Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭helper1989

thank you

hello. Has anyone received snagging invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KJ2023

hi , yes I’m row 28-34 and I got an email on Monday that I can start snagging from next week!

that’s great, thank you.

looking at emails now, I also have an email!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DoctorRV

Is it the EA who sends email or the foreman ?

They don’t call ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I was up on site this morning and got to speak with Joe. Asked him if he could give me a rough idea of how things were going. He said tarmac crew were booked in for the 10th July so that should see the road done then, any paving should be finished before that. He said they hoped to have the first lot of people in before they finish up on the 19th of July with the rest in by the end of August. Now, all this should be taken with a pinch (well maybe fistful) of salt as times given before did not match expectations. But that's the latest update I have for everyone.

thank you for the detailed update. Hoping and wishing that timelines are met this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 06750931

That's a 9 day window....chances look slim for anyone to be in I'd say.........

• Advertisement

Well technically 6 days working and half on Saturday i.e. if they work Sat. I’d say you’re right. Be surprised if anyone goes in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irnd

Thank you for the update. Does anyone know if this applies to the 4-bed detached houses too? I have been trying to organize a viewing and Joe said site is closed for concrete and 2nd fixing till July 10th.

It's the 19th of July. The builder's holidays are from the 20th of July so that's the time he was saying the first lot would be in by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 najra

Last time I checked with EA by the end of May and they said for now they snag Dunluce type houses only and they don't have dates for Kilshaning type.

No-one can go in until the road is ready. If they are tarmacing on the 10th it doesn't give people much time, drawing down, valuations etc. Unless they call earlier but how can they if the road is not done?...I would imagine the banks won't pay out till there is a road..Its all very up in the air...painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lch2023

Agree it’s a pain, feels like there is progress then we hit another roadblock (excuse the pun) ☹️ wishful thinking but maybe they can have the houses ready to go and give notice for drawdown just before the road is done and do it concurrently 🤞 fyi we were able to do our valuation already with aib no issues

assume no one has heard back since their first snag? We submitted our report 2 weeks ago and nothing yet

Oh I must get the valuation sorted so for next week good to know. No no word after snagging, same snagged 2 weeks ago.

As far as I know, there is only one guy doing the snag for each house, so I don't expect it to be a quick process.

Good day y’all 👋 Is anyone 13-27 getting called for snagging yet ?

hi all,

Any one called for a second snag?

would anyone know if the road works have progressed?

I checked with the bank regarding valuation and they said that the roadwork, lighting etc needs to be complete before the valuation can be carried out. This would be followed by home insurance before a drawdown can be carried out.

• Advertisement

No nothing...I'd imagine no-one will be in until August at this stage...its 4 weeks to the 19th June, I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GG_AZ

Hey Folks,

I am between 43 and 48

It got snagged recently and the snagger came with 124 issues. If I summarise the issue mainly with the cleaning and finishing the things, that’s that.

I had a word with Joe the other day - so he might be looking into getting a few people moving before the 11th of July, of course, those have roads in front of their house done.

But I must say he is a great person - I had many questions about chimneys, the heating system, fittings… He had a good time explaining everything and is trying to get things done ASAP.

hi @GG_AZ - thanks for sharing your experience. We are in the same row and had the exact same experience.

Hi

What numbers is he hoping to move in before the 11th of July?

hi. Does anyone know the dimensions for fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave and washing machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 najra

I recommend to go to Telfords they will give you initial quote with appliances matching. We've done this with recommendation from Joe as we also wanted to know domesions etc. And Geraldine know very well which one will fit to all houses on Maryborough. On the quote you will have appliance ref numbers which you can use to check on the internet. We personally will buy all of them from Telfords 😊

thank you so much for this!

would you be comfortable sharing the measurements? Appreciate that you may not want to since it may have personal information.

has anyone received a recent update from EA or Joe with regards to roadworks and second snag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lch2023

I’d love if there was but based on what others have said I am not expecting any major updates until the tarmac is laid in 2 weeks. I haven’t seen a visible difference on the site in a long time. However if I do get any update I will post in in the thread

Advertisement