Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has boards became a totally one sided site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Flavour of the month, use to be SF thousants and thousants of posts, any welfare/ lone parent/social housing thousants of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Well no they aren't because morons now call anyone who disagrees with them racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

This punchline doesn't work like you think it does.

For example, people who have an issue with their taxes being wasted on IPAs instead of improving the country's services are being branded racist, yet race is not the motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mulbot

It's actually statements like this that show who's the uneducated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…countries currently primarily being run by corporate taxes, if you re google and the likes, its understandable why you d be upset, but if you re not, is there really much to be upset about!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Sunjava

I see "uneducated" is the latest stick of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was given an Infraction nearly 2 months ago and I have been banned from posting threads for what is nearly 2 months now :( . I said one stupid thing. I am sorry. Can I please be allowed to start threads again? I promise it will be nothing stupid. I only want to post in the entertainment and motoring forums

I will not post in A.H.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

This is a prime example of why boards is dying a death.

People being banned while others get away with everything, posts being deleted and a mod that deletes anything to do with immigration so he can avoid people he banned from other threads to have a discussion, but all these people are pretending or making up these things you tell us.

This is the person you go to in dispute resolution to be impartial about your bans.

You are giving out abut people peddling the same narrative non stop, strange for a mod to want people to not post on the site.

If I go look up the gript thread and do a search for a childish word grift I will see you peddling the same narrative non stop despite claiming you never read anything the say.

I won't even go into your aggressive posting style.

You might have a bit of self reflection and realise your post applies to yourself.

Another buzzword insult to throw on the pile. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Isn’t Telegram the platform of choice for racists to spew their bile and hatred? All bad spelling, conspiracy theories, low testosterone, bald heads and beer bellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭tom23

I do roll the eyes to myself when they call Gript - Grift for the 1000 time… ah lads it was kind humerous first few times…

Anyway got banned of a thread last night, took the bait. The advice I would give to anyone, is very simple. Ignore button. Don’t engage. Don’t take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The mods have made it pretty clear that they have no intention of being impartial, they are editors, not moderators.

Best leave them to their echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fitzy149

Yes, it has become one sided and laughably so.

One or 2 pro - immigration posters on there constantly winding people up, are possibly NGOs or have very little else to do.

They get the Mods to step in and ban posters for disagreeing with them.

Not only our government and RTE on the spin but our very own Boards .. where we come to donate our tuppence worth. There really isn't any point anymore - if you disagree with The Narrative, you are branded 'racist' or banned outright.

Also, i've noticed former posts, relevant to the topic, will be removed surreptitiously.

Sad, but there you have it

Sack your scriptwriter, everyone knows your game by now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I do not moderate Current Affairs/IMHO but thanks for proving my point.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I agree with this. I called out some anti-Irish racism on a UK sub and earned a week's ban.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unfortunately this has all been done/discussed before and it won't be long before this thread is moved to Feedback or Helpdesk because "that's where it belongs" where it'll be lost to most of the users, wagons circled, and ultimately closed - optionally with promises to take it all onboard but in real terms I'm hearing that since the Dav days.

Having a mod be both judge and jury (in terms of the appeal process) is a ridiculous state of affairs but you'll be told that they are all volunteers, have lost lots of mods, and we're essentially lucky to have them. Rather than appoint new mods this will continue, and even if they do add some, it'll usually be from the same gene pool of existing mods they have already - fresh perspectives and new approaches is not something that's welcomed it seems.

It's also been stated in the most recent Feedback thread that what is happening is not actually moderating but just responding to reported posts. Essentially just a kneejerk reaction to a snapshot moment in a fast-moving thread/forum. That too is nonsense and allows the "process" to be manipulated and gamed by some, but again mods are volunteers, so….

I'm here mostly because there are still a lot of good posters and good information to be found on this site. There is an "other" site (which I believe we're not allowed mention the name of) that sprung up last year/year before and gained a bit of traction initially, but there is no real replacement for this site so that's also a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭susan678

I put up one post on the subject here and that is it.

We are taking the kids off to the cinema and a treat afterwards.

A bit of genuinely friendly advice you have just posted something really silly.

Don't be grovelling the internet is a big place and the world outside is even bigger.

• Advertisement

I'm sure you can have those concerns without being racist though. What bothers me is that some people who never did anything for their communities are now out protesting because foreign people are being put up near them. My old neighbour who sold and probably still sells drugs was interviewed by sky news at the coolock protest, he was going on about concerns for safety etc. None of these chumps ever did anything about the problems in the area previously. Like the guy selling heroin a few doors down from him, who was eventually turfed out by the council. Or when a guy was shot in the Mizzoni pizza place beside us, not a peep from them. That was all OK for some reason with some of these people.

So I'd think there's an element of racism there with some of these people.

Anyway this site seems to be just the same bloody never ending conversation about immigration and it's just so boring. Also a never ending discussion about how climate change isn't real and the Greens are the cause of all our problems.

A discussion on a bike lane near me and the weather forum is really all that interests me these days, rest of the site is boring old cranks spewing the same nonsense over and over.

Enjoy your film. I'm off to meet a friend and might well do the same after.

I think people might be taking this place a little bit too seriously to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

That's probably an under estimate. There are over 70 countries with a GDP per capita under 10,000 USD even using PPP.

India and Nigeria alone are nearly 1.7 billion people. The only thing stopping most people is the difficulty of raising thousands of dollars to pay people traffickers and the risk of death crossing the Med.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

On boards, saying you're not racist means you're the most racist you could possibly be.

Glazers Out!

To be fair it isn't our brightest running on these anti immigration campaigns. Idiots like Philip Dwyer and Derek Blighe are the best they seem to serve up.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭susan678

Agreed there is a joke about winning debates online but I dare not share it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Who is "anti-immigration" on boards? There's bound to be someone, but its not something I've seen often.

Obviously you'll get variations and different shades of opinions on different topics, but it seems like a deliberate smear to say that people posting are "anti-immigration", usually because they suggest amending immigration criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DialecticAspirations

Revolution is in the air!

But sadly, the beatings will continue until morale improves…

As usual, despite the noise, the "Thanks" counts say it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭tom23

I think most of the posters here that have concerns for immigration don’t take those ‘gentlemen’ seriously… the same with citizen journalist Andy Heaseman, who could hardly be described as nothing more than a uneducated fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

It's completely rational to be against mass illegal immigration funded by the taxpayer which completely changes Irish society within one generation. There is nothing racist or uneducated to be completely against this crazy policy.

Trying to denigrate people as cranks just because you disagree with them is a clear sign of an uneducated person. You're also giving out on a niche message board so a pointless observation.

There's probably only a few thousand genuine racists in the whole country so using that word has no real meaning in this debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement