Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are some actors treated like gods?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Suit of Wolves

I don't know. I just know that I like watching so and so, and that I don't like watching certain other so and so's. It's kind of hard to know if I like them because they're good at acting, or if they're just playing themselves. Just because some acting is difficult to pull off doesn't mean it's more entertaining.

I liked watching Fassbender is 'Shame' and 'Fish Bowel'. I liked Costner in '3,000 Miles to Graceland'. I liked Burt Reynolds in 'Hustle'. I liked Cillian Murphy in 'The Delinquent Season'. I liked Nicholas Cage in 'Matchstick Men' and '8MM'. I liked Simon Baker in 'The Mentalist'. And I liked Hopkins in 'Fracture' and 'The Edge'.

Really? I'm just under the impression there's nothing more good being made. Two of those stand out as francise/spin offs.

Is Love Lies Bleeding anything to do with Elton John?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who work in the public eye, who entertain us… are put on a pedestal.. just always been that way… media and the people themselves as well as their industry, and of course the public fuel a lot of it…makes three of those four cohorts .. LOTS of money…

Actors, sports people, musicians & songwriters, are all the same… just how it is…

I think when people grow up, mature, stuff like Cillian Murphy - who he’s dating, what restaurants he is dining in, where he goes on holiday…. It’s actually information of no use to anyone and they realise it. Nobody’s life will improve by virtue of knowing it, or disimprove by not knowing it…..I’m thinking of my own holiday, I’m thinking of where I’ll be dining next week and other aspects of my own life…. What car Id like to buy….etc…. Cillian Murphy ? My only interest in the fella relates to his work as an actor. “Is he going to be good in X film im thinking about seeing next week ?“

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

And his pathetic excuse years back when his outburst at a light prop guy was leaked: "this guy played high school football there was no way I would have won a fight with him". Give me a break. He knows well that if the light guy got physical with him, he would be thrown out of the set and would never work in the industry again.

I don't get the big deal about mumbling Marlon Brando! People thought he was cool because he didn't bother remembering his lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thereiver

I think awards shows are designed to promote films as well as promote actors , if someone gets an award they are feature in tv shows ,newspaper articles ,blogs ,youtube videos . films that get awards get more publicity and this matters ,you are more likely to watch a film you know about and that features famous actors when its shown on tv or on streaming apps .

companys spends millions advertising video games and movies ,

if you are very strict and never watched a movie that starred an actor that used illegal drugs or for instance had affairs outside marriage you,d have a very limited range of movies to watch.

just being an actor does not gaurantee you will be a person of perfect moral or ethical behavior

Showbiz tends to attract people who want to be famous and rich and maybe people who are vain or slightly arrogant or even slightly shallow .the average actor has to be driven and has to put in long hours to even get a chance at even appearing on a mildy successful tv show ,

Many actors start off working on soap operas like neighbours working on a low wage before they get a chance of being offered film roles

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

A few of them are part of franchises eg Furiosa and Godzilla Minus One but there are more that aren't which hasn't really been the case the last decade.

No, Love Lies Bleeding is nothing to do with Elton John.

Advertisement