Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7A €239.99 when you switch to 3 PAYG (not Vodafone!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

Fantastic bargain. Unlocked Pixel as always?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭romperstomper

There is no other kind of pixel

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sunjava

It doesn't have fast charge capabilities, once you've had it you can't do without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's 18w which is 2 ish hrs to 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Would I notice much of an improvement over my Pixel 3a? And does it still come with free Google Photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Pixel 3a?

The National Museum of Ireland would live to hear from you.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've a Poco f4. Camera seems ok, and it's got 67w charging. Anyone use them both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

At a glance at the Poco it will be a faster phone, better screen, faster charging etc. Pixel is smaller lighter, stock android, OIS (optical stabilization) and google camera software. Very different phones.

Online if you don't change your number over it reverts to the higher price. Will they let you buy a €20 sim in store and buy for the lower price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭ooter

If I buy a new sim from tesco can I then switch straight over to 3 to get the offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Ive one of these with three, on a work account. I got it for free so I don't know about value I haven't been paying for phones for years but it's every bit as good as the Samsung it replaced. I think I'll stay with pixel phones now if they're available. It's my first I have it about a year.

I really don't get people buying flagship phones for 1000 euro.

I manage the phone account in work for about 60 mobiles and I only take whatever handsets three will give us for no additional charge over and above contract price, and they're perfectly fine.

Usually last year's mid range phones

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

You'll notice a massive difference.

You don't get the free Google photos back up. But keep the 3a and transfer your photos to that and back them up for free from it.

Did you pick up the SIM card on tesco just before you bought the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

I got this earlier in week but havent switched it over yet. smaller screen size take bit of getting used to as have redmi note pro which is good bit bigger. Disappointed if it doesnt have fast charge as my redmi had 67W fast charge which is very good. This doesnt come with a 3 pin plug either only a usb c to c cable. there is some sort of adaptor in box so might allow connect6 to regular usb plug.

I ordered a sim off vodafone site at no charge and once they delivered was able to port over the number so didnt have to waste any money on sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Yes it was purchased a few hours prior. Just make sure you have the sim working in a phone as they need to send a text to verify the number

Do you have a link to apply for a free VF sim card?

Google only brings up the UK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pick any of the SIM only PAYG plans. They'll ask for card details at checkout but that's just for verification, no money is taken and you don't have to top up to port to Three.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans.html

I ordered an esim from Vodafone and the Pixel 7a from Three in about 15min. Thanks op.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Sorry for the ignorance..so could I order one of those and use my 48 sim? I'm guessing no,..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

ah…i was happy with my €50 Nokia from vodafone i got a couple of years ago. Now i need to get this as its a great bargain.

Does anybody know what version of android is it running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

How did you order an esim?? I can't see it on Vodafone website.....how much was it?

@RobertFoster provided a link a few posts up, if you go in to that and select a plan you get an option to order an esim.

Thanks ,didn't see that. Is there a recurring cost of €20 a month though by ordering that esim?

no. All free. The plan you choose is applied to the account. It's up to you to top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’ve registered with Vodafone. When Did you get a number ?

Im trying to set up the esim....I've scanned the qr code...now it saying "you should have a verification code from Vodafone IE. Enter the code to set up your esim"......I've received no code.

Edit-got it in the email

Post edited by R11 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Not a fan of Pixel 7a design personally, so I am not going to get it (thanks though, OP). However, the eSIM tip from Vodafone is great. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Forgive the stupidity but just want to check this is the way to do it.

Order a esim from Vodafone, use that new number when ordering the phone from 3 and then once you get the new phone just throw in your existing SIM and all done

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

wheres the option to an order an esim ? does it come in the email ?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

Yes,order the esim. Then you'll get an email saying your esim has been provisioned. It has a link to retrieve esim details..there's a code you'll need in those details. Add your esim,use the code and activate your esim. Then you'll get a text message with your new Vodafone number,use that number when ordering the 7a. 3 will text a verification code to that number. Then place your order.

Pixels are unlocked so you can use any SIM

Advertisement