Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

When I was at school, there was a history teacher who'd been in the RAF for real, during the BoB.

It was easy to get him reminiscing about his time there, and we'd sit back with our feet up…

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the next half an hour we will have tales from D-Day of people who nobody other than relatives know or care about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

It was a suspiciously random namecheck alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

yes I have definite concerns about Revolut, don’t have that much money in it compared to my regular bank. I posted about how it suffered an inside hacking job where the results were dealt with on Liveline. It’s being investigated in cybersecurity circles. It has a few problems re security.

Ha ha, how many bodies were put in the grave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭shearforce

Stardust

Dublin Bombings

World War 2

what next…?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

Bingo: fire engine turntable ladder

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Re female aviators, I saw some very interesting statistics concerning female versus male airline pilots. Females have more accidents starting out, but when qualified and experienced have far far less.

we had a teacher who was an athletics coach for the Irish 1984 and 1988 Olympics team. once the Olympics were mentioned he could not help himself but talk about them for the rest of the class

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Lord HawHaw made better wartime radio than this muck.

• Advertisement

Irish wimminz in WW2, another poke in the run for the Aras.

It's very convenient for Joe's live commentary that D-Day was over by 3pm.

no one cares about your buke, or anyones bukes !!

Wonder if there were Irish women amongst the ferry pilots, delivering fighters and bombers to the front-line airfields.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My god can this one take a breath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

I had a Pirate Radio DJ maths teacher. Music was his favourite topic.

Anther teacher was sentenced to death for his part in de Emergency. Dev allowed him to live here afterwards. De less said de better.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

He does; he saw them play The Point on their Bad Medicine tour.

mother’s first cousin Maurizzio Pardi was Italy’s version of Lord Haw Haw with signature call “Hello Bunny”, became a spy in Moscow too, multi linguist and had no “foreign accent” in any of the languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What's striking to me is that none of these women married. There was one, the woman who had a close wartime relation or whatever term Joe called it, she married someone but it ended almost as quickly. Maybe they were damaged emotionally from the war.

Rose Dugdale in the sand dunes machine gunning the brave allies.

• Advertisement

Ring in and tell Joe that he was Bunny Stop the Lights Carr”

Dev was tenant of my grandparents in Donnybrook, who kept his American birth cert under the stairs and my grandfaaader and Mrs Dev brought cert to Frank Aiken in a pram during curfew, where he was standing outside the American consulate in Adelaide Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You could hear Joe scrambling frantically through his notes as he thought Peter was on to talk about The D Day Dodgers, except he's not.

more holes in this story than a block of swiss cheese

I’d say when Joe is retired or gone to his reward there will be years of playbacks of Liveline on de telly with commentary by the good and the great. It will form an ongoing TV series a bit like Reeling in the Years. It’s quite a documentary on certain aspects of Irish life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"…should I give Joe Duffy a call ?…"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Quite. Someone seriously wounded on D-Day wouldn't end up in a Paris hospital. Unless he was actually a German, of course.

the Dee Day dodgers including Ryan Tubridy & Dee herself

go on Joe, mention dat Ryan studied there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

DEE DEY DOGERSIS

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Advertisement