaceful, sedate, quiet and relaxing morning is interrupted by a large furniture delivery vehicle pulling up outside my neighbours. The little noisy melt of a weirdo answers the door, instead of going to meet the lads delivering or waiting for them to approach, she proceeds to roar from her door out to them on the street whatever information or instructions she has for them..in as usual her most comedic faux posho affectations.( she’s originally from finglas )

There are multiple vehicles passing, and the delivery fellas are operating a tail lift on the truck so the chance of them hearing her is absolutely ZERO but the taxpayers paying for her college education didn’t get her over the line in certain base levels of intelligence….so she keeps roaring, ever louder. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 just feet away from my room. 🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm on a walk in the woods and I don't know if I'm on the loop around path or the dead end one.

So, I'm a little lost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If you go down to the wood today you're sure for a big surprise - bring a compass and help a boardsie out!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That people have made a hero out of a dangerous lunatic and made Killdozer Day a thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I cannot understand that at all. Wow. Learning this today probably qualifies as my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

When a body is discovered and they say on the news it was found by a dog walker. Stop taking the credit walker, the dog found it, you just called the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two:

When your phone automatically updates and there is a change, however miniscule (the font may have ever so slightly reduced in height or tone), but noticeable enough for it to be annoying.

There has been a cow, or more than one cow, bellowing in the field adjacent to me for at least two nights now. Shut the eff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Oh that made me laugh so hard!! Wrong thread I know but trivially happy there!!!

My TA - I've to go into a meeting and my pain meds haven't kicked in yet, I'm not in the mood!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

When an app crashes during a process and buries a permanent 'temp' file in a secret location that takes up gigs of memory on your PC!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

The sun that brings out middle aged and older men in their droves mowing, strimming, blowing and generally turning everything inside and outside their precious gardens into a sterile wasteland for pollinators.

Advertisement