Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Wnd massing on it's borders? You do realize how much land Israel has stolen and just how little land palestinians are packed onto.

They could not get away from the borders if they wanted. Unless they went out to sea where Israels gunships will just shoot then

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

That guy is ex Mossad, he's a loon who has appeared on with Piers Morgan,Abby Martin destroyed him during one particular appearance

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

That was meant to reflect on the 'Israel started the 6 days war' meme here. They fired the first shots, but they were surrounded by sabre-rattling enemies.

Nor can Israel get away from its enemies, either.

Well if an election is held soon, Israelis can prove they aren't extremist by throwing out Bibi

The Israeli electorate is given far too easy of a ride for the choices they have made down the years

Only Palestinians are scolded for ballot box choices

No, I think there's been plenty of grief about Israeli elections on this site for some time.

• Advertisement

No, I didn't say that at all. I've never said that. I simply stated that this did not begin on October 7th. It escalated. Something else I've said plenty of times I've never excused anything Hamas have done or any violence perpetuated by them. What I have done is offered a bit of context, a little history and some of the hard facts that lead us to that day.

I've given numerous examples of violence that predate this in the weeks and month prior to OCtober 7. I've detailed the 6-7000 dead Palestinians at the hands of Israel in the years prior compared to the 308 Israelis. I've detailed the many more injured. I've detailed the many thousands that were made refugees.

If you want to keep ignoring this then go on, but claiming October 7th is the beginning of all this is just the height of ignorance at best.

I meant in international commentary, constant comments about people in Gaza voting Hamas etc , no hard questions of the Israeli electorate

Oct 7 led to this 'intensification' that can end with release of hostages and agreement to the ceasefire. With thousands of rockets launched from Gaza and elsewhere long before Oct 7, and acts of violence on all sides ongoing till today, there's no way Oct 7 was the start. I don't think I've ever claimed it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

go on keep going, what intensification led to October 7?

Ill give you a hint it didn’t just happen on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

RTE website wasted no time in reporting a few hours ago on a Houthi military spokesman claiming a number of strikes on the port of Haifa despite no evidence and carrying no updates of denials by Israel. Shoddy reporting at best.

• Advertisement

Post edited by Weepsie on

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

More absolute guff from pro-Israeli posters. Don't Start Wars, what nonsense. How about Western nations stop making stupid decisions that guarantee wars. Western powers made decisions on what should happen in the middle-east whilst gaslighting, plain lying, sidelining and completely ignoring the locals in all decisions and are shocked when their Western decisions are not accepted. I mean why should the wishes of the local population matter when the Western powers are involved?

The only people who bothered to ask the Arabs what they would like to see happen in the Middle East after WW1 were ironically the Americans with the King-Crane commission, the results of which rejected the creation of a Jewish state as almost the entire Middle-East opposed it, and the commission highlighted how any such state would guarantee wars if it happened. But hey, those ridiculous Arabs should just accept whatever the Western powers dictate and behave themselves, right? No grandeur ideas like democracy or self-determination for those stupid Arabs, Western interests take precedent.

As for Arab infighting, anyone else notice there is an ongoing war in Europe right now, or how about that affair that was ongoing in the Balkans some 30 years or that conflict that lasted in NI for 30 years or that huge war of which part of is being commemorated today. Who the hell are we as Europeans to be lecturing about Arab infighting. The main difference being European wars were all self inflicted, no Arabs telling us what to do or deciding where our borders should be or creating countries out of nothing for people who do not even live on the same continent. Every European conflict has been a results of European stupidity, every war in the middle-east has been more or less as a result of Western interference, particularly post WW1.

Don't start wars, yeah nobody has been better starting wars than Europeans even when it does not concern them. The Israel-Palestine situation was created by European powers for European Zionists with zero input from the people that mattered, the native population and has gone exactly as was predicted from 100 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

buh buh buh Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and Christian’s and gays are allowed to live with Jews in their ancestral homeland that predates Carthage (it’s in the bible)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

The double standards are appalling, makes a mockery of everything Biden say's about Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Irish history should have taught you, if you suppress, degrade, humiliate, starve, kill a population then a small select few will fight back, Hamas exists because of Israeli actions. They got elected in nearly 20 yrs ago and they hold power with the gun, and you think that palestian people are responsible for what Hamas do. You've some warped twisted views.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bibi isn’t bombing women and children by the tens of thousands for the sake of gay and womens rights. Not that you give a ****.

Look at the population growth in Gaza, it's over 2 million now, only a small fraction are actually dying.

There has only been false accusations of rape but no actual proof. Hamas are doing their best to spread these type of rumours.

The next time Hamas call around to their home to ask to stay as guests or burrow a tunnel underneat. They can tell hamas to go f**k off, and they won't be dying for their stupid cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

It gets better; there are accusations and convictions for rape in Israel. Someone else posted a link to some data site gathered under Freedom of Information requests.

Things that only happen under democratic states - FOI requests responded to. Accusations, convictions, incarcerations - done by a justice system.

Gaza? West Bank? Most Muslim countries? Not so much.

The irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Israel are mutilating and murdering tens of thousands of men, women and children, destroying all civilian infrastructure and deliberately starving hundreds of thousands of people. The ramifications for the civilian population will last decades in terms of physical and psychological impacts. Only psychotic goons can try to rationalise and defend it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

but but but but 7th October. Dirty animals

Hamas needs to agree to the ceasefire for all this to stop.

Agh so Netanyahu shouldn't have got out of bed on the 7th, only 1k died out of 9.5m.

No actual proof those rapes didn't happen. So let's get the icc in and court cases moving. The quicker the good guys can prosecute the IDF the better.

They can, and they'll get a bullet in the head. Remember hamas are terrorists, we all agree on that. With time we will hopefully agree the IDF and Netanyahu belong there too. Amazing you can ignore all the evidence on this thread, I suppose that's how alot of Germans in WW2 managed as well.

"No actual proof those rapes didn't happen. So let's get the icc in and court cases moving. The quicker the good guys can prosecute the IDF the better."

Ehh? Can't prove a negative. You need to prove crimes happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The Nazi's came to power through an election, which to this day the Germans, to their credit take responsibility for. They have a word for it, 'Kollektivschuld' which stands for Collective Shame.

The Palestinians voted for and supported en mass a reactionary fascist political group whose primary aim is to destroy the state of Israel and kill all the Jews in the Southern Levant.

To say they bear no responsibility at all, not even a small bit, is not based on reality nor truth.

You can't divorce this support from that fact and then try and claim Hamas are totally devoid of mainstream Palestinians when Hamas are almost totally made up of Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ElitesTeam

"No actual proof those rapes didn't happen".

All palatines are Hamas. There's no proof there not

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

ironically the Americans with the King-Crane commission, the results of which rejected the creation of a Jewish state as almost the entire Middle-East opposed it

Anti-Semitism runs and has run very deep in the Arab world. Thanks for highlighting this, as it existed long before Israel as a state existed.

Why do you think that would stop the killing of babies ? Netanyahu said he's not agreeing to the deal until all babies are dead.

Edit.. I mean Hamas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

What percentage of the vote did Hamas receive?

Advertisement