Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

thanks for that quick replies.

Once I know everyone else is the same I’ll just get on with it.

I will give red matter 2 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So even after spending a hape of money on Synth Riders, I'm just not feeling it. It's ok. Beat Saber is far better imo, the act of cutting is better than just holding I think. Pity Beat Games dropped the ball on console editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Yeah I haven't gone back to it much since I bought it on sale. It's only okay. Very poor trophy list too so doesn't keep you coming back for more.

Beat Saber far superior even with the frame drops during red walls.

Pistol Whip better than both.

Sushi Ben out on the 28th. Looks like great craic.

Hopefully it and Wanderer are as good as they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Good few games being added to ps+ this month.

PS VR2 games

(Available on June 6 for Premium members)

Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord

Walkabout Mini Golf

Synth Riders

Before Your Eyes

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2

• Advertisement

Twas bound to happen after I caved on the most expensive version of Synth Riders. Ghostbusters seems geared towards co-op so meh. Have Walkabout and Chapter 1 of Saints and Sinners, so will give Chapter 2 a spin. I enjoyed the short bit of 1 I played, but couldn't get into it. Think the timer annoyed me. Would prefer to have gone at my own pace. Before Your Eyes has an interesting mechanic, but I seriously doubt the story will interest me in the slightest so can't see my playing too much of it. Hope S&S2 is good!

I wonder if this is the start of adding PSVR2 games to Premium going forward, or just a Days of Play thing. Six is a lot to start with, but I'd be happy with 1 or 2 a month going forward too. Would definitely get me to play more of them and maybe guarantee a day 1 purchase for sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Walkabout Mini Golf is just a joy. Cant get enough of it. I own all the DLC courses and try to improve my scores constantly. Worth every penny.

I have The Walking Deads also. The games look amazing and the mechanics of driving a knife / axe into a zombies head are top drawer. Im just not into gathering and crafting in any game. If you dont mind that they are top quality games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think it's their effort to get a few games available to shift units. If you buy it now you get 6-7 games out of the box so it makes it a bit more appealing

On Sale for PS Plus. Down from 29.99 euro to 19.49. Really enjoyed it. Great to see full campaign games like this in VR.

PSVR2 on PC moving closer.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-submits-playstation-vr2-pc-adapter-for-certification

Sony has submitted a PlayStation VR2 PC adapter for certification in South Korea as it looks to bring its virtual reality headset to more platforms.

• Advertisement

State of Play tomorrow with updates on PSVR2 titles.

Hopefully Behemoth, Metro and Astro Bot(heavily rumoured new game won't be in VR).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

PCVR launching on 7th August. You'll need to buy a €60 adapter and display port cable to connect to PC then set up with PSVR app and Steam VR app.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/06/03/playstation-vr2-players-can-access-games-on-pc-with-adapter-starting-on-august-7/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Steam games only? Lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Hopefully they'll be made available on ps store and I might actually use the headset😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

There's a catch though:

"PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you’ll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC"

Deeper look at a 45 minute psvr2 demo of Behemoth. Shows start of the game, some combat and scale of the setting / 1st Behemoth boss so if you dont want to know anything dont watch. I dont think it gives away too much though. Worth watching. Game looks excellent.

I didn't get too far into that video, but it makes me want to play it so I'm happy to leave it there and get this when it's out. Looks good.

• Advertisement

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/gaming-and-tech/virtual-reality/playstation-vr2/playstation-vr2-accessories/stealth-charge-and-store-station-for-playstation-vr2/p/228179

Nice compact looking Stealth charge stand.

Discounted to 12.99 in Smyths.

Good reviews.

Edit: the comfort kit and carry case also discounted. 4 and 6 euro respectively.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who owned the 1st gen PSVR, and who thought it was pretty good but eventually lost interest in it, how does the Gen2 compare?

Is It vastly superior? A game changer? Or do you think it'll also become a dust gatherer for many owners?

Dust gatherer at the moment. It's a massive step up from 1, and has features that PCVR doesn't have (at that price point), but it's lacking support and must play games. Horizon looks amazing but is a climbing simulator from my bit of play (climbing in VR is not fun, stop making us do it). It's been waiting for an Astro game, or Rescue mission remake, but nadda. The upcoming Behemoth does look interesting though. And it has some pretty good games, but still nothing mind blowing or must have, or even new ideas.

Even though I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, I couldn't recommend picking one up unless you really, really want one. PC support may change that, but I'm gonna assume most people who have a PS5 don't also have a VR capable gaming pc too. If you're in no rush, I'd wait for it to either become popular enough that they start making PSVR2 games, or until it's nearly forgotten about and you can get it cheap with a hopefully somewhat decent back catalogue at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Just want to second everything in this post. It could, and should be brilliant, just not enough killer games to justify it right now.

Its baffling how badly theyve handled it.

Hopefully Firesprite are making GoT VR or something but wouldn't hold me breath. Seems like Sony have all but dropped out of supporting it or trying to get big games on it like Alyx, Boneworks or Asgards Wrath.

Quest getting exclusives like Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham Shadows isn't helping either.

Hopefully this year's big games left Alien Rogue Incursion, Behemoth, Wanderer and Metro Awakening are great.

From what I've been playing lately I've been loving. Walkabout Mini Golf, Moss Book II and even gone back to the excellent Synapse.

Picked up GunClubVR for PSVR2 seeing as it was cheap. 4 CTD's and dodgy collision, my torso kept rotating and in general felt bad. Disappointing.

https://www.roadtovr.com/astro-bot-no-psvr-2-port-coming/

"We’re focusing 100% on PS5,” Doucet told Digital Trends. “Rescue Mission was great fun to make. Every medium has its strong points. In the case of a third-person game, whether you work on TV or VR is radically different. This idea that we could add a VR mode is not applicable to this kind of game. 

Just in case anyone was thinking there might be a VR mode. Team Asobi studio head has said not for Astro Bot PS5.

• Advertisement

KayakVR available now for PS+ Premium members.

Advertisement