Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

I know this comment is a week or more old but I don't check in here as often since a certain poster was transferred to the ban list.

You clearly have a major problem with the royal family, and rightly so. Any modern nation who has a head of state, nominal or not, decided by birthright should immediately look at themselves and change the record. Even worse when in Britain's case said German inbreds are landowners and wealth magnets on a scale Genghis Khan could only relate to.

However, and this is my point, support for 2 idiotic grifters like Harry and Meghan, just because they are damaging the royal family is not helpful. By all means get rid of monarchies but blind support for those two numpties, seemingly on the basis that my enemies enemies are my friend is foolish to say the least.

In a normally functioning society both megs + Harry + the royal family would have been condemned to the scrapheap a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Spend more time on the soccer forum then. You're like a pro Glazer Utd fan ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Spend more time on the soccer forum

Can't. Lost a bet about 15 years ago. The forfeit was who ever lost no longer posted in the forum.

And I haven't since.

Now there's some principles we need more of. Fair play, a person of their word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

While we’re waiting on Meaghans jams to materialise - I can’t recommend these jams and chutneys enough-The Birds and the Teas- bought a jam and chutney recently and they were both brilliant - Louth based I believe - must drop over to the food forum and post there too.

@Meaghan Markle- look what’s happening in your jam absence- Irish jams are taking over the world 🤪

Happy BH everyone - hope you have a pleasant time whatever you’re up to
    https://www.thebirdsandtheteas.ie/shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭backwards_man

Now that's how you do jam!! (and chutney) What a tasty looking selection and all Irish. Thanks for sharing the link, I am going to order some.

Just after a scone for breakfast with rockin raspberry on it- very nice indeed- I also recommend the tomato and chilli chutney- I think I’ll stock up on a selection of those chutneys in my next purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The deranged Sussex squad have now turned their attention to Sean Ono Lennon who has been getting harassment and even death threats for daring to make a light hearted comment about how Harrys book should be called "Spare Me". They are more than happy to dish out abuse whilst simultaneously claiming that Harry and Meghan are the most persecuted people in existence. Just bizarre they way they go on, and not a peep from Harry and Meghan about what people are doing on their behalf

https://x.com/seanonolennon/status/1797769597485203604

Watching the D-Day 80th commemoration ceremony from Bayeaux this evening - what brave men. And Princess Anne did a super job of leading the ceremony.
    How the hell did it end up with Harry and Andrew and the state of the two of them. They need to take a leaf out of their Aunt and sisters book - no doubt Meaghan will try and upstage with another Jam reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Has anyone seem any updates on the mysterious case of the unknown 47 jams?

I'm sure this disinterest wasn't what Meghan envisaged when she was making up the baskets.

Nadda- I’d say given how few people actually publicised the jam, that they ran out of willing promotors. The promotions themselves were also very artificial with Meaghan likely directing behind the camera.

It’s an extraordinary piss poor social media marketing campaign and I’d say whatever good will and support was developed at the start has waned now- that’s a terrible waste of money.

I reckon there’s probably supply issues, contract / pricing issues etc with her desired suppliers- that should all have been in place before the marketing began to allow them to have a few weeks of teasers followed by a big bang opening after gaining loads of followers.

She only had jam- where are all the other products that were hinted at?

She’s probably dumped this idea into the pile of other abandoned projects and is now on to something else

Meaghans in a jam apparently 😀- love these filler stories when there’s no real news but obviously the jam promotion hasn’t gone down particularly well and indeed there do appear to be other issues that I mentioned above - I’d say also the shooting of the Netflix cooking show is probably delaying things too

https://www.skynews.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity-life/it-is-not-moving-forward-meghan-markles-new-business-american-riviera-orchard-already-in-trouble-after-jam-fiasco/news-story/d76dc6f1a5c0e6928cc87ba0654211df?amp&nk=1671054b015ac632dd6c6ae4541595ae-1717689201

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Karppi

It seems to me that Meghan thinks that her name and 'title', "Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex", is enough to cause a stampede to buy what she's offering, wear what she wears, drink what she drinks (The Tig), use whatever bronzer she uses, etc but isn't willing to put in the hard graft to set up a venture that is going to succeed. IIRC, less than ten numbered jams out of the supposed 50 gained any sort of comment - well, actually in one or two cases there was no comment - and in a few of the others we got varied orgasmic responses from a few "close friends" with the added benefit of examining Nacho's dental caries at close quarters

It's around 10 am in Montecito so I'm expecting some sort of puff piece to appear shortly in an attempt to counter the Royal Family's attendance and involvement in the D-Day commemorations.

would she be mad enough to do that? The tabloids would slate her in my view if she even appeared to try and do self publicity today.
    I know Harry has been photographed at US commemorative events in the past - it’s likely he’ll issue something today I d be surprised if he didn’t - likely in conjunction with US military or else photos at some war memorial - he actually would have been a great person to represent the RF at the 80th commemoration considering his military service but that was Harry 2016 pre- Meaghan not Harry 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Remember they brought the TV crew to film them at a military cemetery in the states when the RF was doing the annual thingy (day of commemoration?)?

• Advertisement

I'd have a lot more time for "Old" Harry if I thought he had genuinely served in the military. I think he was closely guarded and not allowed into any dangerous or difficult situations.

I base this opinion in part on an old incident, way back in 2004. He was in Argentina and created such a massive problem for the Argentinian Security Service that they asked the UK Ambassador to "restrain" and "control" Harry. Of course, at the time, Harry was wrapped in the caring blanket of the Buckingham Palace PR team. Their spin was strong for this person.

He was, and probably always will be, a troublesome character

it would look like such a “look at me” effort if he publishes something like that again today

“The reports of the prince carousing at local bars were denied both by local government officials in Argentina and by the palace.”

I wonder was there a pub car park copulation incident in Argentina too😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I don't follow them but what is the story with Kate being sick? I feel really bad for her. Must bring perspective to the 'royal family' no?

They need to move with the times. The Monarchy is over. I personally hated Harry originally but leaving the Royal Family was exactly what he should have done Meghan or no Meghan. He made a bold move. He may be playing into a fantasy of doing what his dad should have done for Diana but somewhere deep down he wanted to leave. Yes they still want to make money and are probably going to get caught up in other shiny crap like the Netflix doc or whatever or branding themselves. These people are actually human beings.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They've put out yet another puff piece about how they totally were invited to the wedding of Harry's old friend, Hugh Grosvenor, but they decided not to go. This despite the fact that Grosvenor already confirmed to the times that they weren't inviting Harry and Meghan so as to avoid any awkward situations with various people they no longer speak to.

I think this must really be bothering them that they feel the need to keep bringing it up and insisting that it was their choice not to attend. Considering they are already trying to make the wedding all about them, and have been doing it for months now, I'm sure the bride and groom are happy with their decision to not invite them. I wonder what they will do to overshadow the actual big day

It would be nice if both of them actually behaved like decent human beings as you allude to instead of entitled spoilt brats - if they want to leave the RF fine- go- but it’s obvious at this stage that they had no intention of a quiet life and all they’ve done since leaving is complain about their families.

Im terms of Kate she’s recovering from cancer and hopefully will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭valoren

We're not going because we don't want to cause any drama surrounding the wedding. Also, here is a puff piece from one of our sources about all the drama surrounding the wedding. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Well it's a very complex situation. Alot of fans/outside folks are loving it and playing into the hype which also has an impact. How do you leave a business that is also emeshed with your family and your and your families identity?...where it is not clear or defined that it is in fact a business and there's no boundaries?

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Advertisement

People do it all the time - leave the family business- but they don’t make 10s of millions of pounds b1tching about thief family as a way of making a living now do they? Hmmm?
    not that complex at all - have a few million and not b1tch about our families or 10s of millions and b1tch about them - oh decisions decisions

Advertisement